Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

$20 Bin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $20 Bin
    Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:42pm
Alright i'm looking for a older game to hold me over for a little til i find or decide which new game to get. I'm looking for a $20 or under game, and i don't really care if it has multiplayer or not. Any good advice would be great since i don't feel like reading about every game thats $20.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 2:46pm
welli recently got dragon age and bioshock 2... they are cheap so u could try those?.. uncharted 2 i think its mid price range now.. great game.. or even uncharted 1...bayonetta.. i dont know what games you like and what you have played so i dont know what to suggest.. but they are good games.. :)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 2:46pm
ooooo any of the bioshocks would be good!!
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:02pm
If you can find GTA4 for cheap, that game has infinite replayability
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:14pm
i was looking at Bioshock 2. dragon age may be a good choose, i do like rpg's.

i played gta4 for awhile but got bored after beating it, but then again i never played it online. So im guess the online play with friends is what keeps that one goin. 
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:15pm
i play all types of dif games. so any game you might have played or know thats good im open to.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:16pm
You will have at least 1 friend that will play with you
hieuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hieuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:30pm
depends, do you play any other console like psp, xbox, d.s. also are you the type to just playthrough it or 100 percent complete the game. here what I think for around 20 bucks
is
disgaea 3(ps3): mostly grinding and tastic rpg but MOSTLY grinding( it will keep you busy alright)

Jax and Daxter(ps2): alot of moving and traveling rpg but buttom smashing. not final fantasy style.

any final fantasy series (psn store): ask thatsmatt about the details

Street fighter 4(ps3 or 360): cheap fighting but easy online battling. ( hey battle anyone online)

or save the money and just play ut3 hahahaha

ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:36pm
LOL i like how u say ask me for details xD i like final fantasy but im not FF expert.. ive only played 7, FF:7 DoC, a bit of FF7 CC... X, X2, 12, 13.... nothing before that xD ive only played FF8 a tiny bit.. its sitting on my shelf... it was alright and i knew iyt would probably end up to be great.,... but didnt get into it lol....
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:01pm
if u wanna trophy whore....u could probably get the Sly Cooper Collection for around that...3 games, 3 plats, cheap price
depending on ur abilities, time to platinum will b between 10-20 hours per game...oh n its also got a mini games section so theres like 10 trophies there
other than that id say try something along the lines of Prince of Persia maybe? the 3 PoP games from the PS2 r in the playstation store, or the new one is probably around $20 now
RE5 is pretty cool...theres really so much to list
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

LOL i like how u say ask me for details xD i like final fantasy but im not FF expert.. ive only played 7, FF:7 DoC, a bit of FF7 CC... X, X2, 12, 13.... nothing before that xD ive only played FF8 a tiny bit.. its sitting on my shelf... it was alright and i knew iyt would probably end up to be great.,... but didnt get into it lol....

You should finish 8, i actually really enjoyed that game it gets way better as you go, really sucks you into the story like 7 and 10 do....

Dont get 9, its crap

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

ooooo any of the bioshocks would be good!!
I totally agree with you, MaMa.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 1:08am
I was in best buy picking up 2 or 3 xbox exclusive games and i saw that fallout 3 collectors edition with all the DLC's is a steal. If you havent played it i say check that game out, it will take you a LONG ASS TIME to finish every single thing in that game.

hinterland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hinterland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:57am
Originally posted by TX2k7

if u wanna trophy whore....u could probably get the Sly Cooper Collection for around that...3 games, 3 plats, cheap price
depending on ur abilities, time to platinum will b between 10-20 hours per game...oh n its also got a mini games section so theres like 10 trophies there

Even though they improved the graphics on the Sly games, the gameplay is still really dated. Sly 2 is almost unplayable for me because the game doesn't let you invert the y-axis. Sly 1 is a really easy platinum that you can get through a normal playthrough (~7 hours). The minigames are awful - completely and utterly worthless. It feels like they threw them in there at the last minute so they could slap a 'move compatible' logo on the box. 

Originally posted by Sephiroth_v7

You should finish 8, i actually really enjoyed that game it gets way better as you go, really sucks you into the story like 7 and 10 do....

Dont get 9, its crap

This is all lies! Final Fantasy 8 is garbage and Final Fantasy 9 is one of the best (after 7 and 6). FF8 experimented with jRPG mechanics of the time and it didn't work well, imo. FF9 was an homage and return to the classic style.

Some cheap games I'd recommend:
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is quite good if you want an action/adventure game.
Singularity is decent if you want a first-person shooter with a story.
3D Dot Game Heroes is decent if you want an old-school Zelda clone.
Ratchet & Clank games are great (I'd recommend them over the Sly Collection).
Yakuza 3 is perfect if you ever sat around wondering what it would be like to be a former yakuza boss running an orphanage. And Yakuza 4 comes out this month Wink.
Darksiders is decent for a God of War style game that is slightly more open, though I got a bit bored with it toward the end (about a 17 hour game).
Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 12:47pm
Dead Space
Infamous
Lost Planet 2
God of War Collection: God of War 1 & 2
Borderlands (if you don't have it).
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 1:03pm
Also Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. So many games on 1 disc; Over 40 classic titles.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 1:45pm
Fat Princess sounds like it would be more your speed.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 2:06pm
Ok so i'll try to reply to everyone, then it'll be story time. thanks everyone for the ideas.

sorry i should have said this was for ps3. i dont really care about the trophies. i was just looking for a descent game for cheap. yea i know theres a **** ton you could mention, thats why i was hoping everyone would give their top couple that they have played and liked. which everyone did so thanks again.

As for the FF's, i'm def a big fan of the series. so i played or have most of them. FF7 and FF10 were my favs. the materia/weapon system in 7 is prob why i like that one so much. thats still my fav magic/weapon system ever. i cant comment on 9 cause that might be the only one i never played. saw a friend playing it for a little and just couldn't get into it for some reason.

I have Fallout 3. i got into it for awhile and that **** is long as hell, but for me it got boring as hell too. i got tired of buying ammo and running back and forth to the same places to store equipment. none the less if you dont get bored of doin that it would be an amazing game for ya.

Ok story time, yaaaayyyyy. So i posted this yesterday morning, and really didnt plan on getting anything for maybe a week or so til i heard everyones advice. Then after a ****ty days work, i headed home and had to stop at the grocery store cause i knew chips were on sale, and i wanted some damn chips. As i pull in to the shopping center i notice the blockbuster covered in these big black and yellow signs..... "store closing everything on sale." I thought to myself i'll go in here and see what they are all selling and what price are there dvd's at. well as soon as i walked in the doors theres the ps3 game rack staring me in the face with a weird golden glow like this was meant to be and a sign..." 10% off." i'm think there can't be any decently price games here, but i'll check it out anyway. the rack was pretty bare but i did not this gold/green glow coming from one of the cases.... what do my little eyes spy, Bioshock 2, and what else do my eyes see $9.99. yes please and may i have another. i was sold right there until i saw Resistance 2 right next to it for $14.99. So after a little chat with a friend i decided to go with Bioshock 2. End total $9.53. Its was a good end to a ****ty day.

Now why you ask did i tell you this story...... hhmmmmm good question. I have no idea, other then i'm on my lunch break and really bored.

Moral to this story if you have a Blockbuster near you see if that b'tch is closing, you might just find something.
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 3:06pm
Haha Milly i enjoyed your story. You lucky Son of a btich.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
 Post Reply Post Reply