Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Old Banned Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ps3's ut3 fails over 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ps3's ut3 fails over 360
    Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 1:17am
ok....so i bought my ps3 and paid the ridiculous amount of money to play ut3 on ps3 and ut3 ONLY!!, and.... it was better in most of all ways, better that it has dedicated servers, has bigger community, plays faster..so on ect... but the things is i think ps3 FAILED over 360's ut3 in this way... i came to play ctf pretty much only, and it died off to where the only time people were playing, it was a stacked team or no one playing and people in general didnt want or like to keep it even fun games.  even the dueling would have a ton of dead dedicated servers as well.  dont get me wrong i prefer ps3 ut3 over 360 but heres where i think the ps3 commun failed over where i started..... i can get great epic ctf games with nothing left but the top skilled players and most respectable people on 360 daily, sure without ded server but my host is even favored by uk players ask any, and same with duel.  i quit ps3 over 2months ago because every time i turn my ps3 on there is no one playing my mode or very few and far between on at all.  sorry but it was fun for the $235 i paid just to play on ps3 for the less than even a year that i got outta it.  seems like the only people playing are vctf and randoms in dm an tdm anymore. on that note sorry again but you guys FAILED. i think the 360 guys have came through an kept the game alive, respectable, fun and fair over ps3.  on that note ill see you guys later.........
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:33am
You must of not been around when UT3 was a hot commodity on the PS3, back when all we had were Midway servers, every mode, had at least 2 or 3 full servers! Awesome clans like SMP, tRi, qM, GOW, ckc, Blackcats, tWc etc.. were around. You got the game too late, that's the problem. Plus didn't 360 get UT3 really late too? hence why it's still a little bit more popular right now?

Plus the fact the game came out 11/2007 says a lot too.

CKC_TRIPHOP View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC
goof

Post Options Post Options   Quote CKC_TRIPHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:57am
i agree with you jp when ut3 was new on ps3 it was full of great players, good friends, and full servers and we were all going strong with it. in fact the gow clan was so strong they were the reason i started ckc (been forever since i have seen them). Also your right ut3 was a ps3 exclusive for a long time it was at least a year or more before xbox got it. Death may be right about the amount of people still playing it on xbox but give it time there and i'm sure it will face the same outcome. But death actually the ps3 community hasn't failed as we are still here just playin different things (like bfbc2,cdmw2, and soon to come halo reach, and black ops).  Even if the game is dying the community that ut3 spawned is still going strong. so ut3 is always home to me!!
good gaming death and iam is always welcome on the battlefield with cKc!

[/url]
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Plus the fact the game came out 11/2007 says a lot too.

That at time, it came out for PC. For PS3, it came out a month later (December).

For Triphop: XBOX 360 UT3 came out summer of 2008.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 3:34pm
360 UT3 is horrible, end of story
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 4:15pm
Topic: Players on ps3 fails Ut3...
Now even the servers are gone

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

Now even the servers are gone

i sense the end is now near....thankfully we now have a new game coming up
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 4:54pm
2008-2009 were the best years for PS3 UT3   ;P
hinterland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hinterland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Ether404

Dance Dance Revolution on PS3, amirite?! Prepare to be out-danced.
Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/
TheSeph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheSeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 5:06pm
yeah game is past it's prime
GT:TheSeph QcP

PSN:TheSeph
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by hinterland

Originally posted by Ether404

Dance Dance Revolution on PS3, amirite?! Prepare to be out-danced.

hahaha, nice! goodbye PSN Home dance-athons, hello Dance Dance Revolution!
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

socoms community is far worse than ut3, more complaining then ut3, they still get hundreds of players (god knows why, its play peekabo then spam about 30 bullets at ur opponent as he strafes side to side like hes in a replay loop)

ut3 is tame in terms of its players compared to  a lot of other games like mw2 and socom, so i wouldnt say its the community, but u might feel that way because u see most of the people everytime u play.
TheSeph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheSeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:14pm
umm the 360 version online gameplay right now is garbage i don't think theres a pure server online

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:17am
all i have to say is i do commend you for trying out the ut3 community for ps3...sadly most 360 players are very stubborn when it comes to switching game consoles for the sake of a game.. I'm sorry your attempt of finding fun in this' worn out game didn't benefit your best interest. you had an open mind, i hope you did have somewhat of a good experience with the psn community.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:29am
Originally posted by iPwN

all i have to say is i do commend you for trying out the ut3 community for ps3...sadly most 360 players are very stubborn when it comes to switching game consoles for the sake of a game.. I'm sorry your attempt of finding fun in this' worn out game didn't benefit your best interest. you had an open mind, i hope you did have somewhat of a good experience with the psn community.

nice post ipwn!! I would hope for the same too!
STYLE View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote STYLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 2:32am
nope ! i send a message to the guy from epic who is working on the servers! i ask him to change the settings! because rails,stranded etc we can only play when server restarts. mabe it takes so long because he is working on it! i don´t know! normaly i send a message and the servers are back in 24 hours!
STYLE View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote STYLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 2:34am
also he don´t know that the us servers are gone for a long time! so everybody can thank me now or send 10 bucks via paypal !
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:07pm
you people are missing the point because ya'll are ps3 fan boys.. the 360 version has better gameplay.. it's a fact.. i have way more fun on the 360 than the ps3
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

360 UT3 is horrible, end of story

wow, what a nerd
- Best Coast

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

you people are missing the point because ya'll are ps3 fan boys.. the 360 version has better gameplay.. it's a fact.. i have way more fun on the 360 than the ps3

360 fanboy   (:
just because it was funner to kill more garbage players on 360 doesn't make it better   XD!
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 8:12pm

doesnt this post make you a 360 fan boy then? XD jesus christ

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 8:30pm
aww i just saw that retard penguin's post, nvm its already been pointed out, f***in homo rican

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Penguin

360 fanboy   (:
just because it was funner to kill more garbage players on 360 doesn't make it better   XD!

again, totally missing my point.. i'm not bashing the ps3 at all. actually, i like the ps3. all i'm saying is that ut3 for the 360 has better GAME PLAY than the ps3 version. think about what that means for a second. did i give off the impression that all i do is ra pe garbage players? i ra ped on both platforms so that really doesn't make much sense. before i came to the ps3 all i heard on this website was how much better the ps3 players are from the 360 players. that was the biggest load of bull **** ever. right before my brother bought a ps3 q80face told me that i was going to destroy kids on the ps3 and that's what i did. it's a shame that i never got to duel you after i got used to the gameplay/controller. i'm not being bias at all, i'm just letting you fan boys know that ya'll are wrong. especially colossus, all that kid does is b**** and brag and i 10-0 him on EU duel servers. and yeah, you people might think i'm arrogant as hell but it's the truth. i was way better than 98% of the people on the ps3. since there are only like 100 people who play, you can guess who the 2% are. the good 360 players that moved to the ps3 ended up being some of the best on the ps3
- Best Coast

TheSeph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheSeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 8:39pm
LOL tuna the 360 runs alot smoother true but i believe it's because it's slower yous ay it's not me and cupcake both agree its alot slower than ps3
and penguin yes 360 was full of noobs who swore we had aimbots

I did see jasonkills playing other day was lame because there was only 2 people in the game so dead or i would still play both console versions

lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by iPwN

thanks pwn, and yes i would say the short lived time that ut3 was still really active when i got the ps3 was great.....thats what makes it a bigger dissapointment cause i really do like the game better on ps3 and like i said i bought it just for ut3 only.  just was trying to tell everyone even without the dedicated servers on 360 or the gameplay in question being better or worse (i say again i preffer ps3) the top players that are left have really came through in the fact that we can allways get really balanced competitve games going every night in ctf and duel.  but it was great while it lasted i'd love to get back on ps3 but its allway soo much effort to get good teams and people on who wanna play.
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>