Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > Killzone 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews, Previews and other Goodies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews, Previews and other Goodies
    Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 2:20pm
Just multiplayer, lol.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 4:20pm
I played hooky yesterday, and played Killzone 3 all day.  Did some live broadcasting for about 5-6 hours as well.  Mostly multiplayer, but practiced with the sharpshooter gun in campaign mode as well.  Check it if you want .  It is broken up into 3 parts.  Mostly learning the maps at first, but after a few rounds, I get the hang of what I'm doing.
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 1:44am
I just ordered the sharpshooter n the navi controller earlier today. Went to the ps3 homepage a few mins ago n see a socom4 motion pack(not proper name) with socom4, the camera, wand, navi n sharpshooter for 149.99. tried to see about canceling my order but damn do they start on those orders fast, it was already processing. im still saving 8 bucks compared to the socom4 pack but 8 bucks isn't bad for a game i might like. paying the msrp you'd pay bout160 to180 (or more, i believe Deadaim broke down the costs as well.)buying the motion equipment separately . just fyi, in case anyones looking to get this.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 11:48am
Never played KZ b4 I bought it yesterday and I don't think I've seen a more gorgeously graphically detailed landscape in any game. No game will surpass this for graphics this year imo! The game well its almost as goosd as it looks, its sweet to play. Ground assault, weapons, vehicles, tactics and no stupid tokens to collect just ammo and more weapons - f yeah! I put in a 4.5 hour stint and got half way through chapter 11 on experienced. I will need to finish the campaign b4 going online because I'm a KZ virgin - lol!
I'm envious of u guys with sharpshooters, I couldn't even get the special edition. For UK gamers bought my copy from Tescos store, they have it for £34 plus the nav controller for £18.50 but 20% discount for all games and accessories offfer ends tomorrow 27.02.11. I am getting the sharpshooter for £35 [Amazon] and get the 2 xtra maps from DLC. I already have the move controller and camera, it was bundled with my PS3 along with Assassins Creed Brotherhood for £300! A worhty investment.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 11:11am
I'd love to see KZ3 on a 3D TV.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 12:14pm

Me too mate I play off a 26" Samsung HD at 1030 and its the dogs boll0ckz so I can't imagine a KZ 3D landscape! Finished the campaign yesterday and went online, Guerilla ? good fun but there were only 6-7 maps.

WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

I played hooky yesterday, and played Killzone 3 all day.  Did some live broadcasting for about 5-6 hours as well.  Mostly multiplayer, but practiced with the sharpshooter gun in campaign mode as well.  Check it if you want .  It is broken up into 3 parts.  Mostly learning the maps at first, but after a few rounds, I get the hang of what I'm doing.
Yo KillinUGood hit me up on PSN if your playing this game. Playing under my DeRK_DiGgLeR account. Almost through the campaign.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Me too mate I play off a 26" Samsung HD at 1030 and its the dogs boll0ckz so I can't imagine a KZ 3D landscape! Finished the campaign yesterday and went online, Guerilla ? good fun but there were only 6-7 maps.

Yeah, the map selection isn't as good as KZ2. Did you get the two retro maps? They came with the pre-orders but I think you can buy them at the PS Store. Guerilla put out six good DLC maps for KZ2. Hopefully they'll do the same soon.

Those snow maps would be awesome with 3D. Maybe next year when the TVs are a little cheaper.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:31pm
No I didnt get the 2 retro maps. I preordered but was cheaper not to buy the special edition (thats how it was packaged over here) at the supermarket -  like $15 cheaper. Ilooked for the DLC but as yet I aint seen it. Remember we're 3 days behind u guys. I tried to get wise and play guerilla because I finished campaign at 2300. So I thought 2 hours online then bed but I still managed to finish at 0300.
Warfare is like 5 games in 1? I'll go on later this week, if I get on I wont be going to bed till sunrise lol and I need to function during the week.
ournemesis View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote ournemesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by BAIN

I'd love to see KZ3 on a 3D TV.
I just recieved my panosonic 42" plasma 3-d tv yesterday but waiting for the glasses and the movie avatar that comes with it . Maybe before the weekend.Smile
cannon_nemesis iAM_Avenger GOW_Nemesis
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 6:04pm
^^... i hate you.... lol
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 12:59pm
thats a nice tv, we sell a lot of 3d panasonics
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 3:09am
I have to say that imho this is the best mp game in four years. Took my whole weekend away LOL
The aiming is smooth, the character classes are well balanced and maps/modes are very good.

Though, there should be more medics involved and people should not respawn as fast as they do - but maybe this is going to be corrected as they did in Mag: they increased the amount of points got when healing was used.

Even the little spices, like ending and in game movie clips made in a way that they feature the top players of recent mach, are amusing.

Mag players would be at home with this, but the game may be too light for the most hard core Black ops players. But I think there's still a good audience for it Clap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234