Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Gran Tourismo 5
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tips, Tricks and Hints

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Team PcX
Team PcX

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips, Tricks and Hints
    Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:15pm
ok tight let  me check the car out cuss my car cant turn for ****
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:33pm
^ if you still need a truck, let me know. I have two... Will be more than happy to give you one.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:49pm
I ran a real tough B-Spec race yesterday. It was in the Nascar Championship. The track was Grand Valley, 8 laps, hard racing tires. You don't want to pit in this race and the game will auto-pit you if your tires get real bad. What I did was keep my driver real cool for the first 5 laps. DO NOT let him spin the tires or fish-tail at all. Then at the straight-a-way at the end of lap 5 start to pace up and overtake the other cars. I didn't have much rubber left on my rear tires when I finished and I won by .001 seconds (got that trophy, lol). I had my car's downforce set all of the way, transmission top speed at 199 and my brakes set at 7 front and 5 rear.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Ppareja76

^ if you still need a truck, let me know. I have two... Will be more than happy to give you one.
i already passed it but thanks a lot bro i appreciate it, i just need to pass farrari race on amature and im done. next oup here i come 1,000,000 for a ferrari ****
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by env_1ner

Originally posted by Ppareja76

i already passed it but thanks a lot bro i appreciate it, i just need to pass farrari race on amature and im done. next oup here i come 1,000,000 for a ferrari ****

I have 5 of them, let me know if you need one. I'll send it on Friday when I get home.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by env_1ner

ok tight let  me check the car out cuss my car cant turn for ****

Tips for better cornering. Lower the ride height, increase the spring rate, cambers and toe angle. Should do the trick. If you need setups on a specific car, let me know and I'll work it out.

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by BAIN

we need more info about the car but here's some tips:

add all of the downforce that you can (if adjustable)

soft racing tires (if allowed)

is it turbo? then switch from the high-range turbo down to the mid-range turbo

lighten the body as much as possible and add the chasis reinforcement

add the custom suspension package

add front brake bias (example: front 7 back 5). this allows you to brake into the turn

A few things to add. Lower ride height a bit and balance it out with increased spring rate and camber. This will give the cars a better center of gravity and prevent traction loss and reduces drag. A slight increase to break sensitivity also help go quicker into corners since you can break into the turn later than earlier.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 9:44pm
Cheat: Exploiting Your Birthday

You'll need an online PSN connection for this exploit. Create a NEW account and sign into the PlayStation Network. When you set up your account, set up your birth date for the current calendar date. You will be awarded a car on the MM/DD of your "birthday," and the year actually determines what sort of car you will get (so set it to whatever year you want a random car from). Enter GT Mode to receive your online B-day reward/coupon for your free car. Give the free car to your actual account as a gift. You can repeat this endlessly for free cars!

this for reals of wat guys

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 8:35am
i didn't get one on my real birthday.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 10:33pm
lol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 1:05pm
how many drivers do you have for B-Spec? i'm doing the races now where you need two. the only problem is my second driver is only level 10 in a level 22 race. he can't handle the cars and comp, lol. so i end up putting my first driver back in after a few laps but he's physically and mentally drained. if you only have one then get another leveled up before you get to 22.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 11:17pm
iv been goin thru the licenses recently, im all gold thru I-A license...just gotta gold the last 10 for S...but damn some of these were really fn tough to gold x_x
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:19am
tell me about it
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:30am
Originally posted by TX2k7

iv been goin thru the licenses recently, im all gold thru I-A license...just gotta gold the last 10 for S...but damn some of these were really fn tough to gold x_x

Yea well I planned to do that too, till i unlocked the S.VETTEL X2010 challenge. Unless you have a wheel, you wont be able to get the gold standard trohpy. And trust me, I am not exaggerating when I say the S.Vettel challenge is absolutely insane.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:59am
wat level u hv to b for that? i finished all my licences gold...and a few special events...im A-spec lvl 22
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:19am
You need level 30 to unlock the challenge. Go to youtube and look up X1 challenge/X2010 challenge/S.Vettel Challenge etc etc. When you see this vehicle in action you'll understand.
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 12:21pm
^ just saw the video... INSANE!
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 8:55pm
ill do that later....ill be level 30 relatively soon, im workn on the special events tho first, i really just cannot be bothered with the Nurburgring challenges just yet, i can do them its just they usually take a while and just keep puttn it off lol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 12:47pm
Nurburgring is awesome. Best track in GT5.
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by BAIN

Nurburgring is awesome. Best track in GT5.
Yezzzz...........
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 5:57am
try those seasonevents , you'll get loads of money/xp f that . also ,for those who like endurance races , i recently finished indianapolis(200laps) . don't know exactly how much money you'll get but you sure get a lot of xp points : 750000 !!!

Uploaded with
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 2:26pm
Damn that's alot of XP. I need to dust of my disc and play again. Just not enough time with KZ3 out now and Warfare having good games every night. plus I've been playing PURE.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:42pm
i was just looking at some info on hidden trophies. we all know about the rollover trophy but there's one for making a part fall off your car in a race. there are also three photo related hidden trophies. one is to take a pic of a honda in front of the honda headquarters building on the tokyo course. another is to go to the kyoto photo shoot location gion district and take a pic with some guy (special someone?) standing near the car. i've seen him but didn't want him in my picture, lol. and there's one in the bern photo shoot location on the marktgasse where you take a pic of a solitary woman near your car.

Edit: the other three are complete the red bull challenge, complete the endurance class and unlock the long version of the ending movie.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 2:12pm
ya i just gotta get the endurance one to b done with hidden trophies....im almost to platinum tho! lol Gold Standard is gnna b a b**** cuz i gotta Gold the Red Bull Challeng x_x
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 4:22pm
HIDDEN TROPHY PHOTOS:

*the two people should be easy to find in the first camera position. run the tokyo course forwards not in reverse.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>