Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Keyboard and Mouse is Cheating!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DEVIL_-ReVeNgE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboard and Mouse is Cheating!
    Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 2:07pm

If kb/m is cheating than whats controller and mouse o.O ConfusedI use all. Frag fx,kb/m,c/m,and controller.

combo?
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by iTz-He4DSh0T

I like how they still call that sensitivity 'insane' in halo reach
I'm guessing it's similar to the default on unreal? Where you can turn it up about 4 times as high or something like that
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Iuckshot

I like how they still call that sensitivity 'insane' in halo reach
I'm guessing it's similar to the default on unreal? Where you can turn it up about 4 times as high or something like that

Pretty much yeah LOL Halo has allways had a slow turning speed.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:29pm
kb/m doesn't have an advantage? hahaha all I gotta say is that no one and I mean NO ONE.. not even those guys that you think are beasts in this game, Paw, Bumrush, or anyone else you think are awesome that I have played against has ever killed me with such accuracy as a kb/m player

I have NEVER been killed in the air after kamakazing my scorpion, I have NEVER been killed by a HELLBENDER turret with one shot in a viper or a scavenger bouncing off of walls by ANYONE other than Hint Korp or Helscream (the only ones who really play warfare who uses kb/m)

Of course they have an advantage or else everyone would be doing all of these nasty kills on me. I'm not saying it's wrong, I think it's good.. it's a challenge for me!! I say anyone who wants to use a kb/m.. bring it!! lol
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:44pm
lol paw dosent play with kb/m jp xD neither does bum i believe, plus phant plays with both  (not at the same time, but knowing phant.. he probably could) lol... hell  i have got quite a good amount awesome kills like the ones u described :P lol...  i agree it does have an advantage, even though kb/m does not have 100% useablity when compared to using a kb/m on a pc.. where headhunter described about the inablilty to do a 180 turn with a "flick"... nonetheless it offers the user better aiming and higher level of control due to still using the whole hand and wrist in comparison to just a thumb on a ps3 controller... even with the adjustment and differences on a ps3 such as mouse lag, aim assist.. its still definatly an advantage.. just not as effective as PC.... that being said... ut3 and other games were made to support kb/m so imo its not cheating... alot of people dont even use kb/m for the sheer benefit and advantage... they would choose it cos it would be their primary choice of  imput device because of being used to it for so long....
hinterland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hinterland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:47pm

If you guys still believe there's a Advantage I recommend you plug a USB Mouse into your PS3 & start up UT3, Go into a Private Match & turn up Mouse Sensitivity and try do little & Fast Movements. You'll notice the Mouse Pixel Skips all over the Place & isn't very accurate so thats the Hole Aiming Advantage thrown out

You're doing it wrong. Turn acceleration all the way down (you can't completely get rid of the acceleration, which I find really, really annoying) and turn sensitivity down to as low as you can tolerate it. I think mine is at 2. There may be a few other changes necessary; I can look up my settings later if anyone is interested. The skipping all over the place you're seeing is probably the acceleration though.

There are disadvantages to using the mouse/keyboard setup, primarily the aim assist. I can hit you much better at a distance than I can up close because I end up fighting with the aim assist. Also, I still get ****d by controller players, because I am horrible.

Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:52pm
and headhunter... i remember when u was at ur prime... u hit most of your shots.. and had some great snipe kills... and alot of the time a good majority of vctf players couldnt get past the bridge on suspence... so your saying that was primarily because of your skill and not because of the use of KB/M and you could of done the exact same with a controller? i dont believe that in my honest opinion lol
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by hinterland

You're doing it wrong. Turn acceleration all the way down (you can't completely get rid of the acceleration, which I find really, really annoying) and turn sensitivity down to as low as you can tolerate it. I think mine is at 2. There may be a few other changes necessary; I can look up my settings later if anyone is interested. The skipping all over the place you're seeing is probably the acceleration though.

There are disadvantages to using the mouse/keyboard setup, primarily the aim assist. I can hit you much better at a distance than I can up close because I end up fighting with the aim assist. Also, I still get ****d by controller players, because I am horrible.

"Turn acceleration" option only affects the Controller, it's allways enabled on a Mouse.

I was telling them to turn the Mouse Sensitivity up so they could see them self's how bad the Pixel Skipping & unaccurate it is. I use to play on a Sensitivity of 1 back in the good old days when people thought I had a "Aimbot" LOL
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

and headhunter... i remember when u was at ur prime... u hit most of your shots.. and had some great snipe kills... and alot of the time a good majority of vctf players couldnt get past the bridge on suspence... so your saying that was primarily because of your skill and not because of the use of KB/M and you could of done the exact same with a controller? i dont believe that in my honest opinion lol

No "I" couldn't with a Controller because I Can't use 1 to save my life xD

Back then Me & QuickRc just came from PC UT3 so i new how to play & i had great Hitscan accuracy so yeah i say skill kinda comes into it but not much Confused i dno lol i was just a Freak back then LOL

I'm sure any skilled Controller player thats good with hitscan weapons could do the same thing, Pawwezy for Example.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 4:15pm

lol paw dosent play with kb/m jp xD neither does bum i believe, plus phant plays with both  (not at the same time, but knowing phant.. he probably could) lol... hell  i have got quite a good amount awesome kills like the ones u described :P lol...  i agree it does have an advantage, even though kb/m does not have 100% useablity when compared to using a kb/m on a pc.. where headhunter described about the inablilty to do a 180 turn with a "flick"... nonetheless it offers the user better aiming and higher level of control due to still using the whole hand and wrist in comparison to just a thumb on a ps3 controller... even with the adjustment and differences on a ps3 such as mouse lag, aim assist.. its still definatly an advantage.. just not as effective as PC.... that being said... ut3 and other games were made to support kb/m so imo its not cheating... alot of people dont even use kb/m for the sheer benefit and advantage... they would choose it cos it would be their primary choice of  imput device because of being used to it for so long....

You read my post wrong, I was stating that good controller users, paw and bum never ever kill me with amazing shots like hintkorp does. If KB/M had a disadvantage you would think they would be able to kill me like that. I didn't bother reading the rest of your message.

kb/m is not cheating
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 4:21pm

I still get ****d by controller players, because I am horrible.

lol.. when?
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 4:30pm
lol ah ok then jp... and only what u read what directed to you.. the rest was me explaining my opinion on why kb/m is an advantage.. also me stating how kb/m wasnt cheating.. meaning i was agreeing with u :)
gr01n5h07 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote gr01n5h07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by DEVIL_-ReVeNgE-

Originally posted by gr01n5h07

Guys... KB/M = advantage over controller, especially when sniping... It is not cheating since the devices are supported.
Godmode = cheating, Aimbot = cheating, KB/M != (not) cheating
If you KB/M players want to see how good you really are play against other KB/M players.  If you lose to controller players, you lost even with an advantage ;P

wow. Coming from someone who is trash .How funny.

Love when people think kb/m=advantage.
Nope... the funny thing is you have to hide behind an alt to say that to me... Afraid that someone who is "trash" might beat you in game?  
BTW... in all your infinite wisdom you "failed" to add anything to this thread LOL
Bots > Me > valjohn > Syzygy
PSN/XBL: gr01n5h07, MLP_gr01n5h07, sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd, JFF_DuCkTaPe
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:34pm
2v2 tdm? me & banana boy vs DEVIL ReVeNgE & whoever? 2 days notice first though
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
hinterland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hinterland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 6:33pm

"Turn acceleration" option only affects the Controller, it's allways enabled on a Mouse.

I just messed around with and this seems to be true. Guess I turned it down at the same time I turned down sensitivity. Anything higher than 2 on sensitivity feels really floaty 

Originally posted by JPINATOR

lol.. when?

I think I've lost every time I've tried to duel on PS3 Approve. Protip for killing me: fire a rocket beside me. I'll walk or dodge into it. every. single. time.

Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/
DEVIL_-ReVeNgE- View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEVIL_-ReVeNgE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 8:36pm
yeah we'll vs you too. Me and which ever devil member wants to smash you two f**s.
combo?
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEVIL_-ReVeNgE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 8:40pm
lets 2v2 tonight. add me up and we'll get everything set noobs.
combo?
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEVIL_-ReVeNgE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 8:45pm
i'll skip the DM stuff to reck you scrubs. Lets try to even do a 3v3. Me,terror,and villin. Us or Eu doesn't matter.
combo?
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 10:03pm

lol.. when?

I have gotten shots like you described on plenty of players..just probably not on you..yet..lmao...I headshotted darakoom twice when he was jumping down in mid air with the orb on tank crossing.

me and hint-korp go at it a lot..its fun
PSN:Imaginative
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 1:44am
Sorry Bum, I've played against you quiet a few times in Warfare.. you don't amaze me as much as Hint amazes me.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 2:29am
Originally posted by DEVIL_-ReVeNgE-

i'll skip the DM stuff to reck you scrubs. Lets try to even do a 3v3. Me,terror,and villin. Us or Eu doesn't matter.

ok Mikey but i said give us some notice noob :) now calm down its just for fun homie lol
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 2:33am

You read my post wrong, I was stating that good controller users, paw and bum never ever kill me with amazing shots like hintkorp does. If KB/M had a disadvantage you would think they would be able to kill me like that. I didn't bother reading the rest of your message.

kb/m is not cheating
well technically you play vs hintkorp much more than you do vs paw or bum
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 2:58am
Anyone with half a brain knows the mouse gives you tracking advantage. Not because it moves faster, but because the whole world is extremely proficient with using mice. I can track a moving object perfectly with a mouse with one eye open. With a controller, it is impossible for my thumb to possess the accuracy my hand has on a 2d surface. Pointing and clicking is as simple a function as clicking an icon on your desktop. Plain and simple.

You know how you can tell someone is using a mouse? They are standing in one place with a sniper rifle all the way across the map. i.e., standing on the avril tower on Suspense or at the end of the maps and sniping. No offense to Helscream, but he's never been a quick moving player. But when he posts up in one spot, good luck killing him. Movement, however, I believe is easier with a controller.

KB/M is not cheating. It's a cheap way of playing on an unequal playing field. I purchased a console to sit back on my couch, with my feet up on the coffee table with a contoller in my hands, playing a game. I did not buy a console to sit at a desk with a kb/m setup like my work computer. So for those that think they are so good at sniping people's heads off from 900 feat away in a game, good for you. If you need cheap kills, plug that crap in. If you want to play like the rest of us, pick up the DS3 controller and kick back to have fun.

And who the hell is hint-corp? Because we played against him yesterday, and I wasn't impressed.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 7:37am
hint-korp is a pc ut3 player who transfered to ps3 a while back.. he goes under hinterland on here lol.. i actually have only played against him once, very briefly so i cant coment about how good he is or isnt cos i dont know lol.. and pin i dont know if u read my post but as i said... most people dont just play with kb/m for the sheer advantage, kb/m players would use it because it is their preferred imput device, since they would have been using it for a long time lol.. and about the people who sit far away and snipe most of the game.. not all has kb/m lol.. for example DEVIL_-V3ndetta.. really good with hitscan.. one of the best imo... controller, Associate.. controller lol im just saying them two cos ive heard ya bsay they used kb/m before lol. i do agree with u that kb/m is an advantage.. but i dont agree when ya say they are playing cheap.. its what they are used too lol
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 7:48am
It is an advantage, and like Seph said..I don't care, it doesn't annoy me cause it's good competition. But when I beat e.g. Fu.K.-Zake in a sniper duel all the time, remember that he chose an advantage and still lost, it's kinda sad.

And I get tired of ppl saying others use kb/m just because they lost to them. If it's true or not, it's stupid.
Ha and according to Skiller I use kb/m
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>