Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > Assassins Creed III
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Multiplayer issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiplayer issues
    Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 1:50pm
Alright so i finally got the time to finish the story and last night i got on to play some multiplayer. To say the lest it was a huge waste of time. It took so long to get into matches im talking like 15min or longer long. It was horrible. Then i went to invite someone to play with me and we couldn't even get that done. It would just say unreachable. Don't get me wrong when i was in a match it was fun as hell. Another bad thing tho is there is no lvl cap for players in a match. What i mean is i was a lvl 9 and got put into a match with two lvl 50's and three people in the 40's. So basically after waiting 10 min to get into the game i ended up leaving anyway. I understand y you can do that so when you play with friends the lvl doesn't matter, but it shouldn't do that when you just hit the play now button. I think there should at least be a 10 lvl cut off.

Anyway i just got on the ACB official forum and read about other people having the wait time issue and the friend connecting issue. As of right now the best and easiest fix is to enable UPnP on your router. This will work for 99% of people. To enable your UPnP it should just be a check box in you router settings every router will be dif. They say this should cut down on wait times to 3 min to get into a match and should give you open NAT status to help with the connecting with friends. Even if only one of you would have a closed NAT setting you wouldn't be able to connect. It'll just say unreachable, and make sure you both have the new 1.0 DLC. That may cause issues as well. I'll will be test this tonight with a friend so i will let yous know how it works.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 1:55pm
uh oh, thats not good. Let me know how this goes.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:09pm
Yea they def have some issues to fix. From what i saw on the ACB forum this looks promising. I just have to remember what comp i set my router up on ha. I should know by the end of the night, so i'll def put it up for everyone. It was a huge let down last night but if this fixes it i will be happy again cause its fun as hell, and i'm sure with the right people it'll only make it better.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:28pm
yeah, so now I understand why I got a friend request from Jason last night,if that kid goes another 4 months of not being online again I'm no longer accepting his friend request.

If you don't get this working I dunno if I want to get this game then.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 5:32pm
KZ3. 2/11/11. nuff said.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 11:18am
I wish i had a better update but as of yet i do not. I spent 3 hours f***ing with my router and modem only to end up reseting both of them and just playing. I found the UPnP on my modem was not turned on so i turned that on and it didn't change my NAT type. The whole goal of this is to change your NAT type 3 to a type 2. If you already have a type 2 your already set and should have no problems. I have a good feeling i will end up having to call some kind of tech if i try to do it again and have no luck, but i will end up getting it. When i do, if anyone needs help just let me know and i can show you what either i did or helped me. For anyone that has had Black Ops hosting issues your NAT type is why. As i was reading last night i heard of people on other games having issues hosting because they had NAT type 3.

On a good note tho. When i started to play last night i didn't have any issues with wait times for getting into matches. I got in within a couple mins, and i got into some good groups and had some really good Manhunt matches. So the night did end well in terms of play. I just know when we want to start getting some matches goin from here were goin to need everyones NAT to be type 2. So everyone can connect without problems.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 4:28pm
what type of router do you have?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by BAIN

what type of router do you have?

I have a NETGEAR, but i'm pretty sure the problem is starting in the modem. I haven't messed with it yet since the last time. I'll probley give it another try this week.
-NocTuRnuS- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 4:55am
(I didn't read all posts)

I got this game a few days ago, and finished story too. Went multiplayer, waited 10 minutes, got into a match that finished as I joined... Basically I spent like 20 minutes getting into a match. This entire thing is rediculous. 
xNocTuRnuS-EXz_ForestTemple
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 10:47am
Originally posted by NbK_Aikgood

(I didn't read all posts)

I got this game a few days ago, and finished story too. Went multiplayer, waited 10 minutes, got into a match that finished as I joined... Basically I spent like 20 minutes getting into a match. This entire thing is rediculous. 

Its prob your NAT type. Your not the only one with this issue, but everyone who has fixed their NAT type to make it open has had very little issues. They haven't waited longer then 3 min to get into a match. Do you know how to check your NAT type? If you don't look at the NAT type 2 post at the top of the forum then post what type you have or if you don't feel like posting it just send me a pm and we can talk about some fixes.
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 2:03pm
the longest I have waited to get into a game is about 1 min, and guess why that is????

because Xbox live is No.1
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

the longest I have waited to get into a game is about 1 min, and guess why that is????

because Xbox live is No.1

Well i hate to bring you back down off your little high there, but it doesn't matter what system your on they both have been having the same issues. Its the way they configured the multiplayer set up.
-NocTuRnuS- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -NocTuRnuS- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 3:12am
It's no problem though. It isn't my Go2 multiplayer game anyway, hehe. I think it's more fun to just keep exploring and doing the side missions on the singleplayer.

xNocTuRnuS-EXz_ForestTemple
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:55pm
Well i got my NAT to Type 2 last night, so i will keep everyone posted if that has been the cause of the problems i been having so far. 
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 10:12am
Well great news for me. After getting my NAT type changed every problem i have had so far has disappeared. I haven't waited longer then 30 sec to get into a match and i've connected with people that i couldn't before. So hurray for things being fixed, now if i could only find a way to play better.
iAM_KayoticKilla View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 2:34am
I'd have to agree. getting into an online game is kind of a pain. The key to inviting your friends to join is to to 'create a group' and invite them from there. I wish they had some type of actual lobby system like ut3. Where you can see what game type is being played and how many people are currently playing. I'd have to agree though, once you're able to get into a game, it's fun as all get out. Yeah, at the earlier levels, you're at a disadvantage if you're up against a level 50 thats for sure. When you finally unlock the templar vision, it helps. Hit me up some time if you want to play. Me and a friend try to play this online quiet often.
iAM_Dedicated, iAM_Dependable, iAM_Dynamic: I Am KayoticKilla
 Post Reply Post Reply