| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Old Banned Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What happened to Warfare?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to Warfare?
    Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:15pm
What the hell happened to Warfare? Why did this turn into a camp infested, spawn killing, vehicle killing (when you shouldn't) type of mode. What happened to the mode that I enjoyed for the past 2+ years?

I thought I was doing this community a favor by hosting locked Warfare every week but as far as tonight and other nights go its like I'm being slapped in the face. I know there isn't set rules for this game, but there are plenty of unwritten rules, for instance:

No spawn killing
Don't be at nodes or cores when its not vulnerable to you
Don't attack cradled vehicles
No core camping
No camp sniping near nodes or cores that isn't vulnerable to you

I was brought up playing this game either from GOW's standards or from myself that those things mentioned above are not to be done in this game, I learned to play this game with respect and fairness, am I the only one? I know a lot of the so called top warfare players that do this on a regular basis!!! I host these nights so everyone can enjoy Warfare, the way it should be played and if you can't play with fairness then you're not welcomed in anymore.

If you want to continue being in these iAM locked warfare servers then you need to stop playing stupid, it is a privilege to those that get invited in who are not iAM members, just remember that.

VaLlEy-Of_Pain View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote VaLlEy-Of_Pain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:21pm
well said :) i wasnt there long enough to notice anybody campin though lol
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:28pm
I agree with all exept being at nodes that are not vulnerable, I do so for anticipation reasons, but I'm usually chillin' out wait to hit the node, not killin' ppl as they spawn.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:34pm
do whatever it takes to win as long as its not cheating i always thought.
its been done to me and ive done it
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

I agree with all exept being at nodes that are not vulnerable, I do so for anticipation reasons, but I'm usually chillin' out wait to hit the node, not killin' ppl as they spawn.

+ 1
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
The Keyboard Samurai View Drop Down
Please....Listen to me whine

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:46am
AHAH this post is awesome.. whiney rants ftw 

@the Japinator
Finally you realise what has happened to the game...
now maybe you will understand why i used to care so much that i would "whine"-
maybe this is a good time to ask to - have that lil comment removed from my status .please.

and if your still running these matches i wouldn't mind joining, aint played in a while but im down with the 'ut3 codes of honour'

Peace out japanitor and dont let it get to you
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 1:30am
* JPINATOR
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 1:39am
Those Warfare matches earlier were fun.  GG
VaLlEy-Of_Pain View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote VaLlEy-Of_Pain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 2:40am
yeah gg for the few i played....
Bally_Man View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

i duck clan matches

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bally_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 3:00am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

What the hell happened to Warfare? Why did this turn into a camp infested, spawn killing, vehicle killing (when you shouldn't) type of mode. What happened to the mode that I enjoyed for the past 2+ years? I thought I was doing this community a favor by hosting locked Warfare every week but as far as tonight and other nights go its like I'm being slapped in the face. I know there isn't set rules for this game, but there are plenty of unwritten rules, for instance: No spawn killing Don't be at nodes or cores when its not vulnerable to you Don't attack cradled vehicles No core camping No camp sniping near nodes or cores that isn't vulnerable to you I was brought up playing this game either from GOW's standards or from myself that those things mentioned above are not to be done in this game, I learned to play this game with respect and fairness, am I the only one? I know a lot of the so called top warfare players that do this on a regular basis!!! I host these nights so everyone can enjoy Warfare, the way it should be played and if you can't play with fairness then you're not welcomed in anymore. If you want to continue being in these iAM locked warfare servers then you need to stop playing stupid, it is a privilege to those that get invited in who are not iAM members, just remember that.
sounds like my old clan mates where playing LoL joke! people who do this stuff in a locked server are beyond retarded n dont deserve a spot its that simple! maybe they just cant handle the pressure of these games!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 3:05am
Jp, I can only imagine what you would of said if i did what i was telling you about & you didnt know it was me..LMAO.
My ALT account would of gotten it's own thread or been mentioned in the Fists of Fury..
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 4:36am
In warfare there are defined spawn points based on the nodes captured. If your playing against a team with more nodes , and its a pub game your f***ed because theyll know where to camp a few people to make your life a living hell. Deal with it and use it to your advantage since core campers are making there team play handicapped etc. etc.

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 5:26am
gg
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:22am
Warfare used to be my favourite mode. Well, when I was still noob. ;D
But I remember when I came back to the game and wanted to play warfare, it was never as fun as it used to be.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
illuminion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote illuminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:02am
I don't see the problem. You should do whatever it takes to win as long as it's not cheating (aimbot, radar hack, etc.). If you want to pretend to be all high and noble and playing with a set of unwritten laws for honor and dignity (lol) then you will lose alot.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:05am
Originally posted by illuminion

I don't see the problem. You should do whatever it takes to win as long as it's not cheating (aimbot, radar hack, etc.). If you want to pretend to be all high and noble and playing with a set of unwritten laws for honor and dignity (lol) then you will lose alot.
Yeah, crazy sportsmanship and their stupid rules.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:24am

I follow those "unwritten laws" and I'm perfectly fine with it, yeah sometimes it costs me a win but at least I'm not a FULL RETARD doing everything just to win, even if it means to hide 20 minutes directly next to the flag/core.
See I rather play the game to have fun.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:26am
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

I follow those "unwritten laws" and I'm perfectly fine with it, yeah sometimes it costs me a win but at least I'm not a FULL RETARD doing everything just to win, even if it means to hide 20 minutes directly next to the flag/core.
You can play, have fun, not be a d1ck, and still win. Hey illuminion, I think CoD is calling your name.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:39am

sportsmanship and rules when the game is about killing people?

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:40am
"do whatever it takes to win" ? So if I use the U-damage or Redeemer in a duel against you in Deck then that's OK? I'm doing it to win!
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 9:46am
Originally posted by BAIN

"do whatever it takes to win" ? So if I use the U-damage or Redeemer in a duel against you in Deck then that's OK? I'm doing it to win!
i have headfones ;)
i can avoid a guy with UD and redeemer i can hear you pick it up and position myself to dodge it.

spawn killing and picking up UD in duel are two different things though.

you can get banned from a tournament for picking up UD in a duel spawnkilling is just a part of shooters.

normally its your own fault.
i mean how else do they do it?

edit*
dont take that the wrong way,
ive been spawn killed before mostly in the cheap modes i mean vctf.
its annoying but hey if i was them id be doing it too.
in a clan match no though.
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 10:01am
this **** happened in vctf awhile ago, the newer generation of players and ctf players do this lol no lie. just gotta learn to deal with it, actually paw had some truth to what he said, so u cant let the kill you, just gotta get up and kill someone before they kill you and then do ur thing.....

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Sephiroth_v7

this **** happened in vctf awhile ago, the newer generation of players and ctf players do this lol no lie. just gotta learn to deal with it, actually paw had some truth to what he said, so u cant let the kill you, just gotta get up and kill someone before they kill you and then do ur thing.....
lmfao im sorry but i have to f***in say this...excuse me? new generation of players..this is a new generation of players anyone whos first unreal game is ut3 is the new generation of players..this is the group of players that are tryin to change the old rules of unreal this is the group that cant understand the concept of killing....
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Sephiroth_v7

ctf players got tired of me doing it to them :(
at omicron and reflection i just toss rockets into their rocket spawns
thats why alotta of them turned into flak pros :(

illuminion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote illuminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:03am

This is a video game about KILLING people.

Originally posted by BAIN

Sure why not. Those things are available to you in the game and are supposed to be used. What's the problem? If you're going up against a smart player who can hear a redeemer coming and prevent you from reaching the U-damage then the match won't be as one-sided as you think.

Then play the game your way. People actually have fun spawn killing (which, by the way, is a very legitimate strategy as it prevents the enemy from reaching their objective). Don't cry about it because there are counter-measures against spawn killing. For instance, on Torlan you can use the avril crossbow to get rid of mantas and tanks near your base that are spawn killing.

You can play, have fun, not be a d1ck, and still win. Hey illuminion, I think CoD is calling your name.

Not sure how camping the flag or core is being a 'd1ck'. Oh, and I do play Modern Warfare 2 and spawn camp in demolition every chance I get (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg2QlYMDv6Y&hd=1)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>