Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NFL/NCAA Football Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL/NCAA Football Talk
    Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 3:45pm
I did't see anyone start this yet so i will. So i'll start it off with this question.

Do the Bengals become a real contender now that Palmer will have Ochocinco on one side and TO on the other to throw too?
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 8:43pm
I personally think TO is way overrated nowadays, so no.  The Bengals could still be a contender this year, but it won't be because of TO.  It looks like the Saints already won a game.  Go Colts!!
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 10:14pm
my COLTS will probably win less games this year, because its hard to keep winning that many games year after year in the NFL. especially since there in toughest dicision.

I'll be watching and rooting them on though!

GO COLTS!!!!!

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
RaMSLaYeR View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote RaMSLaYeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 11:27pm
BATMAN AND ROBIN FTW!!!

GT: V 3 L o C 1 t Y
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 2:41am
This year isn't looking so good for my Vikings, not only is our QB not getting the timing down or our top receiver is out, but we have a tough schedule, we play Miami & Detroit but the next five teams we play after them were in the playoffs last year. If this is Favres last year, he better get his **** straight.
ournemesis View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote ournemesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:24am
GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!    PATSSSSS!!!!!!
cannon_nemesis iAM_Avenger GOW_Nemesis
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 7:11pm
****.. we lost to Houston.Ouch  Oh, and it looks like the Lions started the season the only way know how to.  Haha..  At least, I don't have to feel too bad about my Colts losing their first game.. right?

I find it funny Tampa Bay won their first game, considering how their last season went.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 7:24pm

Yea but TO still produces TDs and still demands respect from the defense. Now with another big threat receiver on the other side the defense cant double team both of them. And if they would try to somehow. The Bengals have Shipley in the slot. Which i watched him in college, and hes basically a carbon copy of Wes Welker. The part were i think they will fall short is goin to be there defense. Its the same problem they had for the past couple years, but instead of fixing that they went and got yet another offensive player. I guess they figure f*** it we'll just out score everyone instead of holding their offense.

As far as the Colts. They will always be the Colts as long as they have Manning. He elevates the players around him. So even average players look great. i think they still hang around the same number of wins. They wont be dominating wins like before, but Manning will find ways to put his team in a winning position.

And  the Vikings losing there first one is no big deal. The 2 things they have to worry about is when Farve will have his Farve moments. You know when he throws it up for grabs for no apperent reason. And this wasnt the case last year so maybe its because they were playing the Saints. But the little bit of the game that i watched. Their defense couldnt get off the field. The Saints just walked down the field at will. Just eating up the clock. On a good note tho. The Saints are a hard first game for any team.  
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 7:31pm
see the Colts lost to the Texans and the Colts were 15-1 against them lifetime xD

its going to be a 9 or 10 win season at best for the Colts im affraid
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 8:28pm
Damn i just saw the score to that game. Well before u get to down on that loss. I think the Texans might be the surprise team in the league this year. Their not going to be the greatest team but their going to upset some of the top tier teams, and mess with the playoff picture. Time will tell on that tho. 

Go Cowboys
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:38pm
If they weren't a division rival, I'd root for the Texans, if only because they're still underdogs is many people's eyes, just like the Cards were in the playoffs one or two years back.  I love underdogs.  You could say Boise State is one of them.  Speaking of which, about a week or so ago, they beat Virginia (Tech?) or whatever, who was favored to win ACC.

Seriously, it teams like Boise State that make us question why there's no playoffs in College Football.  If they did it right (8 - 16 teams seems fair enough), they could run it alongside the Bowls.  Aren't the lesser bowls generally first anyways?  If you must, you could have the losers go for their redemption bid a few days or so after their defeat, while those who are still in keep playing, until there's two teams left for the BCS title.  The real BCS title, not just two somewhat undeserving duking it out because they're one and two.
InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 11:32pm
I'm a Colts fan myself, and I knew the Texans win, cuz 1) They have the best WR, 2) Best Passing Yds QB and offense.. Its good the Colts lost, all pressure is off for having an undefeated season.. Peyton Manning will get his revenge, trust me :)
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 12:02am
What the f*** did i just watch. I'm ashamed to be a Cowboys fan right now. They were horrible.... No wait they were beyond horrible. They should have to walk home from Washington after that f***ing game.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Milly

What the f*** did i just watch. I'm ashamed to be a Cowboys fan right now. They were horrible.... No wait they were beyond horrible. They should have to walk home from Washington after that f***ing game.

Teehee
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 1:40am
I love these...

Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 2:54am

Does the fact they lost and Houston won make you any more of a Houston fan?  If so, I kind of hate you, but oh well.  You got two teams in Texas now and it looks like our rivals in Houston are getting better every year.  In some respect, I'm beginning to worry about them more than Tennesee and maybe Jacksonville as well, though the latter seems to still be more of a problem than Houston.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 9:15am
Nope. Still a Cowboys fan and that will never change. I actually live in Pa. I was brought up a Cowboys fan since i was little, and i always will be..... Even when they suck.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 10:20am

You're a Cowboys fan? I knew there was something wrong about you.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 10:48pm
I might reconsider this, but since I have no intentions on picking the winners every week (i.e. only doing that every now and then, like last year), I'll be posting my picks here, every time I bother to pick the teams I feel are going to win.  Mid-way through the season, expect better explanations.  I'm not so keen on what's changed since last year (beyond the TO thing, thanks to Milly), but I'll still give it a try.  I'm a fan of the NFL, but I'm not hardcore enough to track every team's stats and trades.  I occasionally go over their basic stats though, such as wins, losses, home record, road record, division record, and conference record.

Cincinnati - I don't think they've gotten any weaker, but has Baltimore gotten better since last year?
Minnesota
Chicago
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Kansas City
Green Bay
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Oakland (unfortunately)
Denver
Houston
Jacksonville
New York Jets
New York Giants (unfortunately)
New Orleans 
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 9:31am
@Bain- well at least now you know why im not right in the head. so stop asking ha.

@SilverJ- it would be great to have you join the gameday comp, but if not its cool. even if you dont join, i don't mind if you still put your picks on the gameday thread. that way people can compare picks and they can also see who your picks are playin. your choice, just letting you know you can still post picks and comments even tho your not in the comp.

New question. When do you think Vick will take over the starting spot in Philly?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:30pm
So does anyone on here follow college football?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 10:36pm
Not really.  The only time I tend to follow it is bowl season, though I sometimes look at the standings.  I think somebody was going to post their picks in your Gameday thread though.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:55pm
JETS
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:21pm
Skins Own Any team that smokes a peace pipe owns
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 12:52pm
Randy Moss back with the Vikings!!! Muwhahahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>