FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SCIENCE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCIENCE
    Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:13am
Shaker, it's about sources. Did they really know star patterns containing important stars which you cannot see with the naked eye ?
Did they really not have binoculars ?
Who knows. People can write all sorts of things on a piece of paper. Better look for rational solutions than to make something up that doesn't fit into our concept, it's actually what science is about.

There are enough things that you may accept, but you can never know if it's actually true, cause you only have the information given to you by others. It's the reason there even are conspiracy theories.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:19am
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

so lets just let science keep assuming and proving its self wrong lol GOD does exist! and he can prove it to you!

most people from every religion would say that their god exists, its an assumption tho to try and say it as a fact. personal belief no matter how strongly its held is still personal belief.

so im guessing u were only gearing ur "the ignorant people always assume..." stuff towards science? -_- lame bro

Originally posted by SYZYGY

that makes a lot more since then something from nothing!
i said 2 times (3 now)... u cant (as in can NOT!) get something from nothing...grrr i dunno y u think im sayn u can?! aghhhh lol

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:23am
Originally posted by TX2k7

so lets just let science keep assuming and proving its self wrong lol GOD does exist! and he can prove it to you!

most people from every religion would say that their god exists, its an assumption tho to try and say it as a fact. personal belief no matter how strongly its held is still personal belief.

so im guessing u were only gearing ur "the ignorant people always assume..." stuff towards science? -_- lame bro
Exactly ! Every person will tell you that they KNOW their belief is the right one.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:35am
Hmmm, easy... Do a search on Dogon... On this subject the scientists scratch their head... A tribe worship every main religion without wars.
Maybe this is not exactely science in the way you guys mean. But to me its amazing that a big african tribe do have this knowledge and for a long time.. THAT is science for me anyway. Cos they actualy were waay ahead all along:-)
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:18am
my last post was to get people that think they know something to realise that they acually know nothing at all! be clouded in ignorance due to being eliterate of everything in existance if you like though? i guess its easier to think your really smart and you have some answers then to realise you know nothing at all?

everything is only as we percieve it to be at any given moment!

this isn't the Religion thread but since TX brung GOD into it.

GOD is obviously incomprehencable to man at this time! no matter what some bible beater might try to tell you.

GOD has shown me he exists! if he hasn't shown you?

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 12:52pm
@dagon,
only losers brag about their IQ
stephen hawking

lol

apparently in stephen hawking's new book he is going to explain how the universe came from nothing.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 1:07pm
This clip has awesome punchline at about 1:15!!!

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

@dagon,
only losers brag about their IQ 
Even if your post was just supposed to be a joke,  THAT I was trying not to do, to brag.
I thought I mentioned that ? :D
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 4:00pm

this isn't the Religion thread but since TX brung GOD into it.

only reason for bringn god into this was so that my when it seemed u didnt understand my point i was tryn to make in my examples, i could restate those examples as something u could relate more closely to. it was my hope that thatd help u understand wat i was tryn to say.

i first mentioned god with this post:
Originally posted by TX2k7

"if thats the case, where did the first universe begin?" and i wont event pretend that i know the answer to one of man's most existential questions. thats like asking "where did god come from?

as u can see i did not bring religion into this as a topic of debate, but as a means of getting my point across in a way that most people would be able to understand.

its a science thread, id like to keep the discussion about science
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

@dagon, only losers brag about their IQ
Even if your post was just supposed to be a joke, THAT I was trying not to do, to brag.
I thought I mentioned that ? :D

actually it was something stephen hawking said during an interview and i decided to direct it towards u. not that i care, but posting that your IQ is 149 when average is 90-100 is bragging. the IQ test is a joke anyways.
that wasnt a direct quote from hawking but it's basically what he said
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 5:07pm

Originally posted by -DaGoN-

@dagon, only losers brag about their IQ
Even if your post was just supposed to be a joke, THAT I was trying not to do, to brag.
I thought I mentioned that ? :D

actually it was something stephen hawking said during an interview and i decided to direct it towards u. not that i care, but posting that your IQ is 149 when average is 90-100 is bragging. the IQ test is a joke anyways.
that wasnt a direct quote from hawking but it's basically what he said
Yeah I got the idea but I wasn't trying to brag, as weird as this sounds: I'm smarter than that. :'D
I posted it for the actual post, as back up so to say.
EDIT: The IQ test is partly a joke because it's not very nice to evaluate people like that, but if you don't take the test on the internet but with an actual person (no idea what the word is in english), it's still legit. Well as far as I know...
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 7:06pm
iq test? lmao now thats fk'n hillarious
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 7:28pm
I know several high IQ people who have to eat three meals a day, take a 5hit, sleep at night and wash their ass just like everyone else.  Most high IQ people I know have a personality flaw equally as large.

The word you are grasping for DaGoN is "Proctor".
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 7:31pm
haha...i took an IQ test with a Proctor.  you'd be surprised how intelligent i am
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Ether404

haha...i took an IQ test with a Proctor.  you'd be surprised how intelligent i am

LOL - they kicked me out of the testing room for eating the paste and banging my head with the trash can.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 7:40pm
hahaha LOL xD
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:54pm

you're right i would be surprised if it was 1 or 2 above plankton
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Aquaknot

LOL - they kicked me out of the testing room for eating the paste and banging my head with the trash can.

lol
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

you're right i would be surprised if it was 1 or 2 above plankton
me 2! u walked right into that one duckboy... ambiguous sentence number 509, like ur "I have a question" which really turns out to be a statement cos u answer it b4 anyone else has a chance to answer! I cant b the only one to notice. BTW we call proctors "invigilators" in the UK - ur word is actually a very old English name.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:50pm

If the big bang theory is correct and there was an explosion and everything is expanding? then the results of that explosion are still happening! that means that the end result of that explosion is still up in the air so to speak!and if the explosion and results of that explosion are acually creating time?then anywhere outside of the results of that explosion. time might not even exist?and if you look towards the the explosion, and the further you look the further your seeing back in time is the case? then if we look in the opposite direction doesn't the same princibles have to apply in reverse? the farther you look in the opposite direction of the explosion is the further you'd see into the future? which would mean were not in the present but in the past!unless there was nothing when we look in the opposite direction of the explosion. only then would we be in the present. not a theory xD just a thought
Big Bang is fu cking retarded. Isn't it the FALSE theory that there was NOTHING then all of a sudden, two molecules or atoms collide then the world appears. How the hell is there was NOTHING then two molecules or atoms showed up. Plus if we were "evolving" we should definitely not have all the diseases we do have.
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by QwEsT

theory that there was NOTHING then all of a sudden, two molecules or atoms collide then the world appears.
i'd believe that before i believe in god   o:
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Penguin

theory that there was NOTHING then all of a sudden, two molecules or atoms collide then the world appears.
i'd believe that before i believe in god   o: Because?
A statement like that deserves an explanation...
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 7:26am

If the big bang theory is correct and there was an explosion and everything is expanding? then the results of that explosion are still happening! that means that the end result of that explosion is still up in the air so to speak!and if the explosion and results of that explosion are acually creating time?then anywhere outside of the results of that explosion. time might not even exist?and if you look towards the the explosion, and the further you look the further your seeing back in time is the case? then if we look in the opposite direction doesn't the same princibles have to apply in reverse? the farther you look in the opposite direction of the explosion is the further you'd see into the future? which would mean were not in the present but in the past!unless there was nothing when we look in the opposite direction of the explosion. only then would we be in the present. not a theory xD just a thought
Big Bang is fu cking retarded. Isn't it the FALSE theory that there was NOTHING then all of a sudden, two molecules or atoms collide then the world appears. How the hell is there was NOTHING then two molecules or atoms showed up. Plus if we were "evolving" we should definitely not have all the diseases we do have.
We have not been around long enough to evolve that much, micro-evolution sure, macro? Nope.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 8:28am
you worry about whats for dinner? lol i have many options on dinner so i don't have to worry about that xD

the missing sock is a mystery indeed? lol i just keep a couple of new packs of socks around so im covered on that xD

as far as debating science goes? it just shows how differently people view a subject! which falls under my point on perception. we all percieve things a little differently. which indicates we all put our own twist on everything.

if you fast forward'd a movie and watch'd it long enough your mind would pobably start to adapt to the speed to a degree, sort of like speed reading. which means our perception can acually change and adapt. so with mental control and thought we can decide our own perception! which means we choose what to believe and make it our reality. therefore we can distort our reality in our mind! which means where all dillusional to a degree! lol and thats a fact! xD       

but the things that the human brain is capable of are fk'n amazing! the human brain is the most amazing thing in existance! in my humble oppinion

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 8:46am
YES Sizzle, what a strong point that is. I said maybe it's just on here, but your posts usually (yes there are exeptions) don't have the strongest points, you keep using your own belief as a point for example.
But you see, I still left the opportunity of you being intelligent open, because hell what can some posts on a gaming site say when I haven't met you in real life yet ?

Yeah 17, and just a kid huh ?

BTW your sig is hilarious
...not.

I'm gonna take a shower now, after that I'll hopefully still have time to write a longer post before I go see my gf, because I had a really nice conversation last night with someone.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>