FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Features of the Game

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Features of the Game
    Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:01am
this i will LOVE!!!

1. My Home
Interact with friends, on and off the track

The "My Home" screen is home to your complete game progress and shows how far you have left to go. From the My Home screen you can access three distinct areas: GT LIFE, Profiles, and Community. GT Life was previously revealed at GamesCom, and at TGS further details of the community aspect of Gran Turismo 5 were revealed in detail.

Simple Communication Via the Friend List

A major feature of the Community in Gran Turismo 5 is of course the private online racing between you and your PlayStation®Network friends, but there is also a variety of communication features at your fingertips. Among them is a message board, mail, and sharing of screenshots and custom courses made with Course Maker.

Online Racing Between Friends

Hang out with friends in your My Lounge private racing room within Community, where up to 16 friends can gather to hold online races.

Lend and Borrow AI Drivers to Gain Experience

There is also a special mode in Community called "Remote Races" where you can compete in B-Spec mode by selecting an AI driver and a car of your own to pit against a friend's AI driver and car. Your friends must set their drivers to "public" for you to race against them.

This also means that in turn, any AI drivers that you set to be public may be called out to race by friends from your friends list. When this happens, your AI drivers will participate in your friends' remote races even without your knowledge.

You can watch the races that you host in Remote Races, but you will not be able to give your drivers any direction as a race director like you can in the standard B-spec mode. This is to keep the races with your friends' online AI drivers fair, as they won't be there to coach their drivers.

2. Dynamic Weather System
Experience Real-Time Weather Changes with Realistic Rain (Good thing cars now have working wipers)

In addition to the time transition feature announced at E3 in June, where you can experience the day to night transition of time during a race, Gran Turismo 5 will also have real-time weather changes on select tracks.

Factors like temperature, pressure and humidity are all calculated to help simulate weather conditions that change dynamically. Rainfall will alter the course scenery and conditions, changing the dynamics of the race. Combined with new visual effects like time transitions and realistic tire smoke simulation, Gran Turismo 5 offers a detailed and immersive racing experience like no other.

Just imagine racing as the early evening sky turns purple. You start to see sprinkles of rain hit your windshield. Rain drops are lit by headlights ahead of you, and mist from the tires of the car in front of you blankets your windshield. You hit the wipers to clear your view of the road and get back to the task at hand: finishing the race and hopefully coming in first.

3. Tracks
Popular Tracks From the Past, Rebuilt to GT5 Quality

In addition to the new courses appearing in Gran Turismo 5, you can also expect to see select fan-favorites from past Gran Turismo titles.

While these modern recreations have been rebuilt from scratch to drastically improve their quality, they still maintain the allure of the original courses that fans know and love. Get ready to re-experience these tracks for the first time.

4. Cars
Brand New Cars to the Gran Turismo Lineup

In-depth details of four exciting new vehicles from among the over 1,000 cars appearing in Gran Turismo 5.

Citroën GT by Citroën Race Car

Volkswagen typ2(T1) SambaBus

Volkswagen Kubelwagen typ82

Volkswagen Schwimmwagen typ166

But the coolest feature...

Course Maker
Make an Original Course to Share With Your Friends

Gran Turismo 5 introduces the Course Maker feature, which allows you to generate your own original tracks.

Select the environment and terrain, and then adjust a variety of parameters such as course length and corner sharpness to easily create a variety of tracks that match your taste. When you've created something you really like, share your original track with your friends online, and use them to race against your friends in My Lounge.

Course Maker adds a wealth of racing options to expand and customize your Gran Turismo experience.

Select an environment and terrain type from a variety of options.
Adjust a variety of parameters and generate an original course based on those settings.

If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:16pm
Course.. maker?  Damn.. I have to get this game now.  I haven't seen such a thing since HSX (Hyper Sonic Xtreme Racing) and RC Revenge Pro.  HSX's one was far cooler, since you could add buildings, morph the terrain, and make loop-de-loops, because it was a futuristic racing game.  Anyhow, I already know what I want to make.  Sure, others will surely make them, but I want my own.  A track with a REALLY long straight-away, so I can get to my top speed in almost every car, like Test Track on GT3.  Even on that track, I seem to often fall short of top speed in some of my cars.  Also, I'd make a Bristol clone, along with a Richmond clone.  I loved the latter track on NASCAR 2003 and Bristol's usually awesome in the real races.

Oh, I forgot Modnation Racers, but I have to get it.  I think my copy of HSX still works, but I would have to beat the game again to unlock most of the track editor items.  I've since lost the save file where I beat it.
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:46pm
Yeah When I heard about the course maker I was sold.  This game will never die.
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 11:04am
Boogie is right! This game will never die with course maker.

Hey Esther, can you post a features page on NFS: Hot Pursuit if you haven't already
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Ppareja76

Boogie is right! This game will never die with course maker.

Hey Esther, can you post a features page on NFS: Hot Pursuit if you haven't already

done papa
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 11:05am
Mastering Driving Techniques
License
Complete a variety of mini-events to learn everything from basic driving skills to advanced racing techniques.
Practice
Take your favorite or newest car for a spin on the track for some solo practice time. Great for learning difficult tracks, mastering cornering techniques, and setting up your car for optimum performance.

Collecting and Enjoying Your Cars
Garage
Your garage stores your entire car collection, and has been designed to make it easy to organize and view the 1,000+ cars in the game. Of course you'll have to work hard to win races and earn enough credits to unlock them all. 

You can access your garage through the GT Life home screen, and it also makes an appearance in other places in the game as a car collection management tool.

Garage list view

Buying and Upgrading
Car Dealer
Visit the car dealer to purchase new cars with credits earned from racing, or to just browse and window shop for the ultimate dream car or performance machine from the 1,000+ cars in the game.

Used Car Dealer
Save some credits by buying used. The lineup changes depending on when you visit, so keep coming back to discover rare finds.

Tuning Shop
Upgrade and tune your car with a wide variety of performance parts, including tires, suspension kits, body, chassis, exhaust systems, and engine parts.

My Lounge
A Private Space for the Ultimate Track Day

In Gran Turismo 5, every player has his or her very own private racing lobby online called "My Lounge." Only people on your PlayStation®Network Friends list can enter.

In My Lounge, players can pick the track of their choice, set up custom race regulations, and hold private custom racing events with their friends. Up to 16 players can race at the same time. It's even possible to sit back and watch without having to join the race yourself, with a variety of race camera views available. People in the lounge can even do free runs around the track before the race begins.

Imagine this: You set a time for a race using the in-game messaging feature, and wait for people to gather while you do free runs around the track. Your friends start to join, with people doing laps to warm up. Once everyone has arrived, it's time to race. Anybody not racing can watch the race live and chat with everyone else there.

Watch live races via one of many different camera angles.
Monitor the lap times and best section times of friends as they race, and chat by voice or text.
Jump to a camera view like this to watch the race from the perspective of the drivers.

Kart Racing
Discover a Whole New Dimension of Racing

Gran Turismo 5 marks the very first time kart racing has been available in a Gran Turismo game. Karts are a popular way for car enthusiasts and aspiring race car drivers to experience racing firsthand, and in the context of Gran Turismo 5 karts provide a great way to practice and master racing techniques on a smaller and safer scale.

And of course kart racing in Gran Turismo 5 won't be anything like your average kart racing game. The driving physics and dynamic characteristics have been meticulously recreated through the game's brand-new advanced physics engine, based on the kart's unique size, ride height, tires, aerodynamics and engine, making racing a kart feel just as realistic as any of the other cars in the game. Kart racing delivers a whole new layer of fun and excitement to Gran Turismo 5.

more to come...

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 11:03pm
Simulating Reality:
Visual Effects Through Cutting-Edge Technology
'Morning skies present the perfect backdrop for a country drive--or race.
Night is quickly approaching.

Gran Turismo 5 sets out to create a variety of new technological standards challenges, and one of the most impressive advances are in the visual effects department.

For example, Gran Turismo 5 now realistically recreates the passage of time.

What starts as a clear afternoon with the sun high in the sky, turns to a red sky as dusk approaches and the sun gets closer to the horizon, and eventually turns to the enveloping darkness of night. This passage of time within a single location changes the mood and dynamics of the race.

Dust Kicked Up By The Car Is Illuminated By The Tail Lights
Click the image above to view the video.

Note the details seen in these night scenes. Not only does the scenery light up realistically with the light from the headlights, the dust clouds that follow the cars light up with head and taillights. These kinds of every day sights are what bring Gran Turismo 5 that much closer to reality.

Post Reply Post Reply