Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Fantasy Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fantasy Football
    Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:58pm
Should have thought of this one earlier but o well. This is here to talk about how ur doin in ur league, moves or trades you've made that helped you, and maybe your bonehead bench of the week. Anything about fantasy football.

This is my first year playing FF. I'm in 2 leagues. A H2H league and a points league. Im 2-2 in my h2h. I lost my first 2 by about 20 points or less. So i made couple moves and my last game i beat someone with no losses and this week i play the top person, so if i beat him i'll be happy as ****. Cause hes been killing people. He has AP, LT, Wes welker, Tom Brady, Chris Cooley, Austin Collie, Steven Jackson, i could keep goin but i think you get the point. Hes team is f***ing stacked. I'll prob get my ass handed to me but o well. As long as its not by more them 25 points ha. And for my points league im in the basement at 9th out of 10 players. It was a auto-draft and i got screwed. The 2 QB's i started with were Farve and Big Ben. Well lets see Ben was suspended and Farve didnt do ****. So yea i got the big shaft on that one. I'll already like 150 points or so behind the leader. Thats alot to make up already.

For anyone in a small league look to see if SD defense is still out there and grab them quick. They gave me 28 points last week and they have OAK this week.
ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Milly

Should have thought of this one earlier but o well. This is here to talk about how ur doin in ur league, moves or trades you've made that helped you, and maybe your bonehead bench of the week. Anything about fantasy football.

This is my first year playing FF. I'm in 2 leagues. A H2H league and a points league. Im 2-2 in my h2h. I lost my first 2 by about 20 points or less. So i made couple moves and my last game i beat someone with no losses and this week i play the top person, so if i beat him i'll be happy as ****. Cause hes been killing people. He has AP, LT, Wes welker, Tom Brady, Chris Cooley, Austin Collie, Steven Jackson, i could keep goin but i think you get the point. Hes team is f***ing stacked. I'll prob get my ass handed to me but o well. As long as its not by more them 25 points ha. And for my points league im in the basement at 9th out of 10 players. It was a auto-draft and i got screwed. The 2 QB's i started with were Farve and Big Ben. Well lets see Ben was suspended and Farve didnt do ****. So yea i got the big shaft on that one. I'll already like 150 points or so behind the leader. Thats alot to make up already.

For anyone in a small league look to see if SD defense is still out there and grab them quick. They gave me 28 points last week and they have OAK this week.

This is my first year with a FF team too.  It has really made it different when watching the games because I'm rooting for individuals and not teams.  I'm in one H2H league and so far my team is 4-0.  Not sure if its beginners luck or just a crappy league.  I moved a few people around after the first week and last two weeks have been getting over 100 pts/game.  

My biggest bench regret so far was I had Jason Snelling from Atlanta on the bench the second week when they played the Cardinals.  He had 35 points that week!  I moved him to my active roster and of course he has yet to come close since.  Sigh.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 5:21pm
My worst bench so far was Jahvid Best a couple weeks ago and he got 46 or 56 points I can't remember which. Since then I don't think he's been over 8.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 8:16pm
I'm currently in two leagues, the iAMgaming league on Yahoo.com and also my familys league on ESPN.com. I am 3-1 in both leagues, sorta interesting since I got first round pick in one league and pretty much 10th pick in the other.

Best pick of course would have to be AP and Drew Brees
I really don't have anyone that sticks out for worse pick.. games are still young
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 3:12pm
I may not be the best person since it is my first season, but i'll be posting some tips or moves that have either helped me or hurt me throughout the season. For everyone that has played FF for a couple years now they might be stupid to you but then that tip isn't for you. On the other side maybe i can open some new ideas or strategies for those who are FF vets. Hopefully i can help some people, and please feel free to post some things that have helped you or things you have noticed. I won't post all them in one. I'll keep posting them as i think of them. So keep checking back.

My first tip is don't get hung-up on big names all the time. Yes most of the time they will be who you want to play, but don't play them just cause of their name when you feel someone else has a better match up that week. Just remember the bigger their name the more prep the defense will have on that player. 
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 10:05am
Alright as of now i'm 22 points up on the number one guy. He has AP and B. Edwards, and i have P. Harvin, R. Moss, and D. Keller. So yea this one isn't in the bag yet. AP is to dangerous for me to be happy yet. I have a good feeling this will end within 5 points or so of each other. Lets go MIN.
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:20pm
Didn't have a stellar week.  Basically only won because my opponent didn't make any roster changes and had two players out for injuries.  I'll take the win but its frustrating when the other player signs up then doesn't actively participate.

Lost Mark Clayton (StL) for the season this week.  Although he really hasn't been performing the last few weeks.  Also, had Ray Rice benched because of a couple less than stellar weeks but he did really well this week so I think I'll move up back up to the active roster.

I'm now 5-0 and 2 games up on the second place team.  But I think this week's game will be a close one for me. 
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:59pm

I beat the top guy who was 4-0. I ended with 124 and he ended with 83. I really didn't think id win by that much, but Harvin gave me 22 and Moss was about 14. So those 2 sealed the deal for me. I'm now 3-2 on a 3 game win streak. Hope to keep that goin.

Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 1:58pm
I had a terrible week with my team Cry.  Finally lost my first game and of course to the *one* player who would really gloat and rub it in Angry.  I'm still up by one game but my players are very beat up.  I really need to see if I can pick up a decent uninjured player or two.  Plus I had been getting decent points from Antonio Gates and Phil Rivers each week but SD is really becoming a disappointment.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 2:29pm
Yea i also lost last week. Only lost by like 8 or so. If P. Rivers would have gotten his normal points i would have won but i think he only got 12. I dropped to 3-3. I jumped 2 spots up in my points league tho. So i guess it was a trade off for the week. Even tho id rather win the h2h then the point league. Then again i'll be happy with not finishing last. prob i seem to be having is a have a couple hit or miss guys. One week they'll have like 20+ points and the next they might have 3, and it doesnt matter what team their playin. Just need some consistancy. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:19am
Guess who had Darren McFadden on her bench??? THIS GIRL!!!!! 43 POINTS!! Who would of guessed that, after being IR for so long. I bet if I put him on my active list next week he won't do crap for me! so FRUSTRATING!!!
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:11am
SO FRUSRTATING!! HAHA. I'm so glad The GB/MIN games was a high scoring game. I had Jennings, Harvin, and Moss in my points league and Harvin and Moss in my h2h league. I have about 110 in both with no players left for the points league and Witten left for the h2h, which i don't expect to much from them playing the NYG. And yep if you put McFadden in he prob won't do ****. Thats the way it always seems to work. You have Peterson tho. He should have gotten a lot of point from last night. I think he had 130 yards rushing and about 50 yards receiving plus a TD.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:16am
Plus that was kind of a freak game for OAK. McFadden will be good and get points, but no one can predict those games will happen like that. 59 points from OAK is not goin to happen often..... Ok 28 points is not goin to happen often for OAK.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 1:14pm
so frustrating poke poke poke
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Guess who had Darren McFadden on her bench??? THIS GIRL!!!!! 43 POINTS!! Who would of guessed that, after being IR for so long. I bet if I put him on my active list next week he won't do crap for me! so FRUSTRATING!!!

He was on my bench too.  Go figure...Angry  But I think I will take a risk with him in the future.  These Chargers players I have are killing me.  Ryan Mathews had a whopping 1 point!  I also have Rivers and Gates so when they have been doing as bad as they have been I suffer.  I did squeak out a win..but lucked out because my opponent had close to 100 pts sitting on their bench!
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 12:31pm
So i got back on track with a win this week. I was really confident at first cause he had one WR on a bye and a kicker on a bye. So i thought it would be an easy win. Which at the end it was but at first i got scared cause he had L. Evens as a WR and he got 28 points. So by the end of the afternoon games he had 75 points and M. Barber and the Gaints Defense left to play. At this point i only had 68 points with Harvin, Moss, and Witten left to play. Even tho Rivers was still playin at the time and it was the 4th quarter and things weren't looking good for him. Lucky for me he had a big 4th quarter. I wasn't expecting much from Witten since the Gaints D is good and they haven't gotten him the ball much this year. But all 3 did well and my match-up ended up 121 to 86 in my favor. This week coming up i play someone i work with so bragging rights are on the line. Even tho 2 of my top players are on a bye  R. Rice and A. Bolden. 
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 11:47am
Well i won last week by 10 points but i'm kinda worried this week. I'm projected to have more points this week but we all know thats never how it ends up. After looking at some of my match ups and some if his match ups, i feel he has the better chance of winning. So as of right now i am tied for 2nd at 5-3 with 2 other people. The 1st place guy is 6-2 so anyone could still win, even tho hes team is crazy stacked. I'm proud tho cause was of those loses was from me so take that ha.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 11:54am
If they keep up the pace they have been, i can tell you next years top 3 picks.

1. AP - that one is a givin. hes their work horse and that wont change
2. A. Foster - if you dont know who this is, you better learn. Your goin to hear his name alot in the coming years, and as far as points go he has been killing it game in and game out. I was winning last week by 30 points and i knew who i was goin against still had him to play yet and i was scared. Yea i only won by 8 points that week. Do the math.
3. D. McFadden - now granted this is if he can stay healthy. He will be OAK's go to guy and play maker.

Thats just my out look as of right now based on how they have done so far. So lets see how they do the second half of the season when teams start to key on them more.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 2:00pm
ok so as i mentioned before this is my first year playing. i used to think that there was atleast a little skill that went into playing this, but after my lost this week i realize there is 0% skill needed. if you would have ask me this question 4 weeks ago i would have said. Fantasy is about 10% skill and 90% luck. Now i say its 100% luck 0% skill. This week i had all the right people in and the person i went against had a defense on a bye and his TE and RB were out and he still managed to beat me by 3 points. before last nights game i was leading by 22 points and all he had playing was one WR. needless to say he got 25 points against NE. so i have some new tips for people.

1. if you sometimes get over competitive over things that are suppose to be fun, fantasy football is not for you.
2. if you think you know about football, guess what? so what! cause it doesn't matter
3. if you spend more then an hour thinking about or doin stuff with your team like i do..... STOP!!! your wasting your time.
4. this is my biggest tip for ya. if you have lucky underwear. wear them with a horseshoe necklace and a rabbits foot key chain. you'll have a better chance of winning then, then you ever would by spending time breaking down match ups and trying to pick the right players to put in.

I hope my tips help everyone. as you can tell i'm a bit bitter about losing, but i'll keep playing. i'm such a loser ha. o and if anyone else has any good luck tips i'll be more then happy to try them. no sacrificing small animals tho. i don't think i'll go that far.......... YET.........
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 3:37pm
i'm using auto draft next year. seems  to work better.
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 9:03pm
Great week!  Thumbs Up  I didn;'t have high hopes to start.  Both my TEs were on a bye (btw this is where it's not all luck...a more experienced player would have planned for that).  My starting QB (P. Rivers) was also on a bye and I didn't like my backup (Mark Sanchez) so I looked at the FA list and turns out someone had let Michael Vick go after his injury earlier this season.  I snagged him and he got a 49 point game!  I had a total of 144 pts and increased my lead to 2 games up Smile Unless things go horribly wrong I look to win my league. Woo hoo! Clap  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 10:59pm
WOAH!!! Dwayne Bowe of KC, 170 rec yds and 3 TDS!! Looks like I clinched the playoffs in my league! Nice 35 points on my team!

Anyone have Hillis from Cleveland? The guy went crazy!!! 37 points in my league!

Looks like Hockey fights are making its way to the NFL, anyone see the Texans/Titans A. Johnson and Finnegan go at it? HILARIOUS!

The Vikings won their first away game this week, (very monotone)huzzah! It was a fun weekend of football!!
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 3:07pm
I had Hillis!!  That was a nice surprise and helped lift me to a win.  My record is now 11-1 and I'm 2 games up over the person in second place.  I'm a little worried abut the playoff brackets because I'm playing against the person I played last week and I only won by a couple points Pinch

I'll definitely be interested in playing again next year.  Wasn't sure when I first started if I would like this.  But I will be looking for a different league.  Half of the people in mine aren't even actively managing their roster.  Very frustrating having some games where people have a couple players on a bye and a couple more out for injuries.  Definitely takes away from the game.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 7:36pm
Well all of my leagues are done, so far I ended 4th in my big league and 3rd in the iamgaming league. AP and Dwayne Bowe were my top guys, overall Bowe being my 5th round pick was a good decision.

One thing I learned, when playing in the Yahoo FF league, I will have the computer choose my players, GoDead wasn't there for the draft and therefore the computer took his place and he ended up with the best record and won first. I think it's extremely unfair but now I know this for next year, I just won't show up.

My little complaint for the year, I feel better now lol
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 11:36am
just wanted to throw out a couple sleeper players that are ranked pretty low but could be a good pick up, and some warning picks.

Felix Jones - ranked 72 will be the feature back this year getting the bulk of the carries with Barber gone and Choice hurt.

Dez Bryant - he will play a big part in the Cowboys offense this year. they will be designing packages just to get the ball in his hands. 1st quarter last game there was at least 5 little swing passes just so he touched the ball often in the first half.

Kevin Cobb - now not as a starting QB cause that could be risky, but as a QB for when ur top QB is on a bye. might be a good pick up for that week. Seattle has weapons if he gets the ball to them.

Sam Bradford - shouldnt pick him up as a starter but maybe a good back-up choice now that he got a year experience and showed a lot of good signs last year.

Chargers D - with getting Bob Sanders they should be pretty strong since there offense can score, which will put the other team into catch-up mode which can throw an offensive off. thats if he can stay healthy.

A good TE - a lot of times a good TE gets overlooked but can really make or break a close match. dont be afraid to get a good TE high only cause theres so few of them.

Big Ben - im pretty sure he is ranked kinda low but he is a good pick up. hes consistent and can keep play alive, and usually plays through anything.

Cowboys D - i wouldnt pick them up right away. this is a wait and see pick, but keep ur eye on them. they have a new d-coach which he will want to make a statement in his first year there. so it will either turn into a good aggression or over-aggression and team will pick it apart.

Mark Sanches - i think a lot of people are thinking he will have a big year cause of getting Burress, but Burress has been pretty hit and miss the past couple years that he has played. plus hes taking the spot of Edwards so i dont see much gain. so id be careful of this pick up.

Greg Jennings - is ranked really low for what he can do with Rodgers. he had a quiet beginning last year but later in the year Rodgers made it a point to get him involved and he delivered. i expect him to get the ball often all season.

Payton Manning - just have someone to be ready for the first couple games. from what i hear he might be missing them. so if ur goin with Manning make sure u have a capable back-up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>