| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Finally some Quake Arena Arcade footage!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally some Quake Arena Arcade footage!
    Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 5:00am
Just found this video today which so far has totally blown me away and re-ignited my need for this game asap. Check it out and enjoy! (FYI the guy doin this preview is foreign so you cant understand what he's saying but either way its still awesome!)

http://tvgry.pl/?ID=502
brightSunnyDay132 View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote brightSunnyDay132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 9:15am
thats awesome good find bird, still no idea wen its oout tho
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 11:20am
Lol @ all the people making fun of QAA in the comments section.

It looks good but downfall is no strafe jump will kill the game for Long-time Quake fans and the slow pace will too.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Nova

Lol @ all the people making fun of QAA in the comments section.

It looks good but downfall is no strafe jump will kill the game for Long-time Quake fans and the slow pace will too.
didnt they say the same about Ut3 vs prior Ut's? (side dodge and pace)
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 6:32pm
We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out, and then we can judge it.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 8:01pm
is it for sure theres no strafejumping? that makes for a completely different game :/
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Drokun

is it for sure theres no strafejumping? that makes for a completely different game :/

I know they wont add the exact physics engine of Q3 because anyone who is familiar with Q3 knows that strafe jumping isnt something you can just pick up and do, it has to be something you learn. And trying to reproduce the exact same movement is pretty much impossible with a controller. However I'm hoping they add the same strafe jumping they used in Q4 for xbox were you just keep jumping to build up speed. Sure it wont be as smooth as the pc version but its better than nothing.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 9:22pm
there just has to be something that speeds up the game so much
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 2:19pm
Yeah this game looks as slow as halo without strafe jump.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 4:02pm
they need to have strafe jumping, they already did it on console with quake4 on 360.. it wont be quake without strafe jumping
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 1:08am
anyone have any idea what language they're speaking?
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:13am
It's in Polish
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Nova

Yeah this game looks as slow as halo without strafe jump.
i think it looks just as fast as ut3 for console lol. halo is about half this speed
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 11:51am
finally.
yeah looks way faster then Halo. Notice you keep jump like UT..you know side to side..or maybe that is strafe? From what I see, you jump like Halo.
PSN:Imaginative
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 12:20pm
halos a bit slower yeah, but without something like the strafejumping on PC quake or bunnyhopping it'll be so slow compared to pc :/ how are you supposed to keep map control over 3 items each with roughly 30 seconds spawntime if you can't move fast enough
will YA be ignored by the winning player and used by the losing? lol
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 4:42pm
Just have some faith people!
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 4:49pm
haha bird

i do have faith tho.. not sure i will be playing this game because im quite happy with quakelive, but im willing to bet that it will have bunny hopping (strafe jumping).
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 5:04pm
Well I dug a lil deeper on that website and found out they have a release date for QAA(http://www.gry-online.pl/S030.asp?ID=24667) and according to them this game will come out on August 25, 2010 but we'll have to wait and see if its right or wrong.

But ya I think they arent dumb enough to make a game like that without strafe jumping and after watching this video like 20 times and seeing the movement in it I'm pretty we'll be fine.
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:40pm
I got plenty faith. Lol
Never played Quake in my life so I'm open for anything.
Paw View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by BuMrUsH

I got plenty faith. Lol

same here
-Show me my Opponent-

LeX View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote LeX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 12:13pm
This'll have the same following Q4 360 had ..but it might last a bit longer since Q3 > Q4. I can tell from watching the vid there will be some form a strafe jumping but It's not gonna anywhere as reliable as PC strafe jumping.  Either way if it does come out I'll be playing it eventually.
Dodgeball...     Come get some.
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Paw

Originally posted by BuMrUsH

I got plenty faith. Lol

same here

Just imagine a quicker version of UT3 with no Flak or Shock and instead of a Sniper Rifle you have a badass Rail Gun. Oh ya and instead of the ****ty secondary link you have the Lightning Gun which is actually very effective, trust me you guys are gona love it ;)
Paw View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 4:02pm
yea well i only be able to enjoy it for a short amount of time :(
-Show me my Opponent-

ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Paw

yea well i only be able to enjoy it for a short amount of time :(

and why is that sleezzy?
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 6:01pm
I wont be able to play myself until winter..if the true release date is in August. :(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>