FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GT Academy Competition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT Academy Competition
    Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:32pm
I know a lot of you guys have been hard at work improving your cars and race times. Well now its time to put your driving skills to the test! December 20th marks the beginning of GT Academy, a ground-breaking competition which will give one lucky person the opportunity of a lifetime to become a professional race car driver.

GT Academy will challenge gamers and racing fans alike across the U.S. to compete in a series of online time trials in Gran Turismo 5 using pre-selected Nissan vehicles. As the competition progresses, thousands of hopefuls will be narrowed down to the top 32 finalists, who will compete in the live national finals for a coveted spot in the top 16. The top 16 will compete in a grueling boot camp, where their strength, stamina, mental agility, and driving skills will be pushed to the limits and beyond. On top of pure talent, it will take a lot of drive, passion and dedication to prove to the judges who really has what it takes to become a professional race car driver. One winner will start down the path of intense training to become a pro, and ultimately, compete in a real race as part of a professional racing team, which will also be documented in a reality show on SPEED channel.

Contest Registration: Contest registration begins Monday, December 6, 2010 9:00AM EST and Contest registration ends Sunday, January 23, 2011 12:00 PM EST. (“Promotional Period”). Each contestant must provide required contact information upon registering to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide complete and accurate information may result in disqualification of entry in Sponsor’s sole discretion. To register, visit www.us.gran-turismo.com. contestants will be required to enter their name, age, PlayStation®Network ID, home address (to determine Regional seeding) and an e-mail address. Contestants will be filtered by state of residence into one of four regions. Region and age will be verified by affidavit before Grand Prize (National Finals) is awarded. Contestants may only register once. If a contestant registers more than once, Sponsor may disqualify some or all of that contestant’s entries.

PRIZES
Round 1 Prizes (512 Prizes):
The top 128 contestants from each of the four Regions at the end of Round 1 will receive a Gran Turismo® download voucher code for download and play on the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. Approximate retail value, $39.99. Round 1 Winners will be announced by January 30, 2011.

Round 1 Weekly Prizes:
In addition, during each of the five weeks of Round 1, Sponsor will award the following prizes. Contestant with the fastest combined Time Trial Event time on the national leaderboard will receive one Playseat Revolution (Gran Turismo Edition) racing seat (plus one (1) Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and one (1) GT5 poster (approx retail value $760.00). The contestants that finish with the second through fifth fastest combined Time Trial Event time on the national leaderboard will receive one (1) Logitech Driving Force™ GT wheel and one (1) GT5 poster (approx retail value $160.00). Contestants that finish with the sixth through twentieth fastest combined Time Trial Event time on the national leaderboard will receive one (1) GT5 poster (approx retail value $10). A contestant cannot win more than one of the same prize. For example, winner of week 1 (Playseat, Logitech wheel and poster) cannot win those prizes in subsequent weeks. If the same contestant finishes in the same winner bracket more than once in each week of competition, the prize will be awarded to the next person on the national leaderboard.

Round 2 Prizes (64 Prizes):
The top sixteen contestants from each Region at the end of Round 2 will receive a copy of Gran Turismo® 5 Collector’s Edition for the PLAYSTATION®3 system. Approximate retail value, $99.99. Round 2 winners will be announced by February 13, 2011.

Round 3 Prizes (32 Prizes):
The eight top contestants from each Region at the end of Round 3 will win a prize package that includes one roundtrip airfare to the National Finals, hotel accommodations for two nights, transportation to and from the National Finals, and a chance to race and compete to move on to GT Academy where the ultimate prize is the chance to become a real professional race driver. (Approximate retail value of trip to National Finals and accommodations is $3000.00).

Round 4 Prizes (16 Prizes):
The top sixteen National Finals contestants who meet the Eligibility criteria described in Addendum A will win a chance to enter GT Academy.

Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable. Please allow a minimum of 10 weeks for delivery of prizes and travel documentation.

This is sure to be an epic tournament guys and I'd love to see some of iAMG's finest drivers taking a shot at this. It will definitely be worth it!

The Official Rules of the tournament can be found here: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/rules

To register for the tournament click here: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2011/

INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 12:44am
i signed up the first day, really just for fun cause unless u own a $300 Logitech G27 wheel or a Fanatech then u wont win the competition. I was in past GT competitions and a controller never ever comes close. I was in the GT time trials last year and was a 1000 spots out and one of the top controller players, I thank everyone in the top 500 was using a wheel. Anyways it will be fun and games for me.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:53am
is it US only ?

Uploaded with
 Post Reply Post Reply