Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Watch and Discuss...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Watch and Discuss...
    Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:27am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbQBajYnEc

lets see all yalls opinions on this...
-Show me my Opponent-

Paw View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:29am
lunchy? anyone? cmon some athiest in here must have something to say 
-Show me my Opponent-

Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:26pm
It's really no different than cursing or yelling in a fit of anger or as a knee jerk reaction after sudden pain. The brain does not access the frontal lobes (controls cognition/language) in these cases, but instead tap into the areas of the brain that control emotion, specifically the basal ganglia and amygdala. These people are yammering on in gibberish that is a product of their sincere belief, and thus it is not a cognitive process. In no way does this prove any supernatural entities, it just proves people are stupid.
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 2:38am
my family believes n it there not stupid A S S H O LE
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:20am
christians >.>

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:36am
Originally posted by oXxLunacyxXo

yes, they are
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 5:46am
^^because? perhaps the label 'stupid' is too strong but ikwym Trendy. It seems pointless having God communicate to his followers in an entirely unique way cos no one understands what each other is saying...the whole point of language is to communicate right, so why doesnt he communicate in the same unique language to his speakers of tongues? Now that would be something wouldn't it? What seems to be happening here is that these worshipers are experiencing something spiritual that manifests itself into 'speech' like sounds. In pentecostal churches people are touched by the spirit and convulse, faint or just act erratically/emotively/excitedly. Imo both situations are re-creating previous recorded events in the Bible or Old Testament as proof that God exists and is always with us. I think its like hypnotism people have to be susceptible and I bet an hypnotist could get people to speak in tongues thru the power of suggestion lol. 
But u must understand that faith needs no rational/logical/scientific explanation, the belief in a supernatural being as creator means the conviction in the extra ordinary being totally reasonable even if it believers cannot explain it themselves. God works in mysterious ways etc. Belief is enough, it is possible because it is God's will right?
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 7:35am
I have my personal opinions about the topic but it's completely subjective because I don't have similar experiences or faith as christians may have. Nevertheless, if somebody feels satisfaction and gains happines doing that, I can't see no harm in it, infact it's great Smile

In religious topics we should try be quite gentle what comes in to judging if we don't have
first hand information Ying Yang
For example scientists can see clearly with their equipement that meditation has a huge effect to brain's neuro plasticity. But without d o i n g the meditation themselves, it's still as licking the honey jar from outside Tongue 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

^^because? perhaps the label 'stupid' is too strong but ikwym Trendy. It seems pointless having God communicate to his followers in an entirely unique way cos no one understands what each other is saying...the whole point of language is to communicate right, so why doesnt he communicate in the same unique language to his speakers of tongues? Now that would be something wouldn't it? What seems to be happening here is that these worshipers are experiencing something spiritual that manifests itself into 'speech' like sounds. In pentecostal churches people are touched by the spirit and convulse, faint or just act erratically/emotively/excitedly. Imo both situations are re-creating previous recorded events in the Bible or Old Testament as proof that God exists and is always with us. I think its like hypnotism people have to be susceptible and I bet an hypnotist could get people to speak in tongues thru the power of suggestion lol. 
But u must understand that faith needs no rational/logical/scientific explanation, the belief in a supernatural being as creator means the conviction in the extra ordinary being totally reasonable even if it believers cannot explain it themselves. God works in mysterious ways etc. Belief is enough, it is possible because it is God's will right?

Sorry, but the whole "god works in mysterious ways" and "you just have to have faith despite evidence" arguments hold absolutely no water. It's a cop out, people just use religion to explain things that they do not understand instead of taking the initiative of figuring it out. Just imagine how pathetic the world would be if we didn't have people that asked "why?" or "how?" We wouldn't have modern medicine, we would just have religious charlatans claiming they could heal you through the power of God (and mumbling in an incoherent manner without any effect).
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 11:31am
People will always disprove, or come up with a logical explaination to things they don't understand.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

People will always disprove, or come up with a logical explaination to things they don't understand.

Yeah it's called religion. Science works to find an answer for what it doesn't understand instead of just blindly believing something.
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:29pm
There are things that were painted on walls thousands of yrs back, of things that didnt exist yet..... Does that mean its fiction, i wonder how science will answer that!?
I know this was a little off topic but still...
Is our imagination endless? Could we fantazise of helicopters 5000 yrs ago? But didnt have the right technology yet, to build it!?
A higher state of "being" could be god, and observed world wide... But the observers has different set of imagination= several religions!!!
Example: How can one have a fantasy of thing that do NOT exist? In some part.... think about it!!!
Anu/Naki.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

Sorry, but the whole "god works in mysterious ways" and "you just have to have faith despite evidence" arguments hold absolutely no water. It's a cop out, people just use religion to explain things that they do not understand instead of taking the initiative of figuring it out. Just imagine how pathetic the world would be if we didn't have people that asked "why?" or "how?" We wouldn't have modern medicine, we would just have religious charlatans claiming they could heal you through the power of God (and mumbling in an incoherent manner without any effect).
I agree with your first suggestion that speaking in tongues is BS, I simply quoted what some worshippers would say in their defence. However it doesnt matter which path you take as neither science nor religion has conclusive truth. In fact science theory is revisited and rewritten every few decades
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 1:33am
bla bla bla bull sh1t bull sh1t bla bla bla, give me a break.
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 1:37am
this has nothing to do with "god" and just shows that people are freaks.  how bout the alter boys serving the need to expell demons. give me a break its all just bull sh1t and people eat it up and buy it.  no different than psychics and all that bull sh1t.  again bla bla bla babababull sh1t, i guess whatever sells the lord to people pays best right?????????????????????
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 1:42am
Originally posted by oXxLunacyxXo

mmmmm k and your REAL religious.... i guess you got me sold, smoke some more pot and go to worship, and dont give any cypress hill seed bairing plants and herbs to use speach.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:39am
Well Paw, you call me an Atheist is the traditional sense, but I don't believe in any God that modern religion has come up with.  Could there be a 'God' figure?  Maybe.  But I'm not going to waste my time worrying about it.   And if there is a God, it is nothing like what anyone has ever thought of! 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 10:29am
^^reason?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 10:30am

Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

I agree with your first suggestion that speaking in tongues is BS, I simply quoted what some worshippers would say in their defence. However it doesnt matter which path you take as neither science nor religion has conclusive truth. In fact science theory is revisited and rewritten every few decades

Can religious people please stop talking out of their asses? I have not heard one single compelling argument from one of you in this thread or the other thread. Not only are all of your (meaning everyone, not just you) posts unconvincing, but the large majority are riddled with inaccuracies and false assumptions (especially about science).

First off, what the hell are you even saying when you say "science theory is revisited and rewritten every few decades?" What exactly is scientific theory? There are hundreds of theories within the realm of science. Also, science is a constant process where scientists work to better understand the world around us. They don't just arbitrarily revisit theories just for the hell of it. If the theory works and is tested to work, then why would you go back and try to fix something that is already proven? For example, Newton's Laws of motion have no need to be revisited because they f***ing work and they certainly haven't changed since he initially published his theory in the 1600's.

Here's a tip: Think before you talk

Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 2:58pm
Can religious people please stop talking out of their asses? 
Well ur confusing the hell outta me too cos I was agreeing with ur take on this 'speaking' phenomenon being BS. Where I differ is i dont think you can conclusively dismiss the belief in a supernatural being as creator just because its not scientific, there are lots of things science has not proven or simply cannot provide a conclusive answer. 
What exactly is scientific theory? 
Theories are widely accepted explanations of observed situations but they are not fact so they are not LAW. Newton's theory became LAW it is no longer a theory. Einstein's theory of relativity is a theory, one that he himself changed because it was inaccurate. Evolution is a theory offered by Darwin to explain where we came from - origin of the species etc - it is not a LAW and still has holes. Unless u can explain where the missing link in our own human evolution from ape to man or where we disconnected from our not so close cousins the dinosaurs? If u say 'given time science will find an answer' is that not the same blind faith the religious people follow? 
Here's a tip: Think before you talk
Science cant say what was before the big bang or how these particles came into existence in 'space' because they cannot say what created space. Its the same as who created God? You choose one or the other. I choose to believe in intelligent design because for me chaos (the randomness of stars, planets, the elements and life itself) cannot be so deliberate and laws of nature cannot just exist - but thats my choice. U think the opposite. I respect ur position without the need for abuse. Maybe religion can teach a person many disciplines? Hey, and I hope ive clarified a few things too. 
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 3:33pm
lol pretty good HT ... i think science is very interesting but i don't see all scientists as brilliant. anyone can go into the field of science, but that don't mean there any smarter then the next guy. although there are some that do think on a higher level then most people. i just think brilliant is quite a word to describe someone. Trendy either way you choose to believe there's no need to be bitter. you have no enemy's here. it almost sounds like religion annoys you for some reason?

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 4:00pm
lol... you do know that after a theory is created literally an army of scientists try to disprove it, right? like thousands.. once they can't disprove something it gains like street credit and is accepted. oh and another thing, in order for god to love he would have to be human and he would have to be alive. all love is is endorphins <not sure how to spell it, im burning my ass up outside> being released in your brain which you eventually become addicted to which is why you feel sad when you break up or get broken up with or when a loved one dies. bam suckas
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 4:48pm
lol thousands try to disprove a theory? so if you can't disprove something that makes it a fact in your book?

i can't prove i married my wife. so we must not really be married right? yea i know that sounded sarcastic lol

since your a non believer i don't really expect you to bother to try to understand religion. but to say GOD is uncapable of love based on the way us humans love? come on you need to try to do better then that lol

im accualy encouraged by both sides of the discussion. whether you guys are religios or not atleast you know something about the subject.

which tells me that there's hope.

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 6:09pm

^^reason?
Confused!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 7:25pm
"And if there is a God, it is nothing like what anyone has ever thought of! " because?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>