Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > Killzone 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Killzone 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killzone 3
    Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 1:15am
they did it this way in KZ3. three packs with two maps each. i prefer warzone but they do need to add some operations maps.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 9:23pm
yO BAIN, Do you have those two $4.99 add on pieces for KZ3 from the pSn store & if so how are they?  I got em yesterday but havent had the chance too try em out..
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 11:07pm
i like the warzone map the best. it's set in a large warehouse, kind of maze-like. the games get real frantic since it's a small map. two spawnpoints in the middle, no jetpacks, exos or mortar beacons. the guerilla warfare map has lots of jetpacks and two exos. it's pretty good. i like to snipe on it. it's raining and set in a junkyard so it has kind of a grungy mood to it.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 10:44am
Originally posted by BAIN

i like the warzone map the best. it's set in a large warehouse, kind of maze-like. the games get real frantic since it's a small map. two spawnpoints in the middle, no jetpacks, exos or mortar beacons. the guerilla warfare map has lots of jetpacks and two exos. it's pretty good. i like to snipe on it. it's raining and set in a junkyard so it has kind of a grungy mood to it.

Sounds like pure chaos, Now i'm excited too try em out...
Is there heavy spawn camp'n on that small map? LoL
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 10:58am
yes but there's several exits from each spawnpoint so if you're smart you can get around it. but at the objectives you don't have a choice. you have to attack.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 11:04am
Nice, I'm sure i'll get a few cheap kills on confused nOObs...Do you think there will be more downloadable content down the road?  Oh yeah, Are the Clan Leaderboards legit?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 11:09am
they released three map packs with two maps each for KZ2 so i think we'll get more for KZ3. i don't know about the boards, never looked at them.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 11:55am
Stahls factory or whateva its called is really intense...lots of melees and gun action. Some good sniper points if u play as marksman but its not my thing, I like tactical battles, team play and action I go and get rather than sit and wait. playing as tactician or engineer (cos they seem to b in short supply in this map) or as infiltrator depending on the objective. I know if I go for marksman class i'll b running around the map with silencer in place.
Only played the rain map once its a visual feast but way too many snipers for it to be a balanced/competitve match for all KZ classes. Jet packs and XOs make it different from the other guerilla maps but its too cheap, more like warfare than tdm! I wish they did a CTF mode even if it was with the damn propaganda speaker it would still b fun so long as the invisible campers couldnt camp the flag room!  
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 12:39pm
i like how the three capture and hold points are real close in Stahls factory. easy to get into the action. and yes, sniping is good on that map. i sit at the end of the long walkway that is about halfway up in the map when the other team is coming in to plant. it works good when my team has the easy entrances covered and the other team tries sneaking around to the back.
on the Junkyard map, on the side with the buildings, theres a ledge you can get up on with a jetpack. it's an awesome place to snipe from.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:00pm
i know what u mean on Stahls factory there's a sniper spot at the top of the tower and some units that cloaked marksmen snipe and hide/cover from. Spots on either side that cover snipers too, it can be a real pain if the opposing team know how to hold that position or if ur team doesnt see the tactical advantage of the area. Be careful if ur playing against me cos i place charges to the side of the units then I will launch a rocket from the ladder on that level if I see snipers camping the location.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 2:49pm
I love going outta my way too $h!t on a camp'n sniper...Now only if i could sign onto pSn & play these maps!
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 3:14pm
I'm one of those snipers
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 7:21pm
Cloaked marksman with scoped weapon and scrambler so they never get detected I mean wtf! Mind u there is nothing better than getting revenge on a marksman by bagging 'em. My best melee was in operations on the dam. 3 snipers across the other side of the map got me twice so I changed to infiltrator and flanked them. I killed em 5 plus 2 with the shotgun b4 i was tagged - they kept re-spawning at the same spot lol. Normally tho I come off second best with snipers esp in guerilla warfare.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:55am
I NEED TO MELEE SOMEONE SOON OR I'M GOING TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ournemesis View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote ournemesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by BAIN

I NEED TO MELEE SOMEONE SOON OR I'M GOING TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I felt your pain until I bought the xbox yesterday . Looking forward to finish ranking up in KZ3 .I had to ask shiny to help me out for the two trophies for co-op and get the platinum .I would have not done that if sony did not go down , love the mutliplayer too much .
cannon_nemesis iAM_Avenger GOW_Nemesis
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:58pm
lol u can do the co-op trophies urself if u hv an extra controller, u dnt even have to play the 2nd guy....when he gets left too far behind, the game just teleports him forward
ournemesis View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote ournemesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

lol u can do the co-op trophies urself if u hv an extra controller, u dnt even have to play the 2nd guy....when he gets left too far behind, the game just teleports him forward
True , but if either player dies then your sent back to the last save point . My teleporting guy cannot defend himself and makes the game annoying.
cannon_nemesis iAM_Avenger GOW_Nemesis
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 6:34pm
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 9:26pm
This is the most graphically intense game that I have ever played - bar none. Any publisher, or developer or console manufacturer that wishes to push the limits of what can be visually achieved in a video game needs to benchmark K3 & hope for the best.

Online is brutal & not for the faint of heart. I'm still very much a nOOb, but I'll come into my own eventually. In fact, my ONLY gripe with K3 is that the campaign is painfully short. It was over before I knew it, even tho I literally took my sweet-a$$ time getting stoned & staring at the amazing graphics.

I've never exchanged a single word with BBBAAAiiiNNN on iAMGaY... But after purchasing this game 15 days ago, I now understand why he was so pumped up about it. This game is a perfect 10 & I challenge any game designer to outdo what Guerrilla has created from a visual standpoint.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 10:11am
glad you like it. i actually know someone who gets ill from playing this game online. definitely not for the faint of heart, lol.

i've been having some random freeze issues since the patch. they only last about three seconds but are annoying as hell. anyone else getting these?
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 3:35pm
Glad u like it too J Rivers, u should squad up with A-R and Bain, the strength of KZ3 online is the team. For me it used to freeze b4 PSN but Ive not encountered it since. Actually ive not been playing much cos of work and ramping up my PC with a capture card and Blu Ray RW. The times ive been on ive noticed I forgot how to play the damn game. Usually im a tactician but I haven't been using radar or drone just running round shooting. Ive even 4got how to melee lol.
I can say its the only other online FPS ive actually enjoyed UT apart. BFBC2 is cool but i was still into UT3 to give it a serious go and COD is COD...good, sometimes great but mostly just COD. Only criticism about KZ3 besides the lack of maps (and modes) is the sniper class is way too powerful. play Stahls factory and you'll know what I mean. C'mon UT3 community get in on KZ3 b4 MW3 or BFBC3 drops!

summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 1:20am
Yeah, i've been quite occupied with BO, I guess I have to test my KZ3 skillz once in a while. I still like the KZ3 sniper class (maybe because of what you stated earlier Trin) over any other game's sniper. I guess it's that awesome cloak *puts the ring in his finger and vanishes*
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Zellot

this one's for killzone
btw that was hilarious LOL
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by summ3rblink

Yeah, i've been quite occupied with BO, I guess I have to test my KZ3 skillz once in a while. I still like the KZ3 sniper class (maybe because of what you stated earlier Trin) over any other game's sniper. I guess it's that awesome cloak *puts the ring in his finger and vanishes*
yes u do luv sniper class lol and operations too. DL Stahls factory and come play warzone I have my mic working again now. Im recording some KZ3 too but it causes a slight delay in the action, come play KZ and i'll make u a star baby!btw I just realised ive been using rocket launcher as a second primary weapon but i should be using it as a secondary and carrying extra ammo. I get more charges that way too - nice. Wish someone had pointed this out earlier tho
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 1:30pm

NEW MAPACK AVAILABLE TODAY!!!!!

"From The Ashes" will have two retro maps and two new maps. The retro maps are Radec Academy and Tharsis Depot (two of my favorites from KZ2). The new maps are Mobile Factory and Lente Missile Base. The map pack costs $4.99 or if you don't have the other two map packs you can get them all in a bundle for $9.99.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>