Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

would u play halo on ps3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote STYLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: would u play halo on ps3?
    Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 12:22am
i found this: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6178.html

this is what sony say´s :

Bungie on PS3 will create 'Halo on steroids'

on the upcoming E3 they will show the new game.

i know i have to wait 4 years to get UT4 so i can wast my time with halo on my ps3!

DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 4:05am
no, never, too slowly for me. when i played halo 3 in 360 of my bro, i hated that game! i can't move where i want! ¬¬

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 4:29am
as a Unreal fan i will promise you this, you would hate halo, its so god damm slow, i cant tell you how frustrating it is and the weapons are so tinny and dont have that cruunch to them like in unreal

the story line isnt to bad and the online community is massive but personlly i cant stand halo, the first one was pretty good but after that it was sh.it

i wouldnt play call of duty if you couldnt sprint, i cant handle not being able to move fast, thats why i love MW2 coz of leightweight

if they announced you could sprint in the upcoming Halo:Reach id buy it and give it another shot
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 7:46am
i'm pretty sure Reach does have sprint.. there are different classes you get to choice from before the matches (like BFBC2)
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

brightSunnyDay132 View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote brightSunnyDay132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:21am
yea you can sprint in Reach....

Reach is basically a mix of Shadowrun and Halo mixed...well because the makers of shadowrun all work for bungie now lol
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:03am
I'd rather get a table dance from Trent Lott than play Halo.
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:05am
Not a halo fan so no.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:34am
Halo's a partygame
otherwise it sucks
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:39am
halo was created for children...r3tarded children
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 11:03am
Thumbs Up i like this thread
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 11:19am
If steroids means faster, with bigger guns, and an actual level builder (a step up from Halo 3's.. I forget the name, but I heard they had something that lets you edit the levels and where stuff goes.), then maybe.
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 1:32pm
They don't actually say Halo will be on the PS3 just Bungie games....

Halo is a fun game to play and if was really that easy to own on that game then you should be making money playing it.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 11:01pm
F*ck Halo!!!
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

If steroids means faster, with bigger guns, and an actual level builder (a step up from Halo 3's.. I forget the name, but I heard they had something that lets you edit the levels and where stuff goes.), then maybe.

ur referring to Forge. 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 1:26pm
I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again, UT3>Halo.  Halo is UT3 with a gravity mod, Slow field mod combined with MW2s gltiches/cheats and grenades.  The only thing good about Halo has little to do with Halo really.  I like Bungie's synced website where you can create a profile and anything you do in game you can see in your profile (level stats, double kills etc).  you can create frag videos easily, and the community, for how old it's been out, is still bigger than MW2.  Plus there is a black market.  My son actually makes money on H3 by upgrading less stellar retards to level 50 or by selling level 50 accounts.  plus the Halo MLG pros have created their own market (ie selling buddy invites or play time or training lessons etc.)  Let's not forget the tremendous support the game has with MLG as well.  there are more Halo Tournaments than there are of any other game PERIOD.  This includes GoW and MW2.  Halo Ain't going anywhere.  but until they don't UT3 it by making it faster.. get rid of those stupid grenades and fix the gravity issue I'd stay away..  besides.. wtf wants to play a game that bears the unique stench of MS anyways?  f*** MS!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 1:56pm
halo is fun sometimes.. one reason why i don't play it is because how frustrating it is.. worst spawn points EVER
- Best Coast

warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by PcX_Potorikan

I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again, UT3>Halo.  Halo is UT3 with a gravity mod, Slow field mod combined with MW2s gltiches/cheats and grenades.  The only thing good about Halo has little to do with Halo really.  I like Bungie's synced website where you can create a profile and anything you do in game you can see in your profile (level stats, double kills etc).  you can create frag videos easily, and the community, for how old it's been out, is still bigger than MW2.  Plus there is a black market.  My son actually makes money on H3 by upgrading less stellar retards to level 50 or by selling level 50 accounts.  plus the Halo MLG pros have created their own market (ie selling buddy invites or play time or training lessons etc.)  Let's not forget the tremendous support the game has with MLG as well.  there are more Halo Tournaments than there are of any other game PERIOD.  This includes GoW and MW2.  Halo Ain't going anywhere.  but until they don't UT3 it by making it faster.. get rid of those stupid grenades and fix the gravity issue I'd stay away..  besides.. wtf wants to play a game that bears the unique stench of MS anyways?  f*** MS!
You're making a huge mistake by trying to compare Halo 3 to UT3; they are completely different games. Halo is not in any way "UT3 with a gravity mod, Slow field mod combined with MW2s gltiches/cheats and grenades". Have you ever played it or just watched your son? The aiming and armor/health system is different as well as all of the game mechanics. The game isn't even run on the same engine as UT3. Also, what glitches/cheats are you speaking of? Halo 3 is one of the least glitchy games I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and the amount of polish that Bungie puts into their work is incredible. So much fine tuning goes into Halo, making it a great gaming experience that it is no wonder why it's fanbase is so large, and ripping on Microsoft doesn't help the  argument.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 3:30pm
I'm still willing to give Bungie a chance.  By "Halo on steroids" they could easily mean something that surpasses anything they did on the original Xbox/ 360.  Their next FPS might not be anything like it, besides the possibility of a somewhat similar level of MLG activity and the other stuff you (Potorikan) viewed positive or somewhat positive.  In other words, I think they're intending to blow Halo away, possibly out of spite towards Microsoft.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by warfare

You're making a huge mistake by trying to compare Halo 3 to UT3; they are completely different games. Halo is not in any way "UT3 with a gravity mod, Slow field mod combined with MW2s gltiches/cheats and grenades". Have you ever played it or just watched your son? The aiming and armor/health system is different as well as all of the game mechanics. The game isn't even run on the same engine as UT3. Also, what glitches/cheats are you speaking of? Halo 3 is one of the least glitchy games I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and the amount of polish that Bungie puts into their work is incredible. So much fine tuning goes into Halo, making it a great gaming experience that it is no wonder why it's fanbase is so large, and ripping on Microsoft doesn't help the  argument.
spawn points are horrible in halo 3. the game isn't that bad, just not what i'm into.
- Best Coast

lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 4:36pm

Gay + slow = halo.  enough said. 

I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 6:13pm

U should note that I"m not Necro and I"m not about to get into a war of wits about a crappy ass game like halo.  that aside I will say this:

I"m aware that Halo is to UT3 what Ferrari is to Lamborghini.  Both have their merits but some drivers will have preferences.  Mine lay with UT3 for reasons I already cited.  But to elaborate:

Gravity mod quip:  Halo's Jumping feels like ur perpetually stuck in Matrix-style bullit mode where landing from a jump takes an eternity.  There's no real jumping dodges like there are in UT3.  Essentially it's strafing with the occasional floating exhanges much like when playing UT3 with the grav mod.  and that's what I meant.  

I've played the game and watched plenty of battles at home and in tourneys (taken my son to a few of those in fact).  I"m well aware of the silly regenrating armor crap (wait 4 seconds and ur back, and to top it off you get the overshield as well pfft).  Imagine anyone from QM or FNL playing with those.  They'd be completely more unstoppable than they already are.  

Slow Field Quip:  I expect most people understood what I meant by this if they've ever played both games.  The speed the game moves in is horrible once ur used to ut3.  This is why anyone that plays halo and sees someone playing the speed freak mod on ut3 are in utter disbelief that it exists.  

as for the glitching:  I meant glitches as in programming holes that players exploit, not programming errors on part of the coders.  those two are completely dif.  There are plenty of things players do in Halo to get ahead.  Biggest one I can think of is the router standying to freeze players in game.  that's gotta be the lowest of the low right there.  Nothing like that in UT3.  if ur ever bored read this one out of hundreds of articles on cheating, glitching and such http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Cheating

as for the engine:  I think most on here know Epic and Bungie own their own respective game engines.  I won't go into further detail.

Dude, I blasted MS for a variety of reasons over my life as a die-hard mac user but the root of it is always the same.  MS is not famous for innovation (this is not to say the've never innovated btw, i know they came out with a supersize touch screen table after all).  innovating and buying something innovative are two dif things.  as a SW co, a HW co, as a gaming platform they reek of inferiority and constant 'me-too' implementations of things others are doing better.  like......gaming consoles and operating systems.  They're buying a well established IP from an innovative company like Bungie is right up MS's alley in terms of market practice.  it's just what they do.  They'll **** it with things like ODST and Reach but they won't do anything really significant with it (unless they kept some Bungie Employees in the deal when they bought the IP).  Now if you really want to see innovation, let's keep our eye on what Bungie does next.    

warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:00am
Potorikan,

Well, let me say from the start that I too prefer playing UT3 over Halo.  However...

Every single point you make i.e. gravity, regenerating armor etc., makes MY point that UT3 and Halo are fundamentally different games.  As you and Tuna say, it's a preference...

I just think it's ironic that you should bring up glitching as a problem in Halo when UT3 is notorious for bugs and glitches.  In fact, since UT3 came out one of the most consistent criticisms of the game has been that Epic essentially put out an unpolished beta version of the game.

As for your paragraph on Microsoft, all I can say is:  IRRELEVANT.  The only thing I care about when playing a game is if it is good or not.  I mean really, who cares if Microsoft invented it or bought a company who invented it?  Their market practices don't interest me in the least.

No my main reason for speaking up (aside from actually liking the game) is that this sight is a PS3-centric sight and it's worth, every once in a while, putting a spoke in the wheel of the bandwagon mentality that takes over on many of these threads.  Halo, because it's WAAAAY more popular and by extension, Microsoft, the arch enemy of the Playstation crowd, is an EASY target especially on a sight like this. (Not to mention Apple fanboyism.Smile

And finally, let me add this, I believe, and this is my own personal opinion, that people generally like things they are good at and its opposite is true also, that is, people generally dislike those things they are NOT good at.   Wouldn't you say this is GENERALLY, true?  I can't help but have the suspicion that SOME of the people who claim that Halo requires no skill to play (not talking about you Potorikan) perhaps, were not very successful at it.  In short, they were OWNED.  But that's just me...Smile 

aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:26am
I play Halo games for the campaign modes. I like ut3 only for the online gaming, I don't play Halo online, never really gave it a chance. But, the campaigns on legendary difficulty are incredible to me, I love playing them.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:30pm

Potorikan,

Well, let me say from the start that I too prefer playing UT3 over Halo.  However...

Every single point you make i.e. gravity, regenerating armor etc., makes MY point that UT3 and Halo are fundamentally different games.  As you and Tuna say, it's a preference...

I just think it's ironic that you should bring up glitching as a problem in Halo when UT3 is notorious for bugs and glitches.  In fact, since UT3 came out one of the most consistent criticisms of the game has been that Epic essentially put out an unpolished beta version of the game.

As for your paragraph on Microsoft, all I can say is:  IRRELEVANT.  The only thing I care about when playing a game is if it is good or not.  I mean really, who cares if Microsoft invented it or bought a company who invented it?  Their market practices don't interest me in the least.

No my main reason for speaking up (aside from actually liking the game) is that this sight is a PS3-centric sight and it's worth, every once in a while, putting a spoke in the wheel of the bandwagon mentality that takes over on many of these threads.  Halo, because it's WAAAAY more popular and by extension, Microsoft, the arch enemy of the Playstation crowd, is an EASY target especially on a sight like this. (Not to mention Apple fanboyism.Smile

And finally, let me add this, I believe, and this is my own personal opinion, that people generally like things they are good at and its opposite is true also, that is, people generally dislike those things they are NOT good at.   Wouldn't you say this is GENERALLY, true?  I can't help but have the suspicion that SOME of the people who claim that Halo requires no skill to play (not talking about you Potorikan) perhaps, were not very successful at it.  In short, they were OWNED.  But that's just me...Smile 

this is so true lol. once you start getting better at halo and you start playing people with a higher skill level it gets really really hard. unless you are on a team with skilled players with great team work and knowledge of the game then you will get ****d 90% of the time.
- Best Coast

oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 5:51am
i got ****d bad @ halo but xbox contoller i **** on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>