| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Custom TDM Server Map Vote

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Choose 6 maps you would like to see in a Custom TDM server.
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [6.25%]
2 [4.17%]
2 [4.17%]
1 [2.08%]
11 [22.92%]
1 [2.08%]
2 [4.17%]
1 [2.08%]
5 [10.42%]
6 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.25%]
2 [4.17%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [18.75%]

Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Xerxes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom TDM Server Map Vote
    Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 12:47pm
(v)T/DM

We in tRi has decided that a custom server needs to start again, to hopefully spark new life into the current community as overly played maps like Reflection and Suspense start to get stale.  We have seen that people are definately becoming more interested in custom content and feel this would be a perfect time to try out the custom servers again.

There are a lot of quality custom maps floating around now, and we realise we have not got all the available maps that would be good for this event.  Feel free to make suggestions as to maps you'd like to see in the future.  At least once weekly, we hope everyone can get together for a pre-determined game-type and play some good competitive matches on custom maps, this can continue after the Titan Pack as well, which will also make it easier for us to do this.

We plan to use all game types for this, each with its own map list, complete with links.  Assuming the expansion information is true, soon we will be able to host all the custom maps as gametype can also be voted on in-between maps.

Anyway, this is a selection of DM maps that we feel would make for good, fun and competitve games.  This list is by no means comprehensive, so feel free to make suggestions as to maps you would like to see (Could you PM me so that this thread stays as a discussion about the maps listed and the server, they can then be included the next time.)  Links to the owners thread have been provided where possible, otherwise it will be UT3mod or a direct link.  The list is in alphabetical order with map packs at the end.

Map List:

I have ommitted duel maps from this list as they don't really fit into to the category we're looking for, being to have 10-16 people in a room playing these maps.  That includes all the duel maps that were suggested.

Once maps for the server have been decided a day and time for the server will be agreed upon and can be used each week for that weeks gametype.  Feel free to suggest a time and day that you think would be suitable for this.  Our long-term aim is for custom maps to just be played at any time  with everyone having the maps to be able to join and not have to preplan the servers.  It will definately ensure a longer lasting community if successful.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:20am
Well, while trying to vote, I noticed that you can only vote once.  Anyways, I voted Necris Island, but I'm also liking Grand Diablo, despite not actually playing a match on it. (I previewed it on a Deathmatch, without bots or people.)  As for the others, I don't think I have any of them, so i think I'll download them soon.

Nvm.. it seems I an vote again.. and I voted for Grand Diablo.

Btw.. I'm reposting this to add something (though I probably just could of bumped it) without double posting..

Earlier, I was on for a bit and I was hosting a DM server (as my other name (RTO_SJ-17)) with the few custom DM maps that I got. (I think have more CTF, VCTF, and Bombing Run maps.)  Since seeing these threads and thinking about it some, I decided to do what I did and I plan on doing it again tonight.  I think I'll be hosting either a duel, DM, or both.  The maps that I have are Necris Island, Oddessey (or whatever that Space Sation map's name is), Grand Diablo, Tiberium SE (I think), and I think there's another one.  I'm going to try and get more DM/ Duel maps, but for the time being, those are the ones that I got.  If you get the time and don't have the maps mentioned or that you see on my list, follow the Campgrounds2k8 link to UT3mod.  So far, all my maps came from there.

Anyways, thanks for the idea and I think I'll get into hosting a bit more, for once.  Oh, and be on the look out for a Bombing Run server. (I've been playing that a bit to.)  I'll try to get more maps when I get the time, but for now, I'm going to occasionally host DM/ Duel matches with a few custom maps in the line-up, so if you don't got them, find the time to get them and go get them.  I'll try and occasionally help out with this idea as much as I can.  Go UT3 (custom) community!
Xerxes View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Xerxes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 3:10pm
That sounds good, I was hosting Lava Giant just yesterday with the message in the server browser being "DL Lava Giant!" It actually generated a lot of interest, with people who I don't know even asking me where they can get the custom maps, I directed them here. So just by hosting it seems we can gain interest and popularity with custom maps, at least for as long as the Midways are down.

I wasn't really a fan of Oddessy, and for Tiberium SE, we had considered it for the list, but there's some big framerate issues on it. Some of the maps on this list like Steam Temple or Downpour are truly epic maps, you should definately try them.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 9:20pm
Well, I'm working on getting the other maps.  Though, I'm a bit confused with the last three..  Ehh.. I think I got enough I'm adding soon as is.. (I went through the UT3mod list btw..)  Speaking of the description/ message, I think I'm going to add links to ut3mod and this site in my message and add "for most of the custom maps listed, go here" and "for a pretty awesome and still getting better ut3/ gamer community, go here" respectively.  In the event this does work a bit, we'll hopefully be seeing more custom servers and maybe more people here.

I just got to find the time to add my new DM maps.  Oh, and I got most of ut3mod's CTF maps. (I deleted one or two.. after not liking the setup..  Hey!  I only got a lame-duck 40GB PS3 here..)
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 10:28pm
Speaking of custom maps, I got plenty of them. I'll list them ABC order:

All Deathmatch/ Team Deathmatch/Duel

Abandoned
Bitterend
Campgrounds2k8
Daikyu
Deepcut
Devils_Playground
FragPipe_2k8
Garden of Dreams
Harbor
Lost Island
Morbias (Obvious)
Necore
Necris Island
Parallel
Perfect Temple
Reloaded (Bigger version of Rising Sun)
Revelation
Sharlow Street
Shipment_UT
Starkstrom
SUTHERCOUNTRY v1
SUTHERQ3 v1
Tempest X Beta V4
Under 2
Wasteland

So far, I managed to play Reloaded with someone online. I was so happy!
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

Speaking of custom maps, I got plenty of them. I'll list them ABC order:

All Deathmatch/ Team Deathmatch/Duel

Abandoned
Bitterend
Campgrounds2k8 - Getting
Daikyu
Deepcut
Devils_Playground
FragPipe_2k8 - Getting
Garden of Dreams - Getting
Harbor - Getting
Lost Island
Morbias (Obvious) - ?
Necore
Necris Island - Have
Parallel
Perfect Temple
Reloaded (Bigger version of Rising Sun) - Getting (on the flash drive.. if that's what you're wondering what "getting" means)
Revelation
Sharlow Street
Shipment_UT
Starkstrom
SUTHERCOUNTRY v1 - Had (didn't like it and since I have a 40GB PS3, I dropped it..)
SUTHERQ3 v1
Tempest X Beta V4
Under 2
Wasteland

So far, I managed to play Reloaded with someone online. I was so happy!
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 12:26am
Gotta give it up to my favorite user-made map: Perfect Temple.

I also voted for Necris Island (amazing fun with low gravity & good people), Krodan & Waterfalls.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 5:50am
Xerxes, with us and Colossus alone we'd have 3 people to do a custom duel server with, and I know there's others as well with those maps (like blackstar). Why don't you make a topic for that now? Should be real easy to get enough players for that.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 10:54pm
After playing the maps, and seeing I can't select several maps at once? I'll just post my choice

Conveyor
Gutter
Harbour
Steam Temple
Not sure how Grand-Diablo is gameplay wise, but it looks awesome so I'll vote it.
CBP-Solar
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 1:22am
DM-Under is pretty good for 2v2 and 3v3.
http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/04/deathmatch-map-under2.html
 Post Reply Post Reply