Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Gran Tourismo 5
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tips, Tricks and Hints

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips, Tricks and Hints
    Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 12:50pm
Got any? Post them here. Also post any good money races that you may find.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 12:52pm
When you buy a new car change the oil immediately. You will get a permanent, small increase in HP. And always change the oil when you buy a used car. That crap is dirty!!!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 12:56pm
In the Pro Series, Supercar Festival run the Daytona Race. I use the McClaren Stealth with a level 3 engine upgrade and racing soft tires. I can finish first with a time of 2:12. So with loading time added in you can run this race about 15 times an hour. You get $17,300 and 700+ xp per race.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 3:25pm
Need a truck for the truck races. Haven't found one yet. Took forever to find a japanese car to run in that beginner race. I don't like the fact you have to back out of the race menus to go and buy a car for a race if you don't have one, then the country of the car isn't listed, only a little flag, like I know who's flag that is.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 5:05pm
always rememeber to feign death to confuse your enemy
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 5:13pm
Do NOT counter steer like on gt4 and gt3... Then the car go in a smooth line sideways instead of wasting time inbarriers.
PS: When taking corners and specialy on licenses! Use a logitech wheel/pedals... The you can really play with the car,nothing like gt3 and 4...
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 9:54pm
Keep checking the used car area after every race or challange you do.... thats how i found a Ford Lightning....

and shakers right, you cant ride the walls on this one lol, lose a crap load of speed... drifting is better on this game tho... more realistic... instead of as soon as the tires spin you wipe out, you can actually save the car now and control it if you know what your doing ;)

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by aceoblivion

Need a truck for the truck races. Haven't found one yet. Took forever to find a japanese car to run in that beginner race. I don't like the fact you have to back out of the race menus to go and buy a car for a race if you don't have one, then the country of the car isn't listed, only a little flag, like I know who's flag that is.
Check the race qualifications located on the right side of the screen. Then click on the garage symbol and you will see any cars that you have that qualify for the race.

I saw a Ford P/U in the used auto section last night. Keep looking or get someone to gift  a truck to you for that race.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 10:26am
There is a hidden trophy called "Rollover". To earn it you must flip your car. I did it by going 240mph into a barrier. Went flying up in the air and landed on my roof.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:00am
New money race for people level 17 or higher: Expert Series - Turbo Challenge - High Speed Ring. You need a fast turbo car (you can use the Bugatti and win by 30 seconds).
You win $36,000 and over 1600 xp for running 3 laps. Total race time is just over 3 minutes.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:02am
I've been trying to get the trophy for adding racing modifications to a car but I get denied with every car that I try. Has anyone done this? If so, what car did you use?
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 1:55pm
What car do I need for the historic racing car cup under expert series. AI car has 788hp and only weighs 620kg. Don't own a car to compete with that. Also the Gran Turismo All Stars, AI is running 939hp and weighs 900kg, where can I win a car to compete with that, I've done every race except those two. All the other races have been boring and these two look like they will be fun and intense but how do they expect you to run them if you don't win any cars to race in them?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 5:34pm
they show up in the used car list every now and then but man are they expensive.
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 9:02am
Originally posted by aceoblivion

What car do I need for the historic racing car cup under expert series. AI car has 788hp and only weighs 620kg. Don't own a car to compete with that. Also the Gran Turismo All Stars, AI is running 939hp and weighs 900kg, where can I win a car to compete with that, I've done every race except those two. All the other races have been boring and these two look like they will be fun and intense but how do they expect you to run them if you don't win any cars to race in them?

I got lucky and got the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car with the ticket 1000. Its a 20 million credit car, but if you tune what you can on it the historic race is a breeze. Your recieve the ticket 1000 for driving a total of 1200 miles or Winning 100 of the same races. But the car you get from it is random. The best possible car you can use for the Gran Turismo All Stars is by winning the car from the extreme series level 21 ''like the wind''. If you get gold on both tracks, you get a 850kg 1000 horsepower (tuned) race car.
But in order to do that, the best car you can get to accomplish that (which is the cheapest out of most options yet still expensive) Is getting a Corvette ZR1 with racing modification with tune ups. Either or, its a b**** to get the job done. Just send me a friend request and ill explain more.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 7:59pm

Beat Gran Turismo All Stars. Didn't win all 5 races, but did get 1st overall. Also got gold on both historic race events. Moving on to extreme races. I let my aimbot drive, he's the $hit.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 1:05am
You get aimbots in this game? how is that even possible?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:52pm
$$$ Best Money Race So Far $$$

Extreme Class - American Championship - $98,000 - 4400xp - 5 laps at Indy - under 4:00 - level 23
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 2:01pm
Any tips for winning the NASCAR Championship? I seem to always fall behind and can't catch up because I have no one to draft behind.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 3:10pm
I stopped playing, gt5 just made me realize how good forza 3 is. I love everything about it better. Every race is competitive against the AI, there's no running ahead of them and falling asleep like I've been doing in gt5. Also I like custom paint jobs on all my cars. I've also been playing forza 3 since it came out and I'm at 10% complete on career mode. Gt5 seemed to get better competitive races in the extreme series but by then I was already bored with the game. Like I said, there's no way to just build up your car and beat the tar out of the AI in forza, there's a limit to every race and you can't enter the race if your car is over that limit. All my cars in forza have custom assassins creed, gears of war 3, or several other types of paint jobs. It makes me want to watch a replay of every race just to watch my car, I've not watched any replays in gt5 because the cars all look boring with standard paint jobs. Also, I can drive every car in forza from behind the steering wheel, I love that.
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 11:56pm
Well Ace, I  think the best way to describe GT5 is like this. There are races that can be easy because of your cars specs. But You do have the Seasonal Event races that can be extremely challengeing, and the license test as well are no joke. They are some demanding races in the extreme series and expert. But the thing with GT5 is the harder you work and the more time you put into it the more rewarded you will be. GT5 is not for everyone, simply because it is to such an extreme with realism that unless you are a car enthusiast or your a long time fan of GT, you might find it hard to get into the game.

To me GT5 is probably one of the most amazingly detailed game, and such a astounding amount of realism with their new engine. Each car feels and drives differently. Using stuff like aero kits, transmission, LSD, suspensions. The list could go on, but you say that because you can add stickers to your car is a perfect example of how Forza has more variety? I find that hard to believe. There is so much **** you tweak with your car is unparalled. And lets not forget the sound of certain engines are absolutely incredible.

GT5 is about racing, and racing period. Its not about rims, neon lights, loud speakers or gangster rap. Its not about running into people and jumping off ramps. GT5 is a racing game, and its a damn good racing game, the best racing game. So I can understand if you dont like it, thats fine. But dont judge the game for what its not. I know it sounds like I am singleing you out, but i am not. Its just i get irritated with everyones opinion about why GT5 sucks, yet they try to play this game like its burnout.

So no I will agree, GT5 is not about stickers and flashy graphics, its about who is the superior driver and who has superior technique. And im not sure how you feel about the graphics, but watching a replay of my ZR1 or my Viper Overtaking a Lamborghini or Ferrai at over 100mph on a night time level like Special Stage Route 5 is one of the sexiest things I have ever seen.

But anyhow, sorry for my rant. I just wanted to say if anyone needs help or assistance with anything in GT5 just sent me a friend request and Ill help you the best I can.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 11:44am
Also, nobody is forcing you to use an overpowered car to win the races with. Choose a lesser car if you want a more competitive race. So ACE, get off the X-Box and come back to GT5!!!!!
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Helscream

Well Ace, I  think the best way to describe GT5 is like this. There are races that can be easy because of your cars specs. But You do have the Seasonal Event races that can be extremely challengeing, and the license test as well are no joke. They are some demanding races in the extreme series and expert. But the thing with GT5 is the harder you work and the more time you put into it the more rewarded you will be. GT5 is not for everyone, simply because it is to such an extreme with realism that unless you are a car enthusiast or your a long time fan of GT, you might find it hard to get into the game.

To me GT5 is probably one of the most amazingly detailed game, and such a astounding amount of realism with their new engine. Each car feels and drives differently. Using stuff like aero kits, transmission, LSD, suspensions. The list could go on, but you say that because you can add stickers to your car is a perfect example of how Forza has more variety? I find that hard to believe. There is so much **** you tweak with your car is unparalled. And lets not forget the sound of certain engines are absolutely incredible.

GT5 is about racing, and racing period. Its not about rims, neon lights, loud speakers or gangster rap. Its not about running into people and jumping off ramps. GT5 is a racing game, and its a damn good racing game, the best racing game. So I can understand if you dont like it, thats fine. But dont judge the game for what its not. I know it sounds like I am singleing you out, but i am not. Its just i get irritated with everyones opinion about why GT5 sucks, yet they try to play this game like its burnout.

So no I will agree, GT5 is not about stickers and flashy graphics, its about who is the superior driver and who has superior technique. And im not sure how you feel about the graphics, but watching a replay of my ZR1 or my Viper Overtaking a Lamborghini or Ferrai at over 100mph on a night time level like Special Stage Route 5 is one of the sexiest things I have ever seen.

But anyhow, sorry for my rant. I just wanted to say if anyone needs help or assistance with anything in GT5 just sent me a friend request and Ill help you the best I can.

Well said. That's exactly how I've played the Gt series from GT1.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 1:52pm
Helpful Tuning: Formula GT:

downforce
F 70
R 90
Gear
top speed 242
LSD
15/45/55
suspension
height
5/5 10/10 for bumpy
spring rate 17.4/17.5
dampers E 8/8
dampers C 6/6
roll bars 7/7
camber angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brake balance 4/1
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 2:27pm
You can do all the adjustments to your cars in forza, but there is also a full damage model. If I hit another car in a corner and I lose my front spoiler, I will have a hard time racing for the remainder of the race, you can also go into the pits to repair some of the damage to you car.  I've got every gt game made and have been a huge fan, but I feel like gt5 is just like gt1. There's nothing left to hold my interest. Where's the damage they were talking about. In forza if you slam on your brakes in front of a oppenent and he hits the back of your car, you lose your spoiler and if you engine is in the back your car starts back firing and missing and you lose power. That's the kind of racing I wanted from gt5, realism, not the same zombie drivers that you can out brake and knock out of the way in a corner. You try knocking a driver out of the way in forza and you damage your car. The damage forces you to drive clean. I've finished all the gt games all the way to the ends, this one is nothing new. The paint jobs on forza I'm talking about have nothing to do with stickers. You can custom paint your entire car or go into the storefront system and find thousands of custom paint jobs for the car your driving, and 90% are free. I'm talking pictures of people on your car from video games or movies or the bandit paint job for your old trans am to the f-bomb paint jobs from famous car shows to anything you can think of. You have the option of painting anything on your car. I've got carbon fiber paint jobs for all my cars. Forza came out along time before gt5 and it's still 100 times better and that's makes me sad because I wanted this game to be the greatest. I shouldn't have to pick a worse car to make the races better, Forza forces you to do that. You can never make you car better than your oppenents in every race. There's also 3 different difficulties in Forza so if your winning every race you can crank it up. I shouldn't have to play gt5 everyday for weeks to get to the races that finally have some competition. Every race should feel like a white knuckle event, I know every race in Forza is and I'm on the edge of my seat trying to win this race and keep from damaging my car because you have to pay for the damage at the end of the race. I keep finding myself falling asleep racing in gt5 because there's no cars around me and no reason to stay focused.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 2:44pm
When you go into a championship set of races on this game, does it save inbetween each race or do you have to race through all races and get to the end? Because I don't have time to race through 5 races, I want to race through 1 race, it save, then go do something else, come back and start the next race. I don't believe you can leave during a championship, you will lose your spot in the races and have to start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>