FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Names of Good Movies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Names of Good Movies?
    Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:34pm
you know bladerunner is based off a novel by philip k. d***. forgot the title but i know it's something about dreaming of electric sheep. i used to love bladerunner but after watching Ran and 8 1/2 it's hard for me to watch it again
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:34pm
i haven't seen inception yet T_T ppl r saying its better then avatar...i wanna go watch it >.<
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by daaBOMB

i haven't seen inception yet T_T ppl r saying its better then avatar...i wanna go watch it >.<
Thats probably because Avatar sucked ass!! lmao, i do not know how it made that much money!  :o
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

If you havn't seen Blade Runner, it's a must ... get it in Blu Ray and watch it on a nice TV w Sound System. The score by Tangerine Dream is mesmerizing.

My Netflix runs out in about 2 weeks, i will be sure to check it out! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

you know bladerunner is based off a novel by philip k. d***. forgot the title but i know it's something about dreaming of electric sheep. i used to love bladerunner but after watching Ran and 8 1/2 it's hard for me to watch it again

'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep'... I think ... its in the final credits.

I tried and tried and tried to get into Kurosawa .... just can't.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 1:51pm
isn't 8 1/2 by fellini?

I've never seen that one but I have seen La Dolce Vita and Amarcord.

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:11pm

which Kurosawa films have you seen? i highly recommend Ran. the cinematography in that movie is absolutely stunning. i just ordered Red Beard and i'll definitely post whether it's good or not.

i haven't seen those Fellini movies but i have watched 8 1/2 and Satyricon and they are both great movies.. don't listen to imdb's rating on Satyricon because it's dead wrong. the movie is great, it's just that most people who watch it don't know what's going on because it's made in fragments because the only written copy of Satyricon is in fragments.
- Best Coast

oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:54pm
video drone good crazy movie
misfit44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote misfit44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:59pm
here are a few foreign horror movies a just seen

Brotherhood of the Wolf or (le pacte des loups)
good monster/action film from france, some what based on a true story.

Let the Right one In
a vampire film from Iceland (i think)

The Machine Girl
a tokyo shock film that is weird, bloody and makes no sense but it was fun watching it.

Cannibal Holocaust is good film and so very realistic that the director was charged with murder and
had 2 show up in court with an actress because people thought he killed her in the film.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 5:06pm

which Kurosawa films have you seen? i highly recommend Ran. the cinematography in that movie is absolutely stunning. i just ordered Red Beard and i'll definitely post whether it's good or not.

i haven't seen those Fellini movies but i have watched 8 1/2 and Satyricon and they are both great movies.. don't listen to imdb's rating on Satyricon because it's dead wrong. the movie is great, it's just that most people who watch it don't know what's going on because it's made in fragments because the only written copy of Satyricon is in fragments.

I've seen RAN, Hidden Fortress, Rashomon ( I heard Lucas based Star Wars on this), and Seven Samurai

I kinda liked 7 Samurai, but the others .... meh.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 5:09pm

oops I meant Hidden Fortress, not Rashomon. (the one Lucas based Star Wars on)

ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:36am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KQCX0zNdyc

TRUST ME, watch this trailer hahahahaha its insane

its a film called Poltrygeist -Night Of The Chicken Dead

if that doesnt make you laugh then you suffer from depression
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:49pm
On a different note ... I saw 'Dinner for Shmucks' and loved it!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 5:57pm
so i watched Red Beard today and i would have to say that it is a masterpiece.. it is that good. you should watch it fluffer
- Best Coast

phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 9:17pm
the curious case of benjamin button...and grease - all time favorite
Riff Raff - True Artist
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 7:14am

Grandma's Boy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail,  Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Dogma, Mallrats, Clerks, Clerks 2, Tropic Thunder, HAHAHA sorry had to get that out of my system, Meet the Parents, Meet the Fockers, Dodgeball, Wedding Crashers, Idle Hands, The Love Guru, Austin Powers, Supertroopers, Bio-Dome, Son In Law, Encino man, Monkeybone, In the Army Now, Princess Bride, Anger Management, Happy Gilmore, Little Nicky, Mr.Deeds, Waterboy, Death To Smoochy, Mars Attacks, Beetle Juice, From Dusk Till Dawn,  Batman, Batman Returns, Full Metal Jacket, War of the Worlds, Kick-Ass, The Shinning, Domestic Disturbance

Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:51am

so i watched Red Beard today and i would have to say that it is a masterpiece.. it is that good. you should watch it fluffer

I put it in my que on netflix, it wasn't avaialble for streaming ...

Theres's an interesting Trilogy out there:

1. Klute
2. The parallax View
3. All the presidents Men

Theyre not related stories but still considered part of a trilogy (the Political Paranoia Trilogy) by director Alan Pakula, all from the 1970's

all three movies are out standing excellent cinematogrphy and a transcendent feel like hitchchok.

oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 2:32am
legends of the fall i liked avatar good family flick kick ass was pretty funny tellin u video drone flip ur mind more than inception
AsTRoNoMiCal View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote AsTRoNoMiCal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 5:12pm
Army of Darkness, Battle Royale and Meet the Feebles are my 3 favs!
Every time I try to go where I really want to be it's already where I am cause I'm already there (.)Y(.)
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 1:53pm
Believers,Stranded,Power of one.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by AsTRoNoMiCal

okay, evil dead 2 is the best one out of the 3... i thought army of darkness was okay but sucked compared to the 2nd one.
battle royale was kinda dumb but i liked it when i was like 16. pretty much a cheesy B movie about teenage japanese kids killing each other on an island.
meet the feeble's is a good movie.

just wanted to tell ya what i thought about your 3 favorite movies of all time.
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 5:58pm
watched The Virginity Hit this past weekend.. was pretty funny
- Best Coast

puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 6:01pm

Originally posted by AsTRoNoMiCal

okay, evil dead 2 is the best one out of the 3... i thought army of darkness was okay but sucked compared to the 2nd one.
battle royale was kinda dumb but i liked it when i was like 16. pretty much a cheesy B movie about teenage japanese kids killing each other on an island.
meet the feeble's is a good movie.

just wanted to tell ya what i thought about your 3 favorite movies of all time.
EVIL DEAD 1 > EVIL DEAD 2
Both are great, 2 was more gruesome, but 1 was better all around imo.  :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 6:05pm
lol HELL NO Evil Dead 2 is waaay better than the first one.. 2 is a remake of the first one anyways and it's a lot better.. it's filmed better, written better, and looks better. 
- Best Coast

warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by misfit44

here are a few foreign horror movies a just seen

Brotherhood of the Wolf or (le pacte des loups)
good monster/action film from france, some what based on a true story.

Let the Right one In
a vampire film from Iceland (i think)

The Machine Girl
a tokyo shock film that is weird, bloody and makes no sense but it was fun watching it.

Cannibal Holocaust is good film and so very realistic that the director was charged with murder and
had 2 show up in court with an actress because people thought he killed her in the film.

There is an excellent American remake of Let the Right One In called Let Me In - it's out in movie theaters right now.  Haven't seen the original Swedish version you mention but they are saying that this American version compares very favorably to it.  If you like vampire movies then I highly recommend this movie.  It is unlike any vampire movie I have ever seen... very sweet and touching but plenty of gruesome action.Thumbs Up

Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
NbK_metdave28 View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote NbK_metdave28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 6:58am
Goodfellas and The Departed are cracking films... The original 1960's version of The Italian Job... Heat and The Rock are 2 more good ones!

if you're looking for foreign horror/thriller, try Switchblade Romance. It's french and very good!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>