FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews, Previews and other Goodies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews, Previews and other Goodies
    Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 4:39pm
LOLOLOL!! @ HELs nice man you tell em
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 11:51am

Killzone 3 Single-Player Preview

By Jake Gaskill - Posted Dec 16, 2010  

Killzone 3

The first things I notice when I drop into battle are the muted booms and pops in the distance, somewhere northeast of my drop point. As I make my way to my troops, who are attempting to make headway against an entrenched swarm of Helghast, I take cover behind some crates as laser scopes flicker past my head and my tank rolls into the narrow battlefield, unleashing rockets at the various Helghast mortar and fire teams perched on the rocks up ahead. A grenade whizzes by my head just as I run up to the nearest enemy soldier and plunge my knife into his chest before twisting his neck to a fatal degree. Trails of rocket smoke crisscross the air like ghostly clotheslines, as the last of the Helghast forces are dropped by the remaining members of my squad. With explosions and gunfire still ringing in my ears, I calmly put the PlayStation 3 controller down, and let my brain have a moment to breath as I wait for the next section of the preview level to begin. That was just my first five minutes with Killzone 3.
The scene described above was just the opening portion of a single, multi-part campaign level from Guerilla Games’ eagerly awaited threequel that I recently had a chance to play through. Without any proper context, I couldn’t really tell you what the purpose of all the gorgeously rendered and skull rattling gun fights were all about, other than that the primary goal of this section was to bring down a a Mawler, a skysc****r-tall Helghan mech (presumably because a world with one less Helghan mech is a much better world).

L.A. Noire Facial Recognition Tech Video Drops, Perfectly Maps Jaws

The handful of cutscenes in this preview level establish that some very clear tensions have risen between the player (aka Sgt. Tomas Sevchenko), Sgt. Rico Velasquez, and Capt. Narville. Once it becomes clear that Narville is in the wrong regarding the current plan of attack (i.e. taking out that huge mech I mentioned earlier), you fight your way through a trench lined with Helghasts packing flamethrowers. The fire effects, and all the effects in general, are quite spectacular.

As you move through the trench, the mech towers above, unleashing a massive energy blast every few seconds that rips apart the sky with light and sound, and raining down mortars and missiles all around you. As you can probably tell, if there’s one thing Killzone 2 fans don’t have to worry about in Killzone 3 it is whether the follow up will deliver a sensory overload on par with the previous game, because even after this 20-30 minute section, it felt like my ears and eyes had run wind sprints and been punched in their naughty bits about 14 times.

Killzone 3

In order to bring down the giant machine, you have to use the multi-missile launching Wasp to destroy ventilation panels located on the top of the spidery mech’s head. Firing from the hip with the Wasp unleashes a flurry of missiles that twist and turn wildly and then decimate their intended target. Using the gun’s sights lets you lock onto a target and fire a single cluster bomb of sorts that creates one massive explosion, perfect for taking out, say, exposed ventilation panels on a 300-foot tall death machine.

This section of the battle also features some great demonstrations of environmental destruction. There are a series of three concrete bunkers that house ammo and weapons that end up as nothing but piles of rubble and steel framing by the time this phase of the battles is completed. Blasting holes through the walls has a clear Battlefield: Bad Company 2 feel to it, which could end up lending a nice sense of strategy and choice to certain battles later on in the game assuming there are environments that allow for it.

The concluding sequence of the level has you riding aboard a transport ship, circling the weakened yet still highly functional mech, and packing a powerful machine gun with unlimited ammo. As you are flown around the behemoth, you have to take out more panels, turrets, and missile launchers. The scope of this final showdown is simply spectacular, with ships, rockets, and exhaust blasts encircling your field of view, and the sound design just further drives home the epic scale of the battle.

Killzone 3

In terms of controls, Killzone 3 feels more fluid and snappier than its predecessor. I actually played through the Killzone 2 demo again to compare the feel of both games, and the differences were pretty apparent. Even on the default sensitivity, the aiming was much faster than even the highest sensitivity setting in Killzone 2. I also tried out the game’s entirely optional Move control scheme, and while they did grow on me a little bit by the second time I played through the level, it’s just too clunky to be a viable option for hardcore players.

One of the main problems is that you have to aim at the borders of the screen in order to move the camera where you want to look, which means a lot of overturning and then having to aim back to the other side of the screen to bring the camera back to the center. Of course, by then an enemy has had more than enough time to unload an entire clip into your neck.

Killzone 3

Presentation wise, the game doesn’t seem leaps and bounds beyond what was seen in Killzone 2, but the exhausting mech-battling section I played through featured more than enough visual flourishes and details to definitely make me excited to see what the rest of the game has in store when it hits shelves on February 22, 2011, even if it does turn my head into an over-stimulated ball of mush (and I mean that in the best way possible).

FROM G4TV
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 11:58am

Killzone 3 Updated Hands-On -- New Boss and Co-op Details

By Shaun McInnis, GameSpotPosted Dec 16, 2010 5:02 pm GMT

It's out of the arctic and into the dirty industrial wasteland with our latest trek through the Helghast home world.

There's a boss fight in Killzone 3 where you go up against something called the MAWLR. To be honest, we're not entirely sure what that acronym stands for--trying to decipher its name wasn't exactly our biggest priority while we were fighting the thing. We suppose that's just how the human brain functions when you're battling a giant robot-crab monster the size of a skysc****r.

You'll forgive us if we're a little fixated on this boss fight. The MAWLR battle was easily the highlight of a new demo Sony recently sent our way, a jaunt through the Helghast homeworld that takes place far away from the snowy Frozen Shores level that was demoed back at the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Instead, you're dropped into a dingy brown industrial wasteland where the sweeping winds and chaotic sounds of warfare create a thoroughly ominous atmosphere. It's very much a setting that is in keeping with Guerrilla Games' penchant for haggard beauty; it's not the sort of level you'd want to visit in a million years, but it still kind of makes you stare at it mouth agape.

The demo itself was a brief taste of on-foot and airborne combat. You start in a big shoot-out trying to push your way uphill against a cavalcade of Helghast, those signature enemies with the glowing red eyes and easily exploited weakness for getting stabbed in the eye (something you can take advantage of with the new "brutal melee system"). A little while later, you wind up in the trenches going up against Helghast soldiers outfitted with flamethrowers. The common theme in all of these areas is this: Take it slow, don't be a hero. Killzone 3 is not Call of Duty. You need to hide behind cover, pick off enemies from far away, and make sure you don't go charging headfirst into a cluster of enemies. Otherwise, you're toast.

Your arsenal along the way helps you adapt to a variety of situations. There's the standard-issue ISA assault rifle with the familiar green dot sight, which is an all-purpose gun that proves useful more often than not. For close-range warfare, there's also a three-barreled handgun that fires a trio of shells at once--a gun that packs a nasty punch. This one comes in handy in the trench areas, as does the shotgun with surprising effectiveness at range.

But then, all of that slow, measured pacing gets thrown out the window when you eventually come face-to-face with the MAWLR. You don't really know what to think at first--it's just sort of this towering thing that dominates the sky, which you could easily mistake for a building. Then, of course, it starts moving, billowing out smoke, and shooting rockets at you. And that's when you think to yourself, "Oh. So…I have to kill this thing?"

We won't spoil how to defeat the MAWLR, other than say that it's got the usual glowing orange weak spots you'd expect and that you'll need to take care of a few annoying Helghast who show up halfway through your encounter with it. But the scale of this thing is something else. It's a behemoth blocking out the sun, moving around with an ominous groaning and filling the sky with smoke as you wear it down.

Once you're done, you're whisked up into the sky on an ISA airship to man the turret gun. To describe this sequence in detail would spoil what happens after the boss battle, so we'll just say that it's a nice change of pace from all the on-foot combat that leads up to it. Guerrilla has said that it's trying hard to include more set piece battles in Killzone 3 to provide more variety and cinematic mayhem than its predecessor offered, and this seems to be one such good example. Plus, the turret never overheats, and that's just awesome.

Circling back to the start of the demo, you're given the option to play either solo or via split-screen co-op. This is, of course, a brand-new feature for Killzone 3. There weren't a whole lot of criticisms you could lob at its critically acclaimed predecessor, but one valid critique about Killzone 2 was that it seemed like a game perfectly suited for co-op play--what with the nearly constant presence of a squadmate or two throughout the campaign. Now, the sequel is taking advantage of that group mentality by letting you and a friend share the screen (you're each given a vertical slice of the screen on either side) and go through the entire story campaign as a pair. The game doesn't change much with co-op. There was a noticeable frame rate drop during the action-heavy scenes, but it was still very playable--and being able to share in the experience of taking down that MAWLR with a friend is an undeniably added bonus. So, in short, co-op is now an added option, but the entire feel of the campaign and structure of the game hasn't been overhauled or re-tooled for co-op. This isn't suddenly Army of Two--it's Killzone with the optional bonus of killing Helghast with a friend.

After this latest run-through of the Helghast homeworld, Killzone 3 still looks every bit the highly anticipated shooter we had it pegged as after E3. Now, we've just got a better picture of how some of the non-arctic environments will look, as well as how some of the bigger boss fights are going to shake out. Look for the final version to arrive in stores on February 22.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 12:01pm

Killzone 3 Move preview: Point and shoot

by Randy Nelson on Dec 18th 2010 12:00PM

Two months from now, Sony will launch its latest salvo in the first-party, first-person shooter wars, Killzone 3. While we've already taken a look at the game's single-player (in 3D) and multiplayer modes, we've previously only see a brief video demonstration of another one of its bullet-point features: PlayStation Move support.

I spent a good part of the past week playing the latest pre-release version of Killzone 3, examining the ups and downs of using Move (with the companion navigation controller) in place of the standard DualShock 3 controller. After making the initial, somewhat awkward adjustment to literally pointing-and-shooting Helghast troopers, I can say that my experience has ultimately been a positive one.

Killzone 3 (12/17/10)

One of the goals of merging motion controls with the console FPS genre has always seemed to be to bring the experience closer to the quick precision offered with mouse and keyboard controls (as opposed to a gamepad). While playing Killzone 3 with Move does introduce a degree of precision in aiming more akin to mouse control, there's more to it than that.

For one, when you aim using the Move controller, the on-screen gun doesn't follow immediately -- just the crosshairs, which turn red over enemies and yellow when you're pointing at foes that are behind cover. Your gun trails behind the reticule's movement a bit, giving the impression that there's some heft to it; rather than the way it works in, say, Quake, where the gun and crosshairs are always in sync

The Move is dead-on.

When playing with Move, I actually shot "from the hip" more than I aimed "down the sights" (as I would with the DualShock), primarily because the Move controls are precise enough to do so. Where I'd normally need to aim down the sights (i.e., zoom in) with a gamepad to target specific body parts on an enemy, I was shooting Helghan kneecaps and helmets with ease from the standard, hip-level view with Move. Of course, you can still zoom in with Move as needed -- like when enemies are taking cover -- but that's when the motion-control setup throws a curve ball: The crosshairs automatically "snap" to the nearest enemy when you pull the zoom-trigger on the navigation controller. In fact, the bad guys become framed in a glowing rectangle, and your gun automatically moves when they do, tracking them. It's a lock-on mechanic, and it made the game too easy for me.

While I suppose some players might appreciate this level of aiming assistance, I was thankful to find an option to toggle it off in the pause menu. In addition, there's the requisite sensitivity adjustment, in case the reticule is darting around the screen too quickly (or dragging along too slowly) for your tastes.

Holding down the primary, zigzagging "Move" button allows you to crouch and, when near cover, to stick to it, and I definitely prefer this new cover control to how the mechanic is executed with the DualShock. I was also impressed with how accurately I could aim with the Move when zooming down the sights of the gun, even with the auto-aim assist turned off. It was as if I was shining a laser pointer on my target, and any sense of the gun's momentum that sometimes causes me to "over-aim" when I'm using a gamepad's analog stick was gone. The Move is dead-on.

Smashing in a Helghast's face -- or stabbing him, snapping his neck, and so on -- is equally satisfying and as easy as thrusting the Move controller forward. Actually, "thrusting" makes it sound like it takes more effort than it really does. The Move is excellent at picking up subtle movements, and in this case, a gentle poke suffices for a melee kill. A similarly gentle shake of the Move controller reloads your weapon, so you don't have to take your thumb off the crouch button in order to press the Square-button and pop in a fresh clip (though you can do that).

So, after lots of playing on the Move, I decided to go back to using the standard controller. I have to say, it wasn't easy. While turning the character's head and body is quicker with an analog stick, the Move is much more precise at aiming within the character's current field of vision. I was also now more aware of the (frequent!) times I had to take my thumb off of the right stick to reload with a button press.

While I don't anticipate playing Killzone 3 in 3D, I am now committed to using the Move for my first full playthrough of the game. Not only does its integration seem justified to me, but I'm sold on its improved accuracy and greater sense of immersion over the DualShock controller. Guerrilla Games has shown me that even when a game isn't expressly designed for motion controls, the experience can be heightened with PlayStation Move.
BaconWizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 7:31pm
Yay for the Move! it can get better.
God Gives Head In Heaven
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:16pm

Killzone 3 Single Player Demo Coming On February 16

By Aryeh Loeb, posted Jan 26 2011 12:00AM
Comments (10)

Killzone 3. The jet-packs. The Brutal Melee. The PlayStation Move. The 3D!

Ever wanted to get your hands on the action? Killzone 3 may not be out until 02.22.11 but we’re giving you a chance to hop into the “Icy Incursion” level that takes place halfway through the campaign.

• February 16th is the day that Killzone 3′s Single Player demo hits the PlayStation Store.

• PlayStation Plus members will be able to download the demo on February 9th, so strap on that jet-pack and take flight through the arctic environments of Helghan.

There will be two separate downloads available from the PlayStation Store: one in 2D and one in 3D. Both versions will take place on the “Icy Incursion” level. Don’t worry – downloading the 3D version and playing it on your 2D TV won’t break anything… you’ll just see a message saying “No 3D TV detected.” The 2D version has splitscreen co-op as well, a feature not available in the 3D demo.

These demos will be PlayStation Move-enabled, giving gamers a chance to experience Killzone 3 with the most immersive controls. When you get your hands on the demo, be sure to try out one of my favorite new mechanics, the Brutal Melee attacks. Get close to your enemy and hit the melee button (or thrust your PlayStation Move motion controller at the screen).

The aiming and movement mechanics have been tightened since Killzone 2; play around with them and let us know what you think.

Stay tuned to Killzone.com as we give out more details on the upcoming multiplayer Open Beta!

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:18pm

Killzone 3 Invades PlayStation Home

By Victor Zuylen, posted Jan 25 2011 12:00AM

Beginning on Thursday, January 27th, the American Central Plaza will be transformed into the last remaining ISA stronghold when Killzone 3 Invades PlayStation Home. Join the remaining members of the ISA as they defend Home against the relentless Helghast assault!

European combatants won't be left out of the action; they can join the battle by visiting the ISA dropship in Home Square, that will transport them to the Central Plaza.

The Central Plaza Defender is a first-person shooter that pits you against wave after wave of Helghast forces. Fire at the approaching enemy forces to shoot down Helghast air units, infantry units, and dropships. Alternatively, assist gunners by collecting and delivering ammunition and first aid. Complete challenges to be granted exclusive PlayStation Home rewards. Furthermore, completing all three levels will grant you three Unlock Points, which can be redeemed for new weapons and abilities in Killzone 3 multiplayer.

The enemy is well-armed, resilient, and fuelled by Visari’s martyrdom. Your success will require both a strong sustained offensive and support from your unit. Be sure to log in to PlayStation Home this Thursday to play this exclusive game and assist in the defence of Home from the Helghast invasion forces.

Please note that all recruits must be 18 years or older.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 12:22pm
Killzone 3 Open Beta Coming to the PSN on the 3rd of February
By Chris Weatherhead, posted Jan 21 2011 12:00AM
Comments (102)

It’s Friday and it is a good news day!  Between the 3rd and the 15th of February, you will be able to download and play the Killzone 3 Open Beta from the PlayStation Store.

This Beta will offer you exclusive early access to the MP05 ‘Frozen Dam’ multiplayer level from Killzone 3, including all three online multiplayer modes – Guerrilla Warfare, Warzone and Operations – as well as the offline multiplayer mode, Botzone. A sprawling asymmetrical map set in an old dam facility, the playing field in MP05 has been carefully tailored to fit each of the multiplayer modes.

These are the four multiplayer modes included with the Open Beta: be available in the final game:

Guerrilla Warfare (16 players)

Guerrilla Warfare is a standalone multiplayer mode similar to classic Team Deathmatch: You and your teammates must try to kill as many of the opposing team as you can before the timer runs out. In this mode, only the downstream monitor houses and repair bay are accessible, giving the map a very frantic pace.

Warzone (24 players)

If you’ve played Killzone 2, you may already be familiar with Warzone. It’s a round-based multiplayer campaign that consists of five randomly ordered mini-missions. In this mode the power house and penstocks directly under the dam are accessible as well, so there’s more room to come up with different strategies and approaches to your goal.

Operations (16 players)

Operations is a new multiplayer campaign which aims to deliver a more cinematic, story-based gameplay experience, similar to that of Killzone 3’s single-player mode. It consists of a sequence of linear mini-missions, in which the ISA must try to secure the docks and destroy the dam, while the Helghast must try to protect the dam facility.

Botzone (16 players)

Botzone is an offline multiplayer mode ideal for those looking to get to grips with the controls, the weapons or the map layout before going up against live players. Each of the aforementioned multiplayer modes can be played offline, against CPU-controlled opponents.

For details of all the multiplayer maps in Killzone 3, see our map feature here.

Over the next couple of weeks keep your eyes on the PlayStation Blog and on Killzone.com for more information.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 4:14pm
Kaznan Jungle Multiplayer Action

Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 6:56pm
yo i'm loving that map bain it looks fake as hell but cool as f*** for a all out frag fest
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:08pm
Hey Bain, when does this game come out again?

lololol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 10:50am
FEBRUARY 22nd, 2011
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 7:11pm
i think bain is getting this game for sure
-CYAN1DE- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -CYAN1DE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 3:30am
Great reviews BAIN! Thank you.
This game looks so damn sweet, can't wait till it comes out.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 11:33am
Originally posted by env_1ner

i think bain is getting this game for sure
Already bought and paid for. Just waitin for delivery.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by BAIN

Killzone 3 Move preview: Point and shoot

by Randy Nelson on Dec 18th 2010 12:00PM

Two months from now, Sony will launch its latest salvo in the first-party, first-person shooter wars, Killzone 3. While we've already taken a look at the game's single-player (in 3D) and multiplayer modes, we've previously only see a brief video demonstration of another one of its bullet-point features: PlayStation Move support.

I spent a good part of the past week playing the latest pre-release version of Killzone 3, examining the ups and downs of using Move (with the companion navigation controller) in place of the standard DualShock 3 controller. After making the initial, somewhat awkward adjustment to literally pointing-and-shooting Helghast troopers, I can say that my experience has ultimately been a positive one.

Killzone 3 (12/17/10)

One of the goals of merging motion controls with the console FPS genre has always seemed to be to bring the experience closer to the quick precision offered with mouse and keyboard controls (as opposed to a gamepad). While playing Killzone 3 with Move does introduce a degree of precision in aiming more akin to mouse control, there's more to it than that.

For one, when you aim using the Move controller, the on-screen gun doesn't follow immediately -- just the crosshairs, which turn red over enemies and yellow when you're pointing at foes that are behind cover. Your gun trails behind the reticule's movement a bit, giving the impression that there's some heft to it; rather than the way it works in, say, Quake, where the gun and crosshairs are always in sync

The Move is dead-on.

When playing with Move, I actually shot "from the hip" more than I aimed "down the sights" (as I would with the DualShock), primarily because the Move controls are precise enough to do so. Where I'd normally need to aim down the sights (i.e., zoom in) with a gamepad to target specific body parts on an enemy, I was shooting Helghan kneecaps and helmets with ease from the standard, hip-level view with Move. Of course, you can still zoom in with Move as needed -- like when enemies are taking cover -- but that's when the motion-control setup throws a curve ball: The crosshairs automatically "snap" to the nearest enemy when you pull the zoom-trigger on the navigation controller. In fact, the bad guys become framed in a glowing rectangle, and your gun automatically moves when they do, tracking them. It's a lock-on mechanic, and it made the game too easy for me.

While I suppose some players might appreciate this level of aiming assistance, I was thankful to find an option to toggle it off in the pause menu. In addition, there's the requisite sensitivity adjustment, in case the reticule is darting around the screen too quickly (or dragging along too slowly) for your tastes.

Holding down the primary, zigzagging "Move" button allows you to crouch and, when near cover, to stick to it, and I definitely prefer this new cover control to how the mechanic is executed with the DualShock. I was also impressed with how accurately I could aim with the Move when zooming down the sights of the gun, even with the auto-aim assist turned off. It was as if I was shining a laser pointer on my target, and any sense of the gun's momentum that sometimes causes me to "over-aim" when I'm using a gamepad's analog stick was gone. The Move is dead-on.

Smashing in a Helghast's face -- or stabbing him, snapping his neck, and so on -- is equally satisfying and as easy as thrusting the Move controller forward. Actually, "thrusting" makes it sound like it takes more effort than it really does. The Move is excellent at picking up subtle movements, and in this case, a gentle poke suffices for a melee kill. A similarly gentle shake of the Move controller reloads your weapon, so you don't have to take your thumb off the crouch button in order to press the Square-button and pop in a fresh clip (though you can do that).

So, after lots of playing on the Move, I decided to go back to using the standard controller. I have to say, it wasn't easy. While turning the character's head and body is quicker with an analog stick, the Move is much more precise at aiming within the character's current field of vision. I was also now more aware of the (frequent!) times I had to take my thumb off of the right stick to reload with a button press.

While I don't anticipate playing Killzone 3 in 3D, I am now committed to using the Move for my first full playthrough of the game. Not only does its integration seem justified to me, but I'm sold on its improved accuracy and greater sense of immersion over the DualShock controller. Guerrilla Games has shown me that even when a game isn't expressly designed for motion controls, the experience can be heightened with PlayStation Move.

WTF IS THIS!?!?!?!

hypocrit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol just busting your balls.. but its no different then someone using a steering wheel.. no different then someone using kbm.

i think all the people that preached over the past few years about how controller+couch is the only way to play ps3 should be banned from using anything else

its blatantly obvious.. that noone makes the rules.. its a COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, and it isnt limited to a controller only because a bunch of people on here decided to make that their opinion to feel better about being no good with kbm.. you use whatever is the funnest for you.. for alot of people its kbm.. for alot more people its steering wheels.. and for a sh1t ton of people its going to be playstation move.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:34pm
i finally got around to pre-ordering Killzone 3 and the Move Sharpshooter peripheral.

i also ordered a move navigation controller.. which seem to be selling out in almost all stores (toysrus and gamestop are the only 2 to show stock out of almost every online retailer) they can be found on amazon and ebay but people are asking twice what they cost.

i am certain, that sony will not have enough sharpshooter guns or move wands and nav controllers come the 22nd of feburary.. hopefully my preorder gets filled and i suggest to anyone else dont wait till the 22nd to order.. because you will find these things sold out everywhere.
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:30pm
damn I havent heard of half the stuff there is for the move and kz3. sounds like its gonna be a good chunk of change just for this game. hopefully its worth it but im gonna wait til after the reviews are in to buy. Gotta see if the multi stacks up to other contenders. Marvel vs Capcom will be getting my money first.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:38pm
marvel vs capcom 3, will be getting my money first aswell.. because it comes out a week earlier :)

but if you dont have playstation move  this is how much killzone 3 with the sharpshooter will cost you..

PS move Bundle (PS Eye, Move Wand, and Sports Champions included) $100
Move Navigation Controller $30
PS Move Sharpshooter $40
Killzone 3 $60

so yea.. basically almost 250 dollars for one game.. quite the investment.. but one i would make without blinking an eye because it looks revolutionary in my opinion.

also i already had the ps move bundle, so that saved me 100 dollars.. and to be honest.. the move has been rather underwhelming due to lack of games.. so if it wasnt for killzone 3 i would suggest people didnt buy it.

lots of people can just buy the game for 60 and have a great time aswell.. im really looking forward to something amazing tho.. my hopes are very high for this and only a few things could ruin them.

1. the ps move latency/accuracy is not up to par for competetive play.. basically if its not accurate or fast enough that would make it worth $0
2. i would also be upset if sony allows the option to block ps move users from controller users, i.e. controller only games.. i dont need to look at a server list and be blocked from half the games because people are douches.. dealt with enough of that in my time on ut3
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 2:47pm

KZ2 had the option to customize rooms. no noobtubes, pistols only, no speed boost, etc. not sure about having controller only rooms.

GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:46pm
Yeah usually I'd say $250 is too rich for my blood but I just pre-ordered MK9(I believe) Tournament Ed. for $150 which hopefully will be worth it. The lag on the move would definetely be the make or break part of investing in the move, also I think my 32" might be too small to be using it.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by BAIN

KZ2 had the option to customize rooms. no noobtubes, pistols only, no speed boost, etc. not sure about having controller only rooms.

i hope it does that way we keep mikey out
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:05pm
tried kz 2 wasnt convinced, i doubt im getting 3rd one but marvel vs capcom 3 for shizzle
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:18pm
hell yeah man but i'm torn on that do i want KZ3 or MvsC3 Hmmmm.....
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 11:28am
If KZ3 is anything like KZ2 there will be a very large and active multiplayer community. So if you are looking for a new shooter to replace UT3, Black Ops or MAG then this may be it. I don't know about the campaign mode. I only played the last one for 15 minutes. For me it's all about the online. One thing that I hope they bring from KZ2 is the option to choose regional servers. That way you don't have to deal with laggy Euro or Asian players.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>