FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Religion and Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion and Politics
    Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

im not sure about that Phantaci? yes its true that once you die its too late, but i don't know if you can wait until your life is about over and then say you believe and recieve salvation?

@Death, Christian's are to spread the word! so as a Christian im supposed to speak of Jesus, but its there choice weather or not to believe.

Droken your an intelligent person, have you tried speaking to GOD? if you don't mind me asking?
thing is people worship other religions all over the world as well, and whos to say there wrong when its the religion they've practiced since b.c.? thats what i ment in my first post, christians ten to have a holyer than thou attitude bout things a feel that there the only one who is right an all are damned who do not believe.... on that note go back to my original post cause thats where i was going with that. people try to force feed there opinions on people and people need to find there own path, not just be born and raised into something and think thats the way it is cause thats all they've known there whole life <----------- example the little afgan kids an others a like that are born an raised to hate americans and or like the holy wars fought over there over the land.  religion is blinding to alot of people (the most actually) but read this for what it really means just saying people i dont judge people for there beliefs nor do i force any of mine to anyone.
yea I agree religion that some ppl promote often fk things up but if u take religion away then we would still fight. Its human nature, ur view is a little too skewed imo - we compete even to the death, God or no God! Simply put many ppl are willing to die for their beliefs. The Afghans are a complex ppl, its just as much political as it is religious. They don't want to be ruled by democracy AND they don't want to be ruled by communism.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:37pm
Its your own choice weather or not to believe, but how much time do you have to make that choice? if youve already made the choice not to believe? then live with it, and see what happens in the end?

like ive said before, asking someone to believe isn't asking a lot! and i can see no negative in believing! then whats the harm in being a believer?

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:38pm
hold on everbody!!! this will be a bumpy ride!!! We're moving this to FOF..... it should be in the IOTD thread because you are all idiots for responding in this thread, you guys sure love "beating a dead horse"
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:40pm
So what happens when your wife dies then you remarry, then you both die? Do you have 2 wives in heaven? Isn't that polygamy? What's that smell? Am I asking to many questions?

And there are too many unanswered questions, so why put your faith in any of it?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:45pm
why give examples of situations around the world? its meaningless where *weather or not to believe* is concerned!

i'll have my friend VIDEOGAMEPRINCE post, it will give him a good forum to express his views on Christianaty
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:47pm
Each one of us is free to believe in everything we think is best for us.
Trying to convince a believer that God doesn't exists is just as hard as convincing a non-believer that He exists

So, no need to argue on this subject
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 2:52pm
i agree Val!
Fatal1st View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA

Rican's Ho

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fatal1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:21pm

GOD is real! Non believers need to realise this before its to late!

lol, drove past a church today, i still say a church steeple with a lightening rod on top shows lack of confidence.
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:35pm

like ive said before, asking someone to believe isn't asking a lot! and i can see no negative in believing! then whats the harm in being a believer?

Isn't it about your very principles and beliefs? That define you as a person

btw the way there's been so many different religions its easy for me to agree with what Lunchy said in some other thread that if there's a higher being it'd be something a human can't think of
but like I said, that's assuming there even is anything in the first place
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Iuckshot

Isn't it about your very principles and beliefs? That define you as a person
yes at the core of it but if your belief centres around the concept that nothing is worth believing in 'cept that which u declare is tangible then what does that say about you? I aint digging at Lunchy or anyone for that matter its just that I simply find the idea of hope and purpose more attractive to no hope and chaos! 
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

hold on everbody!!! this will be a bumpy ride!!! We're moving this to FOF..... it should be in the IOTD thread because you are all idiots for responding in this thread, you guys sure love "beating a dead horse"

what is death? Pity this wasn't in the reincarnation thread...and yea i'm an horses ass!
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:52pm
what i was saying in my other post was that there are people in this world who "will" never know your religion or anything about it.  i dont believe for a second that they are condemed for it ether.  we all have our own gods and demons, i cant believe that any true religions god is so far of from the next and that "heaven" that they all speak of is the same thing seen through other eyes.  back to what i said you have some little kid half way across the world who never knows "your" god/religion only what he was tought his whole life, thats all he knows does it make him wrong or doomed?? no fn way.  can you guess my religion?????
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

Quote:
i think some people may worry that once they reach GOD they haft to live a certain way? there are radical religious people who believe that! but i don't! if that were the case then freedom of chioce wouldn't really exist in religion because we'd haft to follow everything to the letter. and were only human so im pretty sure thats not the case.

Is there more to you then what you can see in the mirror? do you have a spirit? is your body the temple for your spirit? after you die will your spirit live on? is your spirit eternal?

YES to all the above is my answer! whats yours?   

In short! Do you mean jesus, holy ghost, god as in one... Is this "god" for you zizle?
If yes, that means you read the bible texts.
Im not saying ur wrong, but the bible consists of hundreds if not thousands of copied scrifts that already exist in other beliefs system.. They are also older then Christianity.
So regardless in where one seek "god", one will find him!?
This is for me really confusing and almost a fata morgana. How do you know who/witch "god" one will find?
On the "spirit" issue, i absolutely agree with you, something is beyond our lives in flesh..
Oxy Moron.

Yes Shaker you are correct - some of the stories in the old and new testament have been recorded in earlier religious/cultural text. Maybe they are a depiction of the same event which gives more credence to its occurrence . As ive said b4 I think a loy of what is written/said about religious worship and practice comes from people with designs on power over others. They use the scriptures to legitimise their actions but its up to you to interpret for yourselves and decide for yourselves!
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:59pm
Random thought I just had reading that last post..
If I write a story and one person tells it to another towards the East, the other takes it towards the West, what are the odds you'll have the same story through translations and generations? You'll pretty much have the same basics tho, hopefully

cant believe how long it took me to realise that :o
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

what i was saying in my other post was that there are people in this world who "will" never know your religion or anything about it.  i dont believe for a second that they are condemed for it ether.  we all have our own gods and demons, i cant believe that any true religions god is so far of from the next and that "heaven" that they all speak of is the same thing seen through other eyes.  back to what i said you have some little kid half way across the world who never knows "your" god/religion only what he was tought his whole life, thats all he knows does it make him wrong or doomed?? no fn way.  can you guess my religion?????
Obedience without question! Some faiths refute any other way of life but their own. I can see that in accepting some of what other faiths say as the truth is rejecting your own faith. Faiths such as Christianity and Islam are in direct opposition. But to answer the question - I would hope that a true and just God would recognise that a child is innocently following the direction of his mentors/peers and be able to show mercy. But any God would not ask u to kill another human being in his name thats mans doing for his own corrupt purposes. If u believe in such a God then u r not religious you're sadly mistaken!
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:15pm

If I write a story and one person tells it to another towards the East, the other takes it towards the West, what are the odds you'll have the same story through translations and generations? You'll pretty much have the same basics tho, hopefully
Agreed. Shaker mentioned the story of Gilgamesh in a thread not long ago. It is ancient Babylonian text of a man who survives a flood that wipes out every living thing around him in a nutshell. Sounds familiar but Noah's tale is some 3'000 years later if I recall. Scientific findings also confirms a great flood happened around the time in Turkey? too! It would have wiped out what to most people would have been the known world at the time. Then we have Halleys comet and the slaying of the 1st born in the Holy land - both are known to have occurred.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:40pm
nothing in the history of the human race will prove GOD exists to a non believer! right? then why even mention anything except GOD when speaking about wether or not GOD exists? the only way you will ever recieve proof that GOD exists is if GOD chooses to show you he exists!

why would GOD choose to prove that he exists to any individual? its said that GOD has spoken to certain individuals through out history? why them and not you? are they greater then everyone else in GOD's eyes? or have they been able to reach GOD where everyone else has failed?

do you answer your phone every single time it rings? is there some people you just don't want to talk to? are you ever just to buissy to talk? has your phone ever been dis connected? HM?

try'n to reach GOD is the most important thing in life imo keep'n in touch with GOD is second!

F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:44pm
To put it this way: The "blackdeath" was a big issue, and a tragedy...
If I ask a fellow Norwegian what he think about how many % of the poeople on earth died of that! He will answer fast some 40% maybe...
Infact its more like 2-3%
My aim here is: There could easily been local tectonic plate movements! These would explain why the people living in that area think this occurs all around the world.. specialy in old ages..BUT This would be seen in later years, so rule out that. Whats left? ONE flood, and the oldest script seems to be the original one! Not an 200 younger one!
And I would love to have a good chat with u in real life Heavenly, you got a good head bro.
Have you read anythink from Manly P Hall. Try it!
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:51pm
really? why did this thread get moved to fists of fury? could someone move it back to general chat pls?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:52pm
Zizle wrote:
nothing in the history of the human race will prove GOD exists to a non believer! right? then why even mention anything except GOD when speaking about wether or not GOD exists? the only way you will ever recieve proof that GOD exists is if GOD chooses to show you he exists!

Answer: BS. A "GOD" must exist... But not in the tradisional sense. I mean, they are our creators, yes.
That is a fact. Otherwise some monkey would develop speech etc. Number two. The last but most important is DNA and its  cromosome code.
Jachin and Boaz explain this if one actualy do bother to read it..
ITS HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:54pm

really? why did this thread get moved to fists of fury? could someone move it back to general chat pls?
Agreed, players/persons who try to ruin it! Delete them instead!... Seriously.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Agreed. Shaker mentioned the story of Gilgamesh in a thread not long ago. It is ancient Babylonian text of a man who survives a flood that wipes out every living thing around him in a nutshell. Sounds familiar but Noah's tale is some 3'000 years later if I recall. Scientific findings also confirms a great flood happened around the time in Turkey? too! It would have wiped out what to most people would have been the known world at the time. Then we have Halleys comet and the slaying of the 1st born in the Holy land - both are known to have occurred.
but didnt Moses write Genesis and not Noah?
and thus why it appears late?
im asking not stating
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 4:55pm

why would GOD choose to prove that he exists to any individual? its said that GOD has spoken to certain individuals through out history? why them and not you? are they greater then everyone else in GOD's eyes? or have they been able to reach GOD where everyone else has failed?

Lol even if God did talk to someone the guy'd just end up in the asylum
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 5:06pm
Shaker for one your bitterness shows! and logic will never answer these 2 questions! *does GOD exist* and *what is GOD*

logic should make any intelligent person want to find out though!

its simple! try to reach GOD! you have a mouth so why not use it for something very important to you?

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

Agreed, players/persons who try to ruin it! Delete them instead!... Seriously.

ruin what? delete who?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>