Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Gran Tourismo 5
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tips, Tricks and Hints

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips, Tricks and Hints
    Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 4:01pm
No, you have to finish the championship all in one go. But if you have enough points you can drop out of the last race or two and come back to gold them later.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 10:46pm
any tips or help on how to play b spe
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 11:45pm
not me, i'm level 2. LOL.

I did the first Endurance Class race today. The Grand Valley 300. It was 60 laps and I only won $164,000. But I got 119,000 XP so I guess it was worth it.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 11:51pm
im bearly level 12 on spec a lol and its hard to find some cars for each race
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:17am
Originally posted by env_1ner

I'm A-Spec lvl 23 and B-Spec 17.

I used the cars I used in A-Spec. Most of them are fully tuned, which makes starting B-Spec a bit easier. The best advice is get at least 1 car fully tuned in A-Spec that you can run a few times in B-Spec to build some experience. Check the other post that was made regarding Prize Cars and see what you get from B-Spec. The strategy is to have A-Spec lvl'd slightly higher than B-Spec. If you play this correctly, you will win cars from B-Spec to run in A-Spec and vice versa. This will minimize waisting money on cars.

The first car that I fully tuned was the Fairlady Z. This car has great exceleration and amazing grip if tuned correctly. That car got me to at least lvl 4 on B-Spec. I ran the cup races a few times. Won a few cars and then bounced them over to A-Spec.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

I used the cars I used in A-Spec. Most of them are fully tuned, which makes starting B-Spec a bit easier. The best advice is get at least 1 car fully tuned in A-Spec that you can run a few times in B-Spec to build some experience. Check the other post that was made regarding Prize Cars and see what you get from B-Spec. The strategy is to have A-Spec lvl'd slightly higher than B-Spec. If you play this correctly, you will win cars from B-Spec to run in A-Spec and vice versa. This will minimize waisting money on cars.

The first car that I fully tuned was the Fairlady Z. This car has great exceleration and amazing grip if tuned correctly. That car got me to at least lvl 4 on B-Spec. I ran the cup races a few times. Won a few cars and then bounced them over to A-Spec.
thanks man im going to give spec b another try, and thanks for all the info u been providing helped  a lot
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 7:44am

thanks man im going to give spec b another try, and thanks for all the info u been providing helped  a lot

Some more helpful info. I always used overpowered cars in the beginning of B-Spec. The reason is that the driver you choose is always horrible. Don't keep ordering the driver to pace up. It sometimes takes a lap or two to catch up the leader to pass. I mostly use the "overtake" command. Another thing you will notice is that if you are destroying the competition in B-Spec, the mood of the driver will be in the blue rather than in the red. That means the driver is driving in a calm manner. However, this always translates to the driver driving slower than when he is slightly in the red. When in the red, the driver is prone to over drive the car and may cause spinouts. So make sure to balance out the mood of the driver to get optimal driving. If you are smoking the competition, command "pace up" every now and then in order to maintain the speed. Or if the driver ran a few good laps, command "maintain pace".  But try to end the race with the driver mood in the blue.

Last thing to notice is that if you use a car for B-Spec, the tires may automatically change to comfort or sport, even if you have racing tire for the car. Then when you run the car again in A-Spec, you will have to reinstall the tires back to racing. If you don't you will be running A-Spec at a disadvantage. Tires that you have purchased can be reinstalled in the settings menu right before a race.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 12:10am
thanks won first 3 races on spec b already

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 3:06pm
Tip for Historic Race Car Cup:

Use the Dodge Challenger '70 with the following settings:

Aero 20, 50
Trans Top speed 186
LSD 10, 33, 15
Camber 0.6, 0.3
Toe 0, 0.2
Ride Height -25, -20
Springs 10.7, 6.1
Dampers (extension) 10, 7
Dampers (compression) 8, 5
Roll Bars 5, 3
Brake Ballance 10, 8

These races are challenging and need some practice with some good blocking. But these settings work.
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 6:54pm
You got Qrazy settings dude... lol
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 2:17am
i havent even seen a truck for the truck races wtf
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 12:32pm
keep checking the used car dealership
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 1:17pm
semi racing?
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by BAIN

cool ill keep checking i havent palyed a single match online is it really worth it, i mean fun or different in a way? or should i just stick to the game
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 8:39pm

cool ill keep checking i havent palyed a single match online is it really worth it, i mean fun or different in a way? or should i just stick to the game

Bain and I ran laps for a good hour. We mainly used it to tune out the cars. The community is pretty cool for the most part. If you want to run a few races for fun, add my pinakul account. I'll get Necro, Bain and some other to run a few races.

Also if you need some cars, i.e., the truck, let me know. I'll let you borrow.

env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 9:27pm

Bain and I ran laps for a good hour. We mainly used it to tune out the cars. The community is pretty cool for the most part. If you want to run a few races for fun, add my pinakul account. I'll get Necro, Bain and some other to run a few races.

Also if you need some cars, i.e., the truck, let me know. I'll let you borrow.

cool thanks pinn i appreciate it, ill ad u guys later when i get on. psn: pinakul?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 9:34pm

@ env_1ner: there's a couple of trucks for sale in the online dealership

@JP: LOL, no not semi's. But that would be a cool idea for a DLC.

env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 9:35pm

@ env_1ner: there's a couple of trucks for sale in the online dealership

@JP: LOL, no not semi's. But that would be a cool idea for a DLC.

bain thanks what account u using for gt5 so i can add u
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 9:40pm
bain61. if its full send me a message and i'll delete someone.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 10:02pm
alright thanks man, anyone else i should add that we can play together

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 11:03am

Aero 20, 50
Trans Top speed 186
LSD 10, 33, 15
Camber 0.6, 0.3
Toe 0, 0.2
Ride Height -25, -20
Springs 10.7, 6.1
Roll Bars 5, 3
Brake Ballance 10, 8

These races are challenging and need some practice with some good blocking. But these settings work.
Did you use this car/setup for the B-Spec version of this race? I used my RM Challenger and couldn't place higher than 4th. The winner was way out in front too. I really don't want to pay $20,000,000 for a Historic Race car from Ford or Jaguar. And I'm not going to buy one of those with the box fans stuck on the ass end for $14,900,000 either.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 4:40pm

Aero 20, 50
Trans Top speed 186
LSD 10, 33, 15
Camber 0.6, 0.3
Toe 0, 0.2
Ride Height -25, -20
Springs 10.7, 6.1
Roll Bars 5, 3
Brake Ballance 10, 8

Did you use this car/setup for the B-Spec version of this race? I used my RM Challenger and couldn't place higher than 4th. The winner was way out in front too. I really don't want to pay $20,000,000 for a Historic Race car from Ford or Jaguar. And I'm not going to buy one of those with the box fans stuck on the ass end for $14,900,000 either.

I used it only for A-Spec. When I saw the B-Spec race, my PTSD from the A-Spec version kicked in and I just leaped right over those two races and went on to the next set of races. I think I ran the A-Spec Historic cup at least 20 times before I got the setup that was good to go. There is no way a B-Spec driver is going to drive the way I drove that car. I'm looking into the answer for this. I'll send you a message later.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 12:37pm
Cool. I bought the 1970 Mustang Trans-Cammer and tuned it up but couldn't race it. It says it's not a pre-1979 car. WTF?
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:23pm
is there a way i can get my lamborgini to do better turns because  its really bad and i win in speed but it sucks at turns
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 10:52am
we need more info about the car but here's some tips:

add all of the downforce that you can (if adjustable)

soft racing tires (if allowed)

is it turbo? then switch from the high-range turbo down to the mid-range turbo

lighten the body as much as possible and add the chasis reinforcement

add the custom suspension package

add front brake bias (example: front 7 back 5). this allows you to brake into the turn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>