FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Religion and Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion and Politics
    Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:42pm
oh youve read the Q'ran Phantaci?

i know some of the differences between the two religions, but until ive read the Bible and the Q'ran completely, i wouldn't want to post any of the differences. maybe its acually time 4 me to read the intire Bible? its the greatest book ever written they say?    

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

oh youve read the Q'ran Phantaci? i know some of the differences between the two religions, but until ive read the Bible and the Q'ran completely, i wouldn't want to post any of the differences. maybe its acually time 4 me to read the intire Bible? its the greatest book ever written they say?    
I'd start with a dictionary first, you know, something that's based on facts.   *entire*
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:19pm

i know some of the differences between the two religions, but until ive read the Bible and the Q'ran completely, i wouldn't want to post any of the differences. maybe its acually time 4 me to read the intire Bible? its the greatest book ever written they say?    

nah when i was younger i use to have the question well how the heck do i know if my faith is the right one.
so i read up a bit on Jews and then i read a bit of islam basics.
you know just their views on the beginning and the end.
and their views on Christ
now im soldout lol

and if your gonna read the Bible its best to start with the New testament. hell if anything start with revelation ;)
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:20pm
yo Lunch meathead, i would also like to bump into you in real life!!! just so you'd get to see what a real man looks like!!! and whatever else happens happens!!!

have a nice evening loser
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Blackfang

oh youve read the Q'ran Phantaci? i know some of the differences between the two religions, but until ive read the Bible and the Q'ran completely, i wouldn't want to post any of the differences. maybe its acually time 4 me to read the intire Bible? its the greatest book ever written they say?    
nah when i was younger i use to have the question well how the heck do i know if my faith is the right one.
now im soldout lol

and if your gonna read the Bible its best to start with the New testament. hell if anything start with revelation ;)

lol sold out ay? well im probably going to just read it from start to finsh, but i'll only be interested in Jesus's teachings to be honest.

wait maybe i should go beat *Lunch meathead* up first before i read it? naw after see'n his pic he already looks beat up enough lol maybe i'll just post a pic of myself so he can see a “REAL MAN” looks like? aahhh
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:36pm
lol u gotta be diligent to read it from genesis to revelation.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:40pm
lol im bout to be diligent then i guess xD
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Blackfang

now im soldout lol

I'm going kind of slow, but I'm going from Genesis to Revelation.  I figure that even if I go back to being Atheist or stay on the fence that I should at least know my enemy.. what the religion is about.  Maybe, I should look into getting a Quran and whatever the Jewish holy book is, so I can understand those better as well.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:46pm
@Sizzle: i know a lot of my comments would seem to be an attack on christianity but i assure u they are not. i have no agenda to against ur or ur religion.

to me those people from that church, who will so readily spread the message of hate, intolerance, and ignorance in the name of their faith, i dont consider them to be true christians. i dont hold u, phantaci or anyone else in bad regard because of the actions those people have done.

“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?(Matthew 5:43-47)
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:52pm
also, there have been a few threads/posts where some people here would claim superiority as well as a moral/spiritual high ground over "non-believers" (yes this thread included)....

“You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”(Mark 10:42-45)
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:01pm
So there was Jesus, with his Disciples about to go to the Temple.  At the time, there was a "Temple Tax", which everyone hated, but had to pay if they wanted access to the Temple.  Turns out Jesus and his posse had no form of legal tender.  Jesus tells Peter, "go down to the water and you'll find a fish with a coin in its mouth. Go get it and bring it back here".  Peter goes on his way and comes back with the coin.  Jesus then says to Peter; "go to the Temple and pay my tax and yours so that we do not offend them".

Hmmm... so the moral of the story isn't just an apparent miracle, but Jesus worried about offending the very people he disagreed with.  Nice.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:12pm

yo Lunch meathead, i would also like to bump into you in real life!!! just so you'd get to see what a real man looks like!!! and whatever else happens happens!!! have a nice evening loser
See what a real man looks like? I know what a real man looks like, I see my Grandfather 3 times a year.
Awesome, the 4th annoying internet punk to say that to me on here. Funny how many messages I get from people on here (people I consider intelligent no less) saying what a band of idiots you are. So one of three things are possible.

1. I'm delusional and misread everything.   
2. I'm just delusional and people lie to me.    
3. Or your the crazy person in the asylum claiming your not crazy. That's a metaphor by the way. Met-a-for -Noun;   comparable instances through association. Just incase you get confused.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:58pm
yea but TX you added ignorant and intolerant as your discription of those Christians? then you used annoy and angering to dicribe how they make you feel? Christians seem to be the only people left on earth that are held to a higher standard?

it seems that chopping off peoples heads, honor killings, and blowing up inocent people just doesn't seem to matter as much in some circles?

apples to oranges doesn't even come close to the difference in burning Q'rans compared to ^ those three things!

if you publicly diss Muhamid in any way you'll see some Muslim intolerance and not just from Muslim extremists! so you need to realise where a person or group is coming from.

the ground zero Mosque < thanks for the proper spelling Trendy xD is a huge story now! and i think its going to get a lot bigger!

it will show a lot of truths about our Country before its all said and done! freedom of religion will be taken advantage of to the fullest in that situation imo

respecting other religions is one thing, building a Mosque to symbolise a victorious attack on this Country is something totally different! so it depends on what the truth is about the ground zero Mosque?

something sure smells fishy about the location and scale to me? and if it bothers the family's of the people who died in the twin towers then that needs to be adressed by the people who want to build it there imo

the fact that its even a possibility that a Mosque could be built so near ground zero after 911 shows America's GREATNESS imo though

maybe we'll build a bunch of Christian churches in Muslim country's? no wait they wont allow that will they? HM? _-)

thus ends the lesson

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:05pm
lol they would never allow it in most situations :(
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

yo Lunch meathead, i would also like to bump into you in real life!!! just so you'd get to see what a real man looks like!!! and whatever else happens happens!!! have a nice evening loser
See what a real man looks like? I know what a real man looks like, I see my Grandfather 3 times a year. Awesome, the 4th annoying internet punk to say that to me on here. Funny how many messages I get from people on here (people I consider intelligent no less) saying what a band of idiots you are. So one of three things are possible. 1. I'm delusional and misread everything.   2. I'm just delusional and people lie to me.    3. Or your the crazy person in the asylum claiming your not crazy. That's a metaphor by the way. Met-a-for -Noun;   comparable instances through association. Just incase you get confused.

it works like this! you send your bs my way and i crush you with it! lol any questions little man? xD i don't care who's on your side! your pm's don't mean nothing to me _-) you worry about your busted little mug and i'll worry bout my grammer k? simple
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:48pm

Christians seem to be the only people left on earth that are held to a higher standard?it seems that chopping off peoples heads, honor killings, and blowing up inocent people just doesn't seem to matter as much in some circles?apples to oranges doesn't even come close to the difference in burning Q'rans compared to ^ those three things!

the ONLY ones held to a higher standard? no...but what u are doin here Syz is saying "i know they are doing something wrong but its ok because other people have done worse things"i want an honest response here from you and if ud rather PM it to me thats fine, but lets say you killed a man (this is a hypothetical), so u murder a man...once u die God asks u why u killed another person...would you really tell him, "oh its ok, because other people have done worse things than i have."?

ur justifying an act that ur own god preached against (hate & intolerance)
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 12:05am
...and again Syz, if they were jewish, muslim, hindu or whatever i would still say the same thing.

my words, sad, frustrating and angering were not to describe my feelings towards those people, it was to describe my feelings towards a message of ignorance and intolerance being spread... to accomplish what? nothing good will come of it, hate just begets more hate.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:06am
Originally posted by TX2k7

Christians seem to be the only people left on earth that are held to a higher standard?it seems that chopping off peoples heads, honor killings, and blowing up inocent people just doesn't seem to matter as much in some circles?apples to oranges doesn't even come close to the difference in burning Q'rans compared to ^ those three things!
the ONLY ones held to a higher standard? no...but what u are doin here Syz is saying "i know they are doing something wrong but its ok because other people have done worse things"i want an honest response here from you and if ud rather PM it to me thats fine, but lets say you killed a man (this is a hypothetical), so u murder a man...once u die God asks u why u killed another person...would you really tell him, "oh its ok, because other people have done worse things than i have."?ur justifying an act that ur own god preached against (hate & intolerance)

see now your telling me that im justify'n the burning of Q'rans? even though i said that i strongly disagree with them doing it?

no! my point is that your annoyed and even anger'd by some “so called” Christains saying there going to burn some Q'rans yet ive never seen any post of yours stating anything about muslims that annoys or angers you?

and you speak of tolerance and respect for other cultures, yet your annoyed and anger'd and therefore intolerant of a few people that say there going to burn some Q'rans? do you have any idea how many bibles and American flags are burnt even in this Country? a lot more then the few Q'rans those “so called” Christians are talking about burning.

i never once said its ok to burn Q'rans! and ive already posted that tolerance and respect for all people is the Christain way. but all people that call themselves Christians don't necessarily abide by that.

i will say this though, just because i don't think its ok to burn Q'rans doesn't mean it isn't! this is a free country! a Country of law! so if its not against the law then you can do it! weather someone else likes it or not!

why has a small story about 50 people talking about burning some Q'rans gotten so big? even general Patreus is commenting on it? and he's in aphganistan in charge of our troops? is certain media fanning the flame? if so why?

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Syzygy

my point is that your annoyed and even anger'd by some “so called” Christains saying there going to burn some Q'rans yet ive never seen any post of yours stating anything about muslims that annoys or angers you?

no, im saddened and frustrated that this kind of situation would even be occurring at all, and knowing that the end result will be nothing good.
if u would ask me to post something about muslims that annoys me im afraid i would have no answer for you, because i do not know every muslim nor will i assume that i do....i do not know every jew, christian or every member of any sizable group of people nor will i ever assume to. so u ask me to post something that christians do that annoys me i still would have no answer, and im trying to get u to understand this.
i did NOT post that news link as "Christians are doing more bad things" or whatever, i posted it as "this group of PEOPLE sending out a message of ignorance and intolerance directed at a different faith"....
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 4:19am
(continued).....
i dont hate them for their actions but it does sadden me, but i respect and accept that they will follow their beliefs as they see fit, tho i may not agree with it... and again (i want this to be understood) my frustration and yes a little anger, is NOT aimed at them, it is aimed at the fact that this kind of situation exists. i want u to understand that.

Originally posted by Syzygy

i never once said its ok to burn Q'rans!

nor did i say u did....the thought never crossed my mind nor would i assume u felt that way. perhaps instead of justifying i shouldve said "u were tryng to lessen the importance of this event by comparing it to the actions of other people, that are regarded as more serious" or at leas u made it appear that way.
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 7:31am
I think I can safely speak for everyone here when I say that nobody here speaks for everyone else.

If that statement is true, then why allow just a few from each belief group form your opinion of the entire group?

We're doing exactly what the extreme fringe of each religion wants; we're focusing on them.  We're debating things we'll never understand fully and in most cases, never agree with at all.

As I get older, I'm noticing more and more that society has a strange fixation with the anomolies that occur within it.  For example, we focus on the guys that blow up cafes and cars more than the guys who are there to protect us.  Homosexuality is apparent in less than 2% of our population (no judgement here), yet as a society we attempt to mainstream this sliver of our society by seeking new and special protections/rights for this goup and include them in nearly 100% of our entertainment (televisions, movies, etc.).  I heard more news about Michael Vic than I did about Ted Bundy.

Understand the broader point I'm trying to make.  Most of these extreme goups operate on the fringe and they jockey for your attention by doing increasingly extreme things.  The failed logic here is in somehow thinking that killing a bunch of people will get the people you didn't kill to agree with you and join your cause.  On the other hand, thinking that  burning a bunch of books will somehow get people just as extreme as you to stop their behavior is just as misguided.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 10:23am
Haven't we beat this subject to death already? No one is gonna change their mind about such a profound idea over an internet forum. Let me just say this: I have no problem with people believing in what they want to believe in. I do, however, have a problem with people pushing their ideals onto someone else (as demonstrated by syzygy's first post) and especially when religion enters the political arena.
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 12:05pm
syzygy is an idiot
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 1:20pm
pushing your ideas on someone else Trendy? hm? if you want to see it that way thats up to you. tell me this, what better way could i of started the discussion? < anyone?

let me say that i personally don't worry about religious differences! and this discussion isn't about my personal beliefs! its about different oppinions! although i am of the strong oppinion that every intelligent person should atleast try to reach GOD! because i believe its very important! i didn't have to make a thread like this knowing full well how some people are about religious people. and adding polotics because religion and politics are rarely ever seperate in reality!

we can all discuss and give oppinions on weather GOD exists, and what GOD is. my suggestion is try to reach GOD and see for yourself. if thats pushing my beliefs on someone else like Trendy says then thats what im doing. i am suggesting that 4 sure!

as far as politics goes? Supreme court justices set precedence! therefore they decide specific cases and set future stature!

weather your talking about civil rights, abortion, prayer in the classroom or pretty much anything leagal they have the final say! and there appointed by politicians! so what type of justice you get depends on how you vote.

so you need to know as much as possible about a politician before votivg for them! what do they really stand for?

lets take abortion as an example. this Country is devided on this issue? the Supreme court decides weather or not abortion is leagal!

heres one that should give you pause! denying medical care to a baby? is that good or evil? it is voted on! how in hell does that even need to be voted on? anyone that would vote to deny medical care to a baby for any reason has to be evil in my book! because that goes far beyond right and wrong! but people have voted to deny medical care to baby's in the case of botched abortion!

these are some examples of why politics is important and how your religious and or moral beliefs need to be represented by your politicians. weather a person is religious or not they should have some kind of morals.

i hope i don't need to exlain where im coming from xD            

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

syzygy is an idiot

let me tell you this! you and Trendy wont be turhing this thread into a stupid flaming session for your own petty amusement!

we done know your an athiest that is drawn more to Satan, so your little jabs and attempts at insults are muted!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>