Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sniping Advice
    Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Buzzin Fr0g

Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

yea im in Valor. i have the 2nd tier SFRC with 4x scope now. it does ok but i haft to empty 2 clips in someone to get a killi and i get insta gib'd a lot. i guess i should of bought the armor for 5 points?
WTF?  When was the last time you played MAG?

sup Buzzin...VGP got me to play a few games but we were getting destroyed lol i only had 1 decent game where i went 28-7 the rest were really bad..i kept hitting r2 to shoot lol

i know...im a MAG noob
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 5:45pm

yea im in Valor. i have the 2nd tier SFRC with 4x scope now. it does ok but i haft to empty 2 clips in someone to get a killi and i get insta gib'd a lot. i guess i should of bought the armor for 5 points?

WTF?  When was the last time you played MAG?
Got Pwned?

misfit44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote misfit44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 1:53am
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Originally posted by oXxLunacyxXo

120 health ? how u do that

Increased health.  If I remember correctly, it's one of, if not the last ability you gain in one of the ability groups.  I haven't played the game in some time, so excuse my forgetfulness.

It's in the last item on the Atheticism list (the first item is Impact Damage Resistance). 5 skill points to get it. Happy Hunting
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by oXxLunacyxXo

Increased health.  If I remember correctly, it's one of, if not the last ability you gain in one of the ability groups.  I haven't played the game in some time, so excuse my forgetfulness.
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:16pm
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by daaBOMB

omg im in love with the shotgun! only gun i use now in MAG...SPAM XD
yeah since the last patch I have gotten quite a few "two kills with one shot" with my boomstick. 
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:31pm
omg im in love with the shotgun! only gun i use now in MAG...SPAM XD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:43am
thanks BAIN i'll try a shotgun.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 10:11am

Yeah, that's my problem too. If you don't get head shots then you have to use a lot of ammo. You can try the SMG but you'll use a lot of ammo with it also. It reloads faster but seems less effective now against the super heavy armor. Plus it has less range than the AR. Try the shotgun. It's only good fro medium to close range but only costs you 400cc in weight. You can use the bulldog armor (800cc) and a sensor jammer (600cc) and still carry a med kit and grenades. The LMG is always nice to have also with the 100 round mag.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:35pm
Nah, I'll just stick with my heavy machine gun and rocket launcher whenever I have Heavy or Medium-Heavy armor, given I ever play again.  I am Heavy Weapons guy and the whatever it's called (version VIA) is my weapon.
InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 3:43pm
Heavy armor with shotgun or SMG or LMG FTW!!
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 3:33pm
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:22pm
Are you Valor? I don't use the AR but most people like the 2nd tier AR (SFCR-LW) with the 4x scope. I use the shotgun and the LMG because I suck. Another good AR is the 1st tier sniper rifle (MK14). It's only semi-automatic and has a 20 round magazine but it's pretty powerful and easy to use close range un-scoped.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 11:11am
ay i have a question. is the assault rifle as good as the machine gun? ive only played a few times and im only on level 18.

and is the more powerful assault rifle worth the 5 points?
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 6:59am
Originally posted by TX2k7

thnx crow ill mess around with the different types...oh hey, i tried da variable scope but was unable to figure out the zoom in/out button? i tried pretty much everythn...did i miss somethn?
yeah up and down on the d pad haha variable scope rules
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

ill give u advice tx.. STOP BEING A NOOB AND GET GOOD! :P

Seriously TX, you NOOB!
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:13am

ill give u advice tx.. STOP BEING A NOOB AND GET GOOD! :P

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 2:51am
thnx crow ill mess around with the different types...oh hey, i tried da variable scope but was unable to figure out the zoom in/out button? i tried pretty much everythn...did i miss somethn?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 11:19pm
Back when I played MAG, I didn't really snipe all too often, since I'm a noob running around with a  heavy machine gun and rocket launcher (sometimes claymores and grenades)  I love rigging the  enemy snipers' sweet spots in the SVER map with Claymores, then seeing their names occasionally pop up on my screen.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 11:03pm
dude sniping is so easy  dont lead them too much half and inch maybe a quarter..very small lead. as misfit said most people have heavy armor and 120 life..honestly it all depends on ur personal play ...if i snipe i MAKE SURE i have the auto pistol on hand...second .50 cal with variable scope. so im able to see far away and close up without problems. if ur not aiming for headshots and you are on open fields then the first sniper would do with a decent scope less recoil and faster shots. the mid sniper rifle is good for headshots high scope it has a steady aim but decently slow fire rate. match one that plays ur style i like being up close hence why i always have the autopistol
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:41pm
ya i always lead my target, it just seems that no matter how much or how little i lead them, i can nvr hit them while they move...theres gotta b something to it cuz i see these guys gettn 1 shot headshots like its childs play
misfit44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote misfit44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:20pm
when i used 2 snipe people. i found that you can't put the crosshairs on someone that is running
and fire because it would miss. so you have 2 aim in front of them alittle bit and then fire.
but now everone has heavy armor and 120 life, so your best bet is a .50 caliber.
and if i can remember,the .50 cal leaves a trail when one fires it so you can see where the bullet hit.

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 3:50pm
hey i haven't really messed around w/ the sniper rifle much, but the times that i have, its been quite difficult for me figuring out just how much i should b leading my target. it also doesn't help me that theres no dust trail to tell me roughly how close i was...so any advice per long range sniper rifles would be great....thnx
 Post Reply Post Reply