FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Religion and Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738>
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion and Politics
    Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:25am
Originally posted by HanFei

Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

Bush was almost as bad as Obama when it comes to spending.Thats not accurate.. Cutting taxes is a tax cut! The budget is the total that will be spent each year! A surplus or deficit is the result of spending! There's plenty of tax money! There's just too much spending! How many democrats also voted for the wars? Our economy grew last quarter? < Thats BULLSH1T!!! :) Mild inflation discourages hoarding? sounds like something the left would believe. lol
After the 09 depression, we've experienced positive growth, despite the rhetoric of pundants and candidates. http://www.bea.gov/national/xls/gdplev.xls Deflation encourages hoarding because hoarding cash will increase value in time. With slight inflation, there is incentive to convert cash into assists with growth instead of loss. Kahn Accademy for lectures. http://www.khanacademy.org/

rhetoric? lmfao The far *LEFT PROGRESSIVES* = rhetoric, plot'n, sceaming, lie'n, corrupting, attacking. Their a bunch of anti American pissants that wish they were 800 pound gorilla's :) Khan Accademy must be huge Jimmy Carter fans. Jimmy Carter was *The King of Inflation*.

@TX Dam the Ghost Busters had it right all along

Pie Charts are very simple to use, but there worthless if the info on them is inaccurate! Funny thing is that no one can even give an exact amount on how much the bailout out cost us? how much the stimulous cost us? Where all the money went?

What exactly is the Obama administration's plan on decreasing spending, balancing the budget, improving the economy, lowering the debt? He has already made a lot of money disapear so maybe he'd make a better magician then president?
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:33am
Here is a list of recovery fund recipients:
http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/TextViewProjSummary.aspx?data=recipientAwardsList&RenderData=ALL&AwardType=G

Kahn is a former investment banker turned modern teacher. His nonprofit is changing educational paradigms.

Neither party wants to balance the budget b/c it is not politically desirable. While less taxes and balanced budgets test will in focus groups, when asked specifically which programs to cut, people want to keep the vast majority. This is why we always hear abstractions and talks of budgets not the loss of jobs and services such cuts cause.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 2:04pm
The known recovery fund recipients maybe? What about the unknown recipients?

A Youtube education is the way to go.. skip all the college drama and save 300,000 :)

Putting all your eggs in one basket is never a good idea. Even when it comes to listening and believing a certain party or an individual. Agenda's and elections tend to be put over all else with politicians from either party.

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 3:59am
What do you guys think of the notion of Europe becoming a predominately Islamic continent in the next few decades.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 5:29am
Originally posted by ax412

What do you guys think of the notion of Europe becoming a predominately Islamic continent in the next few decades.
Lolwut?
Why did that pop into your head?

It dont think that will happen. Too many differences in habits, believes and lifestyle.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

Lolwut?

It dont think that will happen. Too many differences in habits, believes and lifestyle.

Boy, you don't live in Germany, you wouldn't know.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:21am
THIS IS MY OPINION AND I'M SAYING IT IN THE MOST POLITE WAY POSSIBLE:

I believe there was a man called Jesus or something along those lines and he preached about a one God and blah blah blah and he got some followers that completely believed him and it just stuck through out the ages. Its like if I said to you right now "I am a God and I can grant you eternal life", and everyone believed me 100% and 1000's of years after I died people would still say there was a God called Edward that existed and he could grant eternal life.

My point is that all the resurrection, turning water into wine, feeding 1000 people with 1 loaf of bread is all a great STORY but its nothing more. The bible is great book for learning life lessons and I believe that's why it was created and the best thing about religion is that it gives people faith and alot of people the will to live and be the best they can be but as for GOD being real well I think that's all BS.

people that are religious good for them I don't blame them for having faith in something even if it is a made up story but I truly believe that not of it is true but hey it doesn't matter what I think at all like I said I respect people who are religious so no skin of my teeth.

btw I got an A* in R.E at school in my GCSE's :)
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

THIS IS MY OPINION AND I'M SAYING IT IN THE MOST POLITE WAY POSSIBLE:

I believe there was a man called Jesus or something along those lines and he preached about a one God and blah blah blah and he got some followers that completely believed him and it just stuck through out the ages. Its like if I said to you right now "I am a God and I can grant you eternal life", and everyone believed me 100% and 1000's of years after I died people would still say there was a God called Edward that existed and he could grant eternal life.

My point is that all the resurrection, turning water into wine, feeding 1000 people with 1 loaf of bread is all a great STORY but its nothing more. The bible is great book for learning life lessons and I believe that's why it was created and the best thing about religion is that it gives people faith and alot of people the will to live and be the best they can be but as for GOD being real well I think that's all BS.

people that are religious good for them I don't blame them for having faith in something even if it is a made up story but I truly believe that not of it is true but hey it doesn't matter what I think at all like I said I respect people who are religious so no skin of my teeth.

btw I got an A* in R.E at school in my GCSE's :)
haha you said that before but I want my other question answered.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 11:05am

Lolwut?

It's happening now lol.
If it continues to happen they can just elect themselves into office. And if the statistic of !% of all Muslims being radical keeps up you better watch out.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:23pm
Did you guys hear about that Saudi Arabian guy who tweeted about Muhammad and had to flee the country? Apparently his tweet was "blasphemous" and he could possibly be put to death because of it. Wow who would want people like that to be the majority? People would be dying left and right
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 6:42pm
@ Collosus you're half wrong

the preachments of christianity and judaism and islam are immoral.
I dont see much morality in any of the religions in their foundational texts at all.

CS Lewis one of the most famous christian apologists himself said
That if christ was NOT the son of god then his teachings are "MAD and EVIL"

you are right that there was probably some mad rabbi in the greater jerusalem are who had a following of illiterate and stupid peasants. but the supernatural aspects of the story were all made up years after his death to fabricate a religion.

All of these CULTS are equal and equivalent glimpses of the same untrue.

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Did you guys hear about that Saudi Arabian guy who tweeted about Muhammad and had to flee the country? Apparently his tweet was "blasphemous" and he could possibly be put to death because of it. Wow who would want people like that to be the majority? People would be dying left and right

It''ll start happening in Europe first in our lifetime lol.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 7:26pm

It''ll start happening in Europe first in our lifetime lol.

I'd be more worried at home where religious fascists already have their claws into a political party.

Muslims in Europe represent about 10-15% of the population, so its pretty much a red herring.

EDIT: actually I'm wrong it's way lower.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Europe.

The problem isn't the muslims its the spineless  European Left that capitulates to their demands.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 7:55pm

Lolwut?

It's happening now lol.
If it continues to happen they can just elect themselves into office. And if the statistic of !% of all Muslims being radical keeps up you better watch out.

Thats no argument to strengthen your thought imo :P

Like I said, too many believes and differences.
The only way it could happen if the Muslims would reach a higher number then 50% population in a foreign land. Then all people fitting in that lifestyle could vote on their political party.
An almost impossible thought, but to keep reality clear.

But it wont happen Phantaci. Too many countries are already even strand about letting foreigners into their country. In Holland these standards are even less higher. The requirements are to learn the basis of the dutch language and an intergration test. And even if Holland would come "infested" with them, it will not happen. Their way of living and religious acts are completly different then ours. People would not just accept to give up their own habits and lifestyle just because a vast majority of foreigners grows bigger. 

But you never know, so interesting thought anyway ;)
Even one man almost did it..... Hitler succeeded to get so many....... only with violence and murder......... So perhaps if Muslims start taking on a voice we might be warned that stuff might end up bad :P

EDIT: see Tuna's post. If that already happens when a tweet is noted as "Blasphemous"
Imagine........
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 8:48pm
You guys don't understand. It's like how people joke latinos are taking back california.

Compare the Muslim birthrate in europe to non muslims

Compare the latino birthrate in california to non latinos & you will see my point.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:22pm
CS, you have to remember that religion has been apart of our species for 10s of thousands of years and has been built up to what it is today. I suggest you check out the documentary Cave of Forgotten Dreams on Netflix. It's about a cave in France that has the oldest known cave drawings and has been untouched for thousands and thousands of years. It gives you a glimpse of primitive religion And it's amazing. Check it out
- Best Coast

Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:23pm
Even if Muslims double in population which would take 5-10 years assuming a strong birth rate and stagnant indigenous population they still would be less than 10%.

Add immigration and it would probably just barley approach 10%

Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:27pm

CS, you have to remember that religion has been apart of our species for 10s of thousands of years and has been built up to what it is today. I suggest you check out the documentary Cave of Forgotten Dreams on Netflix. It's about a cave in France that has the oldest known cave drawings and has been untouched for thousands and thousands of years. It gives you a glimpse of primitive religion And it's amazing. Check it out

that's a great movie. Its amazing how sophisticated the drawings were. Some had aspects of animation with the use of light and shadow.
Especially compared to some later cave work that looks stick figure-ish  by comparison, the work is truly awe inspiring

Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 7:27am
The racial, political and religious divides, each with their own extremes, is heartbreaking.  The downward spiral of civility and total lack tolerance for our fellow man is the greatest problem facing humanity IMO.  My belief is that this is a crisis far greater than climate change.

The day that we stop taking note of our differences is the same day those differences no longer matter.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:03am
^^agreed but that day will never arrive! United by our common interests and divided by our differences man has always collaborated and competed with equal zest.
@fluff - there is a statistic that suggests the indigenous population will react once the 10% threshold is reached. PS you're still anti-religious then but how is religion immoral? And if Jesus was the son of God what then?
@phantaci: I live in a very cosmopolitan city in England and yes tensions are rising betweens blacks and Asians and whites and Asians with people saying they're taking over. We now have new communities a 3rd influx of polish, with Lituanians, somalians and Arabs alongside large Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Indian communities. Coupled with rising unemployment and economic gloom it's a powder keg waiting to be ignited. I doubt very much if Muslim Britain could ever happen or in france there is even less chance due to their laws.
The EU cherishes democracy the ideals that formed your declaration of independence. However secular societies are more tolerant therefore more vulnerable to the popularity of Islam. And on the basis of increasing birth rates of Muslims well you are born into the faith and so a Muslim by birth. While their ranks swell, Christian communities are dwindling and those new Borns are not usually proclaimed as Christian. Brits often declare that we are a Christian country and in last years census 70% registered their faith as christian lol but many have never seen the inside of a church. So In short there is a growing problem!       
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:11am

Yes religious belief or worship took place amongst early cave dwellers. Early humans were known to bury their dead and lay flowers in the grave. Both are spiritual gestures from inner thoughts and emotions, religion gives this too as do many aspects of modern life.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:44am

Holy f.ck, dude, are you serious ? "Who would want people like that to be the majority?" ? People like that ? As if Muslims were all the same.

Yes, their number is greatly increasing in Europe, especially in Germany but I don't see a problem in it ?

Germany is a secular regulated state, this is put down in our consitution, in the first 20 laws that are unchangeable (due to our history..)

And no religion has a right to proclaim another religion as false..
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

Holy f.ck, dude, are you serious ? "Who would want people like that to be the majority?" ? People like that ? As if Muslims were all the same.

Yes, their number is greatly increasing in Europe, especially in Germany but I don't see a problem in it ?

Germany is a secular regulated state, this is put down in our consitution, in the first 20 laws that are unchangeable (due to our history..)

And just remember Nazis were never the majority in Germany.  Terrorists are not the majority in Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur etc etc. We see how that's playing out however.
Why do you say that?
And every major religion claims its the only way. If your the only way than all other ways are "false".

Some just have different views on non-believers.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 12:24pm

And just remember Nazis were never the majority in Germany.  Terrorists are not the majority in Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur etc etc. We see how that's playing out however.
Why do you say that?
And every major religion claims its the only way. If your the only way than all other ways are "false".

Some just have different views on non-believers.
Nazis were never the majority is hard to say, Hitler managed to convince most of all people in the beginning.
And Muslims are not terrorists, there's a "small" difference.

I say it just because of what you said, every religion claims it's the one and only true way. You think it just as other religions do.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 1:39pm

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Saudi Arabia punishes blasphemy with a penalty of death. I should have said "who would want people like that in a position of power" since you obviously took me for an ignorant racist punk. You're right, the majority of Muslims who grow up in first world countries probably know that killing someone over their beliefs is wrong, but in this day of age you have to look at it from someone's perspective who isnt Muslim and has grown up in fear of terrorism. Until middle eastern countries acknowledge that some of their beliefs are extreme and downright mideval then people will worry about "people like that being the majority". I understand what you're trying to say, but I'm not some bias Christian living in fear of the Muslim menace... Lol
- Best Coast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738>