Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GameDay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GameDay
    Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:03pm
Think you can pick'em better than the pro's?  Let's find out.

How It Will Work
Every Tuesday/Wednesday, I will post the NFL schedule.  After the scheduled is posted, every one who has joined the competition will PM me their picks by Thursday, no later than 5pm.  The reason I'm making it before 5pm is so the picks are in before the Thursday night games start so we don't have to change anything.  After the first week of picks, everytime I post the game schedule I will also post everyones last week's results and overall results.  Feel free to post your picks or thoughts on this thread, but you must PM me your official picks for the week.  I'll be keeping all the results and stats.  So all you have to do is pick the teams and personal message them to me.  If we get enough people to stick with this throughout the season, there may be a small prize for the winner.  I have some ideas for the playoffs already, but I'll wait a little bit to release them.

So if you are interested just send me a personal message and I'll add you to the list on the thread and to my stat book.

*** Updates***
*9/13* - We will be giving 2 prizes away. One to the winner of the regular season, and one to the playoff winner.
*9/13* - How missing weeks or sending picks late will work: The first week, you will be given the average of everyones' picks and zero points for the monday night game (the points for the monday game will be explained in the next update). For the second week, you will be given the lowest person's picks -1 win and +1 loss. Finally the third week, you will be eliminated from the competition. I think that is fair to everyone and very leniant.
*9/13* - Monday night games will also have a point value attached to them as well as counting to your wins and losses. These points will come into play for the playoff system we will have, which i will explain closer to that time. The points for the monday game will be on a 1 to 5 scale. I will give its value on how hard i think the pick is. Ex. NO vs. DET would be a 1 point game, but NO vs. IND would be a 5. You'll want to gets these picks right. They might be the difference between you getting to pick your team in the playoffs, or your opponent picking it for you. (thanks for this idea fluffy) 

*9/15* - I will be sending my picks to JP. So everyone know i'm being kept track of, and the rules apply to me too.
*9/15* - Please when you send me your PM with your pick, make the topic 'week #.' Thats just so I don't delete it before I write it down. (sorry foxy)
*9/15* - For now on don't post your pick in the thread. I made a post that I will put everyones in for them, so they are all together and easy to compare. I will post all of them either when I have everyones or Thursday night. Which ever comes first.
*9/15* - I also will be starting some convo on some of the tough picks of the week. I will only start that when i have everyones picks. My reason for waiting is because i don't want anybodys mind changed on who they want to pick just cause of what someone else said. These are your picks, to see how good you are. Not to see what someone else can tell you or remind you of. I'm hoping this will make this alot more active thoughout the week.

*10/5* - The * in the standings/results post is the number of weeks you didn't or were late sending in your picks, and that the rules were enforced. Each week you miss a * will be added and the attached rule will be enforced. I'm not tryin to sound like an ass but these rules have been here from the beginning. I'm not goin to be a d*** either, i understand people forget and what not so if your picks are sent friday i won't care the first or second time. Except when the thursday games start. Then theres is no exception. Anyway all i'm saying is that i see how much everyone is on the forum and 10 mins to send picks isn't to much to ask. Thanks everyone. 

Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:04pm

Results/Standings

Last Week   (W-L)                                                                 Overall         (W-L)    *points

Milly              14-2                                                                  Milly               148-92    *34 
Jpinator        11-5                                                                  Jpinator         140-100  *33 
BAIN             8-8                                                                    BAIN              148-92    *48
Do_or_Die    13-3                                                                  Do_or_Die     148-92    *34
Equalizer      10-6                                                                *Equalizer       144-96    *33
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:05pm

Games

Week 17

Sunday
MIA @ NE
BUF @ NYJ
CIN @ BAL
PIT @ CLE
TB @ NO
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
OAK @ KC
JAC @ HOU
ARI @ SF
SD @ DEN
CHI @ GB
NYG @ WAS
DAL @ PHI
TEN @ IND
STL @ SEA        
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Milly

@SilverJ- It would be great to have you join the gameday comp, but if not its cool.  Even if you don't join, I don't mind if you still put your picks on the gameday thread.  That away people can compare picks and they can also see who your picks are playing.  Your choice, just letting you know you can still post picks and comments even tho your not in the comp.

I think I'll post these here again, so people can see my pics in this thread and compare.  I'm not participating, but Milly was suggesting it, so yeah.

Week 1: 9 - 7 (missed)
Week 2: 13 - 3
Week 3: 7 - 9
Week 4: 10 - 4
Week 5: 4 - 10
Week 6: 7 - 7
Week 7: 9 - 5
Week 8: 7 - 6
Week 9: 7 - 6
Week 10:
8 - 6
Week 11: 9 - 7 (missed)
Week 12: 10 - 6
Week 13: 9 - 7
Week 14: 8 - 8
Week 15: 9 - 7
Week 16: 10 - 6
Week 17: 9 - 7

Overall: 145 - 111
True Overall: 127 - 97
Avg: 8 - 6

I'm making my picks early.

Playoffs
Wildcard
NYJ @ IND - Indianapolis
BAL @ KC - Baltimore

GB @ PHI - Philadelphia
NO @ SEA - New Orleans

Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:44pm
LoL @ ppl pickin Chicago too beat Dallas, Are you for real?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 9:17am

The hardest games for me to pick were: BAL @ CIN, NE @ NYJ, NYG @ IND. Well besides trying to pick between two ****ty teams, like STL @ OAK and ARI @ ATL. So i'll only ask about the good match ups.

Lets start with the Bal @ CIN.

Majority went with BAL. I think this game comes down to Joe Flacco. He is a hit or miss QB. This we already know, yes BAL has a great run defense but their secondary is a bit lacking. While maybe not horrible it def not great. Then you have CIN who's offense is built to pass first run second. This is were Flacco comes into play. BAL will be able to run it with Ray Rice, but their is only a select group of team who can strickly run the ball and put up alot of points and i don't think BAL is one of them. So if Flacco has a good day and can convert some 3rd downs they will win. I'm just banking on the "I throw the ball ten yards the other direction" Flacco will show up. Thats what my pick was based on.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 10:27am
when in doubt go with the better defense. that's why i picked Baltimore.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 1:59pm
I agree with Bain, BAL has a much better defense plus I have A. Boldin on my other fantasy league so I have to go with BAL! lol. But the Bungles did put up a lot of points vs NE last week so I bet it's going to be a close game.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

I agree with Bain, BAL has a much better defense plus I have A. Boldin on my other fantasy league so I have to go with BAL! lol. But the Bungles did put up a lot of points vs NE last week so I bet it's going to be a close game.

Points can be misleading....Bengals started too score when the game was already out of hand...
The Bengals did sweep the AFC North last year...Boldin is a beast at WR...I think it's only a matter of time before the Ravens Offense catches up with their Defense...
I'd like too see Ray Lewis knock both Owens & Ocho back too VH1!
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

Originally posted by JPINATOR

Points can be misleading....Bengals started too score when the game was already out of hand...
The Bengals did sweep the AFC North last year...Boldin is a beast at WR...I think it's only a matter of time before the Ravens Offense catches up with their Defense...
I'd like too see Ray Lewis knock both Owens & Ocho back too VH1!

Methinks julius is going to take out another QB next weekend. 
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

The Bengals did sweep the AFC North last year.

There's my reasoning.  They might not sweep it again this year, but I'm confident they can beat the Ravens again this year, though they might lose the second time or this time.  Who knows?  I still think they're going to beat the Ravens at least once this year.  As Bears over Dallas, it's of a wild card pick.  I think the Bears might be able to beat them when their moral is down from losing to the Redskins (a big rival for the Cowboys, right?).  The Jets beat the Patriots once last year and I think it was at home.  Where is this game?  It's at their house isn't it?  I can see their fans possibly causing the Pats to stumble again.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 9:49am

Picking the better defense is smart, but do they have enough defense. Their not exactly the Ravens of old. Either way still should be a good game.

NE @ NYJ

Alright this one could have went anyway for me. NE has a healthy team, and a good coach that is will to take risk (even tho they always don't work out) and a team that is usually good enough to make those risk pay off. The NYJ have been getting better ever year. They are building a team that will soon contend for the Super Bowl, but its just not yet. A couple more key players and a couple years experience and they will be a team to look out for. So my pick was based on a healthy NE team with more experience.
Xposure View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Xposure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 10:20am
i went with nyj, more based on what they have this year compaired to last, now s. holmes is not off his i think 4 game bench for beer bottle abuse lol, but with lt running against a lacking run block defence i think the 3rd and short game will be fine with the jets, and there defence is growing as well.
now brady is healthy and back but thats just the thing, he just got back, you can see in his game he isnt the same qb he was 3 years ago! well thats my reason on the pick and, yes i know i voted for sanchez to win this week hahahaha
When you turn your X Box on does it return the favor?
ZodiacX View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZodiacX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 1:33pm
Ohio state. All the way. I win. I expect a Porche at my house by next saturday.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by ZodiacX

Ohio state. All the way. I win. I expect a Porche at my house by next saturday.

NFL buddy, not College
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 4:28pm
Surprising, I'm 8-1 so far.  My only wrong pick so far was Minnesota.  Sorry, JP.
Page_KillEmAll View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Page_KillEmAll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 4:53pm

I made all my pics in 2 minutes while waiting on a conference call.  Seemed to work well.

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Sorry, JP.

i'm not!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  division leaders baby!! GO Pack GO!!!
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
FoXy View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
His Wifeh

Post Options Post Options   Quote FoXy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:22pm
Wow!!! Eagles get lucky for real good god X_X!!!!! >/
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Ether404

Sorry, JP.

Co leaders Fvck stick.  

Where's DoD so I can talk $hit about Brett's Favres aborted fetus tony Homo
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:39pm
It's safe too say i bombed with most of my picks this week...
Only games i got right was PHI, KC, GB & ATL so far..
I'm goin to pick Dallas each week which will probably be my downfall..
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:40pm

Sorry, JP.

Co-Division leaders wit da Bears..
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:42pm
I looked over the list and if the games going on now ended the way they are, Fluffy and me would be tied for 1st (even though I'm not taking part in this).  We'll see how things go from here. (the second half)  I'm doing terrible with these mid-day games.  Only one of my picks is winning right now.  Houston's getting their asses handed to them and St. Louis.. is somehow winning, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Edit: Jacksonville is down by two TD's to.  It looks like the Colts just might have a shot at being tied for the lead in the division already, 1-1.  Oakland is now down by 1 point.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Sorry, JP.

Co leaders Fvck stick.  

Where's DoD so I can talk $hit about Brett's Favres aborted fetus tony Homo

Well let me talk a little $h!t wit ya...Jason Garret cant call plays too save his life...Wade Phillips looks lifeless on the sidelines showing no emotion except for when he's hungry...They both needa get the F|_|CK outta dodge wit da quickness...
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 6:54pm
If Houston can just come back and tie this game, either forcing overtime or getting the ball back and winning, I'll minimize my losses, given the Jets and Oakland hold on.  I think Jacksonville and Seattle have lost it at this point.  They both got two or three minutes left and are down by 2 TDs or more.  The other three games are 1 TD games at the moment.

Edit: Touchdown!  Houston has came back to tie it.  We still have just over two minutes left though.

Another touchdown!  That's 2 TDs up for the Jets now, but there's still seven or so minutes left.

Edit: Damn, this is a good week for me so far, 12-2.  It'll probably be the last one this season.  I'm hoping for 13-3, since I picked the Giants over the Colts.  Theoretically speaking, the Texans avenged Dallas' loss, by beating the 'Skins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>