Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone think of a good name for a FPS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone think of a good name for a FPS?
    Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 5:46pm
I'm just starting my Unit 3 in A2 Graphic Design and i'm thinking of creating my own futuristic first person shooter game for consoles kind of like the Unreal Tournament series, i'm struggling to think of a good name for it, has anyone got any good names?
I'm basically going to be making an advertisment poster for it and a cover for an Xbox 360 and PS3 case

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 5:48pm
how about "SYZYGY"
it's about an old man in a retirement home who gets fed up with the world and decides that it's pay back time
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 5:52pm
LOL
Something that actually made me laugh out loud.
"its payback time!"  maybe the quote on the back of the game cover?  :o
im not NE good at coming up with names/titles....  sounds interesting what your doing tho.
Nerd...... Geek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 6:20pm
teabagging 2465
T2D-QuickRC View Drop Down
Team T2D
Team T2D

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 7:22pm
:[P-Hâ-ÑT-ä-Çî]: "Ur PaTH aWaiT's"
18plus+

Edit: when you say it, say it with a dark voice =P Trust me!
   AM UR REDBULL.. AND LETS FLY AWAY!!
jibba91 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote jibba91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Greeny

I'm just starting my Unit 3 in A2 Graphic Design and i'm thinking of creating my own futuristic first person shooter game for consoles kind of like the Unreal Tournament series, i'm struggling to think of a good name for it, has anyone got any good names?
I'm basically going to be making an advertisment poster for it and a cover for an Xbox 360 and PS3 case

think of a name for a game is kind of hard. i was talking with hott a while back about game that i want to make when im older. i couldn't think of a name for it but i was able to think of some of the story line.
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:24pm
Death Phase
Soldiers of War
Soldiers of Men
Underworlds of Death
Grim Wars
Unstoppable Tactics
Freedom Wars
Mass Tactics

That's all i've got so far O.o hope it helps
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:35pm
the best fps games always have a 1 word name imo..

any random word ussually works.. like deceit.. or despair

or you could call it quake marines.. the story of this group of guys who travelled the barren futuristic wastelands in search of the challenge they could never find over years of spanking the **** out of ut3
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:38pm
men among boys, the quake marines story starring will smith as dahblackworm and kevin hart as phantaci. lol j/k
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:55pm
LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:56pm
Recharge
CrossFire
Reflex
idk lol
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

the best fps games always have a 1 word name imo..

any random word ussually works.. like deceit.. or despair

or you could call it quake marines.. the story of this group of guys who travelled the barren futuristic wastelands in search of the challenge they could never find over years of spanking the **** out of ut3

TimeSplitters and Bulletstorm both have 1 worded names, sort of.  Would that mean they're among the best?  What about Killzone or Halo?  Err.. I take it back.  I guess not every one-worded FPS game name is actually a quality game.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:02pm

quake, painkiller, hexen, herectic, blood, daikatana, unreal (the original), halo, killzone, timesplitters, socom, doom, wolfenstein, bulletstorm, etc

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:07pm
i think "exile" would be a cool name for a fps game
jibba91 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote jibba91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:40pm
a name that i like for a game is nightmare. im gonna start making a story for it and gather an idea for it like online play(modes,maps), campaign that is always changing, custom charatcers and more im gonna start work on this in a couple of days.
deadaim thats is a good idea u could make a really great game out of the name quake marines. u guys may think of it as a joke but u could make a crazy military game out of it. if u just think about it.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:54pm
hey jibba if you know how to model charcacters in maya 3d or lightwaves 3d there's a gaming  engine called unity you should check out, it's free, easy to use and great. i used it for a gaming class i took in college.  And  at least that way you can try out concept to see if they work, and when your able to make it for real, you know what you want.
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:49pm
Soul Slayer
Fearless
12 Gauge
Brutal Force
Hellstorm
Ferocity
Guns of Fury/Weapons of Fury
Rage
Final Deception
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:52pm

men among boys, the quake marines story starring will smith as dahblackworm and kevin hart as phantaci. lol j/k

That was effin hilarious. Clap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:42pm

quake, painkiller, hexen, herectic, blood, daikatana, unreal (the original), halo, killzone, timesplitters, socom, doom, wolfenstein, bulletstorm, etc

hexen XD
isn't that the old school co-op n64 game where you beat the **** out of demons? i used to play the holy f*** out of that game with my friends when i was like 8 or 9 ha. that was when i was in love with doom 2 and shadows of the empire :D
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Vedakid

Soul Slayer
Fearless
12 Gauge
Brutal Force
Hellstorm
Ferocity
Guns of Fury/Weapons of Fury
Rage
Final Deception
rage is the new game that id software has been working on
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:51pm
i know this is a bit off topic but did anyone play Boogerman for the sega genesis? that game was bad ass haha.
so was battletoads
- Best Coast

Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 9:15pm
yes battle toads was badass, hated the jet skies,though
jibba91 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote jibba91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Zellot

hey jibba if you know how to model charcacters in maya 3d or lightwaves 3d there's a gaming  engine called unity you should check out, it's free, easy to use and great. i used it for a gaming class i took in college.  And  at least that way you can try out concept to see if they work, and when your able to make it for real, you know what you want.
ill check it out but i would rather do the storyboard to the game and make the concept to the game then design the charcacters and buildings. im gonna try my hardest to make that game nightmare. im try to make the story and design the map (city layout) and everything besised the designing part of it.
jibba91 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote jibba91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 10:36pm
thanks zellot thats what i was looking for i hv been looking for that for like a month or so. thank you sooooooo much. i just want it to finish downloading now.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 10:43pm
yo man download the lurpz tutorial it'll tell/ help to make a game, by using what they give you in the turtorial to make a real game. and you can also tweek the game if you firgure out how and the programming code for unitycan be a real b**** unless you know java programming, but if you go to the Unity forum they'll help you out big time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>