FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Keyboard and Mouse is Cheating!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboard and Mouse is Cheating!
    Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 8:15am
I didnt read all this, but I do think it was an unfair advantage when I had a kb/m on my ps3.  I could easily track some one and lead them with tracking instead of flip the stick in one direction and let them 'run' into it.  Maybe that was just me, but I thought it made it much easier.  
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 11:38am
i never used the keyboard but in my honest opinion when I used mouse and controller vs just only controller I noticed a few things.

The controller I was always consistent in what I could do.
I could snipe better with the controller. (remember I live in Cali with an average of 100 ping, on lan or instant action the mouse was **** though)
Basically the controller is easier to stay calm with, the mouse you get nervous and you will miss by a long shot.
Sure they're are shots you can do with a mouse that are impossible with a controller.
But UT3 isn't about only aim lol. Its about what you do with what you got. (if the guy uses mouse don't fight him in the open when he has a stinger LOL common sense)
Its only an advantage, (to me) if you make up an excuse for yourself.
As long as I have been playing, the only real advantage is ping. Which unfortunately 75% of you have a better ping then me when we meet on the battlefield.

It doesnt matter if you use a sixaxis, a ds3, kbm, m/c, or the fragfx. It doesnt make you an automatic beast. Its about the mindset lol.

Ping is the only real advantage on this game otherwise its just excuses.
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Sorry Bum, I've played against you quiet a few times in Warfare.. you don't amaze me as much as Hint amazes me.
I dont amaze anyone..lmao..Just saying I was murderin hint in those games everytime I encountered him..not saying he's a bad player or anything tho.
PSN:Imaginative
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 3:02pm
No one amaze me in warfare. Just saying...
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by BuMrUsH

Originally posted by JPINATOR

Sorry Bum, I've played against you quiet a few times in Warfare.. you don't amaze me as much as Hint amazes me.

I dont amaze anyone..lmao..Just saying I was murderin hint in those games everytime I encountered him..not saying he's a bad player or anything tho.

Oh whatever Bum, you do too! lol
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 4:20pm

Cheating? That's too strong a phrase but it does create an imbalance. A mouse has more precision than a controller (as Pinnacle i think suggested) so its easier to score hits.

• Also you are using your dominant hand for primary and secondary fire, as against both hands, so the brain will process this quicker.
  • KB keys have a better response time than joysticks e.g. change weapons (although this may not necessarily be discernable for KB consoles due to USB input device drivers for PS3).
  • UT3 was designed for KB/M and adapted for consoles, there could be advantages in the game engine like dodge jumps - IDK but its food for thought!

I agree with Phantaci lag is more detrimental than KB/M although if given a choice I would prefer a level playing field, wouldn't we all! No more Suspense where 5 guys are sniping from the far end of the bridge or Necropolis - same. It tells you who's playing with what when in VCTF no one votes for Containment. WF its Downtown for snipe practice. TDM its well yeah Deck, Defiance, Sentinel, Arsenal etc. TBH its only an advantage if you can master it. In fact there are lots of perceivable advantages for getting the brain to respond quickly/accurately so i'll winge about those left-handed bast4rds, those b1tches who have 20:20 vision, any who who plays the drums or keyboards, anybody who plays sport competitively, any tw4t who is bi-lingual or any freak with an unerring twitch-time. U cheating fkers - u should be banned from online gaming for life imo!

Play the game and have fun...and if it ain't then simply...don't play!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Cheating? That's too strong a phrase but it does create an imbalance. A mouse has more precision than a controller (as Pinnacle i think suggested) so its easier to score hits.

• Also you are using your dominant hand for primary and secondary fire, as against both hands, so the brain will process this quicker.
  • KB keys have a better response time than joysticks e.g. change weapons (although this may not necessarily be discernable for KB consoles due to USB input device drivers for PS3).
  • UT3 was designed for KB/M and adapted for consoles, there could be advantages in the game engine like dodge jumps - IDK but its food for thought!

I agree with Phantaci lag is more detrimental than KB/M although if given a choice I would prefer a level playing field, wouldn't we all! No more Suspense where 5 guys are sniping from the far end of the bridge or Necropolis - same. It tells you who's playing with what when in VCTF no one votes for Containment. WF its Downtown for snipe practice. TDM its well yeah Deck, Defiance, Sentinel, Arsenal etc. TBH its only an advantage if you can master it. In fact there are lots of perceivable advantages for getting the brain to respond quickly/accurately so i'll winge about those left-handed bast4rds, those b1tches who have 20:20 vision, any who who plays the drums or keyboards, anybody who plays sport competitively, any tw4t who is bi-lingual or any freak with an unerring twitch-time. U cheating fkers - u should be banned from online gaming for life imo!

Play the game and have fun...and if it ain't then simply...don't play!
lol
I agree, it's not cheating, it does give an advantage but I don't really care, and it's part of the game after all.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 4:55pm
I cant honk my horn on ut3, mouse /Kboard can!
And I play ut3 pc version with mouse n Kboard. Its easier to hitscan and snipe.
Im total shait with it so i stick to my paddy controller tho.
Im not saying its cheating... But it is a difference.
And therefore certain player use it to get an advantage!
In the future i think it will even out, when new controllers can be adjusted properly..
If its analog its analog..

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 5:32pm
crouching + honking = wtfh4x
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Iuckshot

crouching + honking = wtfh4x

haha i can float in midair because i can Crouch it's awesome Big smile
LunarBlackcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LunarBlackcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by J_Rivers

Originally posted by Arkos315

LMAO...you still Crack me up Lunar...O_o
No doubt, 315. Este tipo es tremendo CoMePinGa.

This clown's stupidity level is only rivaled by Prodigy's fake death. But then again, at least Prodigy stayed “virtually dead“ - go figure.

How many times did I molest u in pubs  J_Rivers?? Who are u, Oh I know. You only exist because I left the game and it somehow made room for the pathetic noobs to team up and get good against other noobs.

J-Rivers, when the next installment of UT hits the next gen consoles, I'll be ready to smack you like the redheaded step child you are. Oh yeah tell the other ex-blackcats and BK rejects in AR that Lunar said see ya next UT.
"Don't cross a Blackcat."
DEVIL_-ReVeNgE- View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEVIL_-ReVeNgE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 11:50pm
o.O. IF ut4 comes out lollol.

Wow i cant wait to pwn you'r ass in UT4 lol.
combo?
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 11:44pm
Lunar, you are the $hit stain that cums outta my anu$ whenever I fart when I'm drunk. You are & will always be the biggest fu¢kface that this dead-a$$ game has ever known. So take your little clan of pu$$ycats & treat yourselves to some Wisker Lickens.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 1:26am
I just so happen to had a wireless mouse laying around.  It was kind of broken though, but it still works.  Man, that dragging thing really is kind of annoying, especially with a kind of messed up wireless mouse.  It didn't take long for me to realize why we didn't use that one anymore.  Either way, I experienced the issues with the mouse first-hand.  Even if it's a working mouse (wired's probably better), I doubt I'll ever play KB/M or C/M.  Controllers work just fine for me.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 3:27pm
zzzZZZZZ
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by DEVIL_-ReVeNgE-

o.O. IF ut4 comes out lollol.

Wow i cant wait to pwn you'r ass in UT4 lol.

LOL me or you would own him anyday xD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 12:26pm
movement and dodging is about as important as anything else.. some people move great so there harder to hit.. it is harder to dodge someone thats good with kb/m then someone using a controller imo.. id bet cash that TX and ChrisC use kb/m.. its not cheating but its an advantage.. some kb/m mouse users try to act c***y when they snipe.. thats what i don't get? kb/m has advantages 4 sure but controller can hang with kb/m in most situations.. i agree with Phantasi that connection is the #1 factor.. say Phantasi hosted ctf or tdm and there were some great kb/m users on the other team, Phantasi would still dominate because of the perfect connection.. being on host or playing against someone on host shows how big of a difference that a connection can make
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 1:44pm
i agree with most of that syz..apart from TX and chris using kb/m... lol they dont.. well i knwo for sure tx dont lol.. and i doubt chrisC does..... also conmnnection isnt everything... it plays a large part in who does beter but even people with alot of lag can still beat peoplle who has hardly any lol
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 1:54pm
yeah but we'd win easier if we didnt lag :P
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 2:43pm
TX is cheating somehow when he does that manta glitch!!!!
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 2:58pm
xD its not a glitch (so he says).. anyone can do it.. just gotta know what to do :P really simple once u know xD and i could do it b4 him anyway lol.. and headhunter/quick/dragov werte the first people i can remember who done it
T2D-QuickRC View Drop Down
Team T2D
Team T2D

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 3:26pm
RONG!! me and HH showed the ps3.UT3 community!
   AM UR REDBULL.. AND LETS FLY AWAY!!
T2D-QuickRC View Drop Down
Team T2D
Team T2D

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 3:28pm
and if am right "i" was the 1st to find out you could do it with the pad :)
   AM UR REDBULL.. AND LETS FLY AWAY!!
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 3:51pm
What is a "rong"? Some kind of erplein?
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

i agree with most of that syz..apart from TX and chris using kb/m... lol they dont.. well i knwo for sure tx dont lol.. and i doubt chrisC does..... also conmnnection isnt everything... it plays a large part in who does beter but even people with alot of lag can still beat peoplle who has hardly any lol

i bet they do use kb/m atleast part of the time :) sometimes lag can acually help you survive.. ive been hit with sh1t and didn't take any damage when i was lag'n real bad.. bad lag kills your hitscan 4 sure.. i hear some eu players complaining as soon as they join a US server because of lag so connection makes a big difference.. clan wars ctf is sh1tty 4 me 4 some reason? i ping 100 but it plays more like 200
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>