Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Religion and Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion and Politics
    Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

Shaker for one your bitterness shows! and logic will never answer these 2 questions! *does GOD exist* and *what is GOD*

logic should make any intelligent person want to find out though!

its simple! try to reach GOD! you have a mouth so why not use it for something very important to you?

reaching God is not important at all to someone who doesn't believe

And people find their own answers as to their faith, from what I know german filosopher Nietzsche was regarded pretty intelligent, and he was no Christian

One of the things he said was
'A casual stroll through the asylum shows faith means nothing'
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 5:35pm
the christian guys on the site gotta remember our* words/arguements dont get people saved
actions do
(* now if you are being led to say something then thats different...)
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 6:36pm
arguements? what arguements? i'll leave the argue'n to other people! i'll just state my own views and thats it.

@Droken, reaching GOD is even more important to non believers. wether they realise it or not.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

So what happens when your wife dies then you remarry, then you both die? Do you have 2 wives in heaven? Isn't that polygamy? What's that smell? Am I asking to many questions?

And there are too many unanswered questions, so why put your faith in any of it?
lol  Jesus was already asked that question, its in one of the Gospels you can look it up if you really care.
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

what i was saying in my other post was that there are people in this world who "will" never know your religion or anything about it.  i dont believe for a second that they are condemed for it ether.  we all have our own gods and demons, i cant believe that any true religions god is so far of from the next and that "heaven" that they all speak of is the same thing seen through other eyes.  back to what i said you have some little kid half way across the world who never knows "your" god/religion only what he was tought his whole life, thats all he knows does it make him wrong or doomed?? no fn way.  can you guess my religion?????
Obedience without question! Some faiths refute any other way of life but their own. I can see that in accepting some of what other faiths say as the truth is rejecting your own faith. Faiths such as Christianity and Islam are in direct opposition. But to answer the question - I would hope that a true and just God would recognise that a child is innocently following the direction of his mentors/peers and be able to show mercy. But any God would not ask u to kill another human being in his name thats mans doing for his own corrupt purposes.

wow---> If u believe in such a God then u r not religious you're sadly mistaken!
you obviously didnt get what i was saying, and didnt guess my religion there ether
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Blackfang

So what happens when your wife dies then you remarry, then you both die? Do you have 2 wives in heaven? Isn't that polygamy? What's that smell? Am I asking to many questions?

And there are too many unanswered questions, so why put your faith in any of it?
lol  Jesus was already asked that question, its in one of the Gospels you can look it up if you really care.

lol i actually heard that, i was wondering if any christian here would have read the bible good enough to remember
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 7:24pm

Originally posted by Iuckshot

Random thought I just had reading that last post..
If I write a story and one person tells it to another towards the East, the other takes it towards the West, what are the odds you'll have the same story through translations and generations? You'll pretty much have the same basics tho, hopefully
Agreed. Shaker mentioned the story of Gilgamesh in a thread not long ago. It is ancient Babylonian text of a man who survives a flood that wipes out every living thing around him in a nutshell. Sounds familiar but Noah's tale is some 3'000 years later if I recall. Scientific findings also confirms a great flood happened around the time in Turkey? too! It would have wiped out what to most people would have been the known world at the time. Then we have Halleys comet and the slaying of the 1st born in the Holy land - both are known to have occurred.
but didnt Moses write Genesis and not Noah?
and thus why it appears late?
im asking not stating
Well the obvious question is "if God intended all this why didn't we hear of it sooner as in when it actually happened?" And why did "Noah" have 2 identities? And why are the events so different? (no animals being rescued in the Babylonian version). Its questions or throws doubts to the legitimacy of the OT records. Actually idk who wrote the books in the OT im not sure if they have authors and i think they were written in different languages too b4 translated into latin (hence the disagreement in the actually words and their meaning). But Noah features prominently in the book as the law giver, the one chosen to lead the ppl to the chosen land called Israel, the one who receives God's laws and vents his anger at their misdeeds. I would need to read these passages proly tho! He's a messenger and leader.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

To put it this way: The "blackdeath" was a big issue, and a tragedy...
If I ask a fellow Norwegian what he think about how many % of the poeople on earth died of that! He will answer fast some 40% maybe...
Infact its more like 2-3%
My aim here is: There could easily been local tectonic plate movements! These would explain why the people living in that area think this occurs all around the world.. specialy in old ages..BUT This would be seen in later years, so rule out that. Whats left? ONE flood, and the oldest script seems to be the original one! Not an 200 younger one!
And I would love to have a good chat with u in real life Heavenly, you got a good head bro.
Have you read anythink from Manly P Hall. Try it!
and u have too Shaker man,. Hey one day eh, one day!
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 8:07pm

Apparently, there's nothing wrong with polygamy, at least in the old testament.  I've been reading the "good" book recently, in order to understand it and such.  King David had at least two wives (one of which was widowed).  He already two by the end of Samuel 1. (That's not counting the one his father-in-law, Saul, married off to another guy after he fled Saul, who was trying to kill David because he was jealous of him and the fact David was chosen to be king now/)
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:35pm
lol Moses received the Law -_-
Noah cursed Ham
& Polygamy isnt in the NT
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by RipDaJacker

Syzygy, your grammar is horrible. You're probably old enough to be everyone's grandfather on this site, yet you're still in here making pointless topics and tons of spelling errors. Learn to use the spell check feature or take your old a ss back to school. Never too late for that....

first off, why are you hiding under an alt? 2nd my age and gramer are your buisness why? 3rd your lame trolling is ameture at best!   
LunarEffect13 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote LunarEffect13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 2:07am
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Them he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
        ~Epicurus~
Trust in me and fall as well
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 5:14am
well, the ignorant and the intolerant will be rearing their heads in Florida this Saturday....its sad, frustrating, and angering....
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:12am
sad, flusterating and angering ay? who are these ignorant and intolerant people rearing their heads Saturday? far left progressives?

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:23am
are demacrats about to lose the house and senate? will Obama be able to work with Rupublicans if that happens?

F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:01am

Shaker for one your bitterness shows! and logic will never answer these 2 questions! *does GOD exist* and *what is GOD*

logic should make any intelligent person want to find out though!

its simple! try to reach GOD! you have a mouth so why not use it for something very important to you?

How on earth does that show?
I actually is overwhelmed over how ignorant you are saying that!
What im saying is: Even a Christian do not know what God are... Too simply close my eyes and believe in god, the christian way, is wrong for me.. BUT: I know there is a god, and he/she/it were our creators.
So my faith is lying in a higher beeing, or a state of mind, meaning my soul belong to this god.
SO my search is never stopping for this god, even if i dont like the outcome...
And for the last time inteligence has nothing to do with god or a belief system. Ecept: When suggesion are involved!
 EDIT: Logic will show itself in that exact time our god reapears in our material world.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:31am

sad, flusterating and angering ay? who are these ignorant and intolerant people rearing their heads Saturday? far left progressives?

i was refering to this: Church Plans Q'uran Burning Event

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:28am
Originally posted by TX2k7

LOL
wow thats stupid

and i know thats probably a bad reaction, but i just find the stupidity behind it funny i guess
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:41am

No thanks, just a random question that no matter the outcome will always never set well with me!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 12:58pm

lol Moses received the Law -_-
Noah cursed Ham
& Polygamy isnt in the NT
hey thats not fair it was after midnight when i typed that..and i was in corruption. lol. Anyway I said both meaning Moses gave God's law to his ppl but yes he received the 10 commandments - the tenets of christian law - from God and grew old in his presence if i recall correctly.
Noah cursed Ham? Did i say this idk but yea the curse was on Ham's descendants (which ain't the negro race despite what some "so-called" christians suggest) but it was his direct vexation with Ham why he did it. Who said this btw? if it was me then i stand corrected.
Polygamy - in the OT yes but so was inc3st, be4stiality and s0domy. I guess the gene pool was small then but God punished them for their immoral sins! 
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 1:22pm

Nope, I'm pretty sure these people are righties.  I had a feeling TX was talking about these people.  They seem to be/ have been one of Westboro's allies, so this doesn't surprise me.  If people want to exclude WBC from the Christian banner, then it's best to exclude these people to.  We should be the bigger men (and women) about this, not resort to burning their religious text.

As for the politics, yes.. the Dems are going down this November and probably in 2012, but just watch what happens in 2014, given the world's still going by then.  Given nothing happens in 2012, I see the Dems taking the Congress back in 2014, after the GOP doesn't do a good enough job. (I'm hoping it's not little or nothing though.  I honestly don't care who fixes/ starts to fix our problems, as long as they're fixing stuff.  I don't wish either party failure, though I'd love to see one of the main parties go out like that Whigs did in mid 1800's, so an Independent party could rise to power.)

Hell, it doesn't even have to be that.  I'd be okay if an Independent party/ independents in general seize 10 - 15% (if not more) of either the house or senate.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

Shaker for one your bitterness shows! and logic will never answer these 2 questions! *does GOD exist* and *what is GOD*logic should make any intelligent person want to find out though! its simple! try to reach GOD! you have a mouth so why not use it for something very important to you?
How on earth does that show?
I actually is overwhelmed over how ignorant you are saying that!
What im saying is: Even a Christian do not know what God are... Too simply close my eyes and believe in god, the christian way, is wrong for me.. BUT: I know there is a god, and he/she/it were our creators.
So my faith is lying in a higher beeing, or a state of mind, meaning my soul belong to this god.
SO my search is never stopping for this god, even if i dont like the outcome...
And for the last time inteligence has nothing to do with god or a belief system. Ecept: When suggesion are involved!
 EDIT: Logic will show itself in that exact time our god reapears in our material world.

your overwhelmed over how ignorant? thats because your so amazingly intelligent that you just get so overwhelmed over ignorant, that you just haft to post how overwhelmed over ignorant you are.

your posts are always so amazingly overwhelming over how you post so many amazingly overwhelming over and over and over again.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 4:14pm

what i was saying in my other post was that there are people in this world who "will" never know your religion or anything about it.  i dont believe for a second that they are condemed for it ether.  we all have our own gods and demons, i cant believe that any true religions god is so far of from the next and that "heaven" that they all speak of is the same thing seen through other eyes.  back to what i said you have some little kid half way across the world who never knows "your" god/religion only what he was tought his whole life, thats all he knows does it make him wrong or doomed?? no fn way.  can you guess my religion?????
Obedience without question! Some faiths refute any other way of life but their own. I can see that in accepting some of what other faiths say as the truth is rejecting your own faith. Faiths such as Christianity and Islam are in direct opposition. But to answer the question - I would hope that a true and just God would recognise that a child is innocently following the direction of his mentors/peers and be able to show mercy. But any God would not ask u to kill another human being in his name thats mans doing for his own corrupt purposes.

wow---> If u believe in such a God then u r not religious you're sadly mistaken!
you obviously didnt get what i was saying, and didnt guess my religion there ether
Bhuddist?
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

although i strongly disagree with Christians destroying any religions holy books, its still miniscual compared to what the more radical muslims do and or want to do to Christians and Christianity!

i haft to agree with Deadaim on one point he made. you do seem to only mention negative things that some Christians do?

hell i hope they save me a Q'ran so i can read it, and see where there religion went so wrong? xD
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:29pm
well sizzle they have a different account of the story in eden so we differ at the very beginning. and of course Jesus wasnt the son of God in their eyes.

anyhow yeah some radicals do more than target a religion they target nations -_-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>