Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Quake Live
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Quake Live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quake Live
    Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 2:46pm
Hey Everyone, i know many of you arent intrested in this but i did want those out there with computers to know, that on the 24th of Feburary Quake Live, is going Live (lol). Dont know if im breaking my beta agreement by releasing this information but for those who dont know the game will be completely free, so if you have a computer do yourself a favor and try it out.. its even compatible with sh*tty computers

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 2:51pm
this is gonna sound retarded

how do i get it?
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 2:57pm
google it
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 3:05pm
you wont beable to find it till the 24th, wait till then and youll download it right from the website, takes like 5 minutes to download and itll run on any comp
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 3:06pm
Deadaim, thanks for the info. When you get a link, can you edit your post above to add the link?
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 3:10pm

ok i added it, im also gonna try and record some vids tonight so people can check out the gameplay

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 3:11pm
Awesome dude, can't wait to see.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 3:13pm
I'll try it for free. Even though I've never played a pc game in my life. Now if they would only make hookers free, then I'd have more money for games.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 4:19pm
the game is great but im having problems with it and hopefully deadaim can help me..FOR SOME STRANGE REASON I CANT TURN OR SHOOT!!!! lol
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

the game is great but im having problems with it and hopefully deadaim can help me..FOR SOME STRANGE REASON I CANT TURN OR SHOOT!!!! lol

lol sounds like an issue.. ill work with you tonight to get it to work
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 5:30pm
haha yeah runs hella smooth perfectly fine cept i cant turn and shoot lmao i cant move from my usb mouse or my internal mouse on my keyoard
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 2:12pm
i just learned how to record.. its really simple acctually.. all you type "record (demoname)" in the console and it records you a vid in your directory, so next time i play someone im gonna record it. just got sweet vengeance vs one of the players i lost to on my first day.. Tilter from UT3 360/PC
iAM_KayoticKilla View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 2:32pm
So, Deadaim, you had indicated that the game would run on any pc. Do you think this would run on a pc that is about 4 years old with a single Pentium 4 processor?
iAM_Dedicated, iAM_Dependable, iAM_Dynamic: I Am KayoticKilla
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 3:42pm
kayotickilla, most likely it would without a problem, its really a remake of a 10 yr old game so the original was designed to run on much older computers.

anyhow as far as the videos i recorded 2 matches this morning, both have some sick kills in them and i just need to fidn a program to record them while i watch them in demo mode (the demos you make in game are only viewable in game, by typing "demo" and the demo name and it launches the demo) so im gonna download a screen recording program and just record me watchin the demos so i can upload them for anyone who wants to see the game in action
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 3:47pm
Dead, thanks for the info. Have you ever played HL-DM on the pc? If so, how would you compare Quake Live to HL-DM?

I will say that I can play FEAR: Combat with little to no issues on low settings on the PC I currently have.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 6:36pm

took the video down, gonna try and edit it so its more visible

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 10:14pm
looks terrible

lol

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 10:17pm
Im gonna try this out , never really played against pc players online, this is gonna be frustrating as hell at first....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 10:19pm
i want to download quake live... someone give me the official link to get it? i downloaded something i thought was quake live but it wasn't.... O_O someone help? <3
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 10:23pm
aint out yet that vid clip is of the beta
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 10:45pm
According to www.quakelive.com; the open beta starts 02/24/09. I'll be checkin this bad boy out for sure. Great vid DeadAim. I will say, that IMO, the graphics are a bit to be desired. But it looks as though the main focus is on game play and not visuals.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 1:12am
http://gameroom.gamebattles.com/view/Ls3K5WSakJk.html

ok i made the video alot more visible.. problem this time is its choppy, i figured out how to change the frame rate though so ill redo it tommorow with the rest of the game included which had the best parts missed in this video
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 11:06am
hell yeah thanks for the date.

Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 10:04pm
Well, as I said in my previous post, Quake Live Public Beta was supposed to open today? Has anyone been able to download the beta?!? If so, could you please post a link. I can't seem to access anything by going to www.quakelive.com.

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 10:09pm

its up now !

**** this is game is to popular.. the servers are all pretty much crashed because of the m@ssive amount of bandwidth of people trying to play all at the same time because its launch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>