Fantasy Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fantasy Football
    Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:59pm

I beat the top guy who was 4-0. I ended with 124 and he ended with 83. I really didn't think id win by that much, but Harvin gave me 22 and Moss was about 14. So those 2 sealed the deal for me. I'm now 3-2 on a 3 game win streak. Hope to keep that goin.

ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:20pm
Didn't have a stellar week.  Basically only won because my opponent didn't make any roster changes and had two players out for injuries.  I'll take the win but its frustrating when the other player signs up then doesn't actively participate.

Lost Mark Clayton (StL) for the season this week.  Although he really hasn't been performing the last few weeks.  Also, had Ray Rice benched because of a couple less than stellar weeks but he did really well this week so I think I'll move up back up to the active roster.

I'm now 5-0 and 2 games up on the second place team.  But I think this week's game will be a close one for me. 
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 10:05am
Alright as of now i'm 22 points up on the number one guy. He has AP and B. Edwards, and i have P. Harvin, R. Moss, and D. Keller. So yea this one isn't in the bag yet. AP is to dangerous for me to be happy yet. I have a good feeling this will end within 5 points or so of each other. Lets go MIN.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 3:12pm
I may not be the best person since it is my first season, but i'll be posting some tips or moves that have either helped me or hurt me throughout the season. For everyone that has played FF for a couple years now they might be stupid to you but then that tip isn't for you. On the other side maybe i can open some new ideas or strategies for those who are FF vets. Hopefully i can help some people, and please feel free to post some things that have helped you or things you have noticed. I won't post all them in one. I'll keep posting them as i think of them. So keep checking back.

My first tip is don't get hung-up on big names all the time. Yes most of the time they will be who you want to play, but don't play them just cause of their name when you feel someone else has a better match up that week. Just remember the bigger their name the more prep the defense will have on that player. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 8:16pm
I'm currently in two leagues, the iAMgaming league on Yahoo.com and also my familys league on ESPN.com. I am 3-1 in both leagues, sorta interesting since I got first round pick in one league and pretty much 10th pick in the other.

Best pick of course would have to be AP and Drew Brees
I really don't have anyone that sticks out for worse pick.. games are still young
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 5:21pm
My worst bench so far was Jahvid Best a couple weeks ago and he got 46 or 56 points I can't remember which. Since then I don't think he's been over 8.
ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Milly

Should have thought of this one earlier but o well. This is here to talk about how ur doin in ur league, moves or trades you've made that helped you, and maybe your bonehead bench of the week. Anything about fantasy football.

This is my first year playing FF. I'm in 2 leagues. A H2H league and a points league. Im 2-2 in my h2h. I lost my first 2 by about 20 points or less. So i made couple moves and my last game i beat someone with no losses and this week i play the top person, so if i beat him i'll be happy as ****. Cause hes been killing people. He has AP, LT, Wes welker, Tom Brady, Chris Cooley, Austin Collie, Steven Jackson, i could keep goin but i think you get the point. Hes team is f***ing stacked. I'll prob get my ass handed to me but o well. As long as its not by more them 25 points ha. And for my points league im in the basement at 9th out of 10 players. It was a auto-draft and i got screwed. The 2 QB's i started with were Farve and Big Ben. Well lets see Ben was suspended and Farve didnt do ****. So yea i got the big shaft on that one. I'll already like 150 points or so behind the leader. Thats alot to make up already.

For anyone in a small league look to see if SD defense is still out there and grab them quick. They gave me 28 points last week and they have OAK this week.

This is my first year with a FF team too.  It has really made it different when watching the games because I'm rooting for individuals and not teams.  I'm in one H2H league and so far my team is 4-0.  Not sure if its beginners luck or just a crappy league.  I moved a few people around after the first week and last two weeks have been getting over 100 pts/game.  

My biggest bench regret so far was I had Jason Snelling from Atlanta on the bench the second week when they played the Cardinals.  He had 35 points that week!  I moved him to my active roster and of course he has yet to come close since.  Sigh.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:58pm
Should have thought of this one earlier but o well. This is here to talk about how ur doin in ur league, moves or trades you've made that helped you, and maybe your bonehead bench of the week. Anything about fantasy football.

This is my first year playing FF. I'm in 2 leagues. A H2H league and a points league. Im 2-2 in my h2h. I lost my first 2 by about 20 points or less. So i made couple moves and my last game i beat someone with no losses and this week i play the top person, so if i beat him i'll be happy as ****. Cause hes been killing people. He has AP, LT, Wes welker, Tom Brady, Chris Cooley, Austin Collie, Steven Jackson, i could keep goin but i think you get the point. Hes team is f***ing stacked. I'll prob get my ass handed to me but o well. As long as its not by more them 25 points ha. And for my points league im in the basement at 9th out of 10 players. It was a auto-draft and i got screwed. The 2 QB's i started with were Farve and Big Ben. Well lets see Ben was suspended and Farve didnt do ****. So yea i got the big shaft on that one. I'll already like 150 points or so behind the leader. Thats alot to make up already.

For anyone in a small league look to see if SD defense is still out there and grab them quick. They gave me 28 points last week and they have OAK this week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12