FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Duel Tourney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duel Tourney
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 1:34am
I'll join the noob duel lol, i can keep up with non duelers... but ppl that do that constantly beat me like a red headed step child

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 8:40pm
Better add my name NERDS
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:59am
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

quote feh... had him picking up daisiesWink 
dont you mean "pushing up daisies" lol
LOL i thought about putting that but it would be wack. , mine is better lol

and lets just wait for wopr aproval 1st
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:12am

btw, it would be nice to have this and yes it would be fun, but hey i see this as who has gotten better over the past year or two. for duel, mikey realy didnt have a chance to show everyone that he might be the best of the new Vs the old, as in Phant Vs Mikey(even tho mikey is a fake dueler imo).

we should have more tourneys. it would be fun and it can update who has become the best at what mode. lol Hey Phant you might have to renew your Duel Champ card lolWink

Vctf next? PLzzz...we need a updateEmbarrassedWink
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 5:53am
I have updated the roster and also sent Wopr a message asking him to give some feed back on the topic.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 6:57am
Vctf didn't work then, won't work now.
Duel should work cause it's not a whole team you have to gather but 2 players.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 12:39pm
Just a quick question, and if its dumb i apologize.

Why does Wopr need to be informed? Can't someone else set it up, or a couple people set it up? I'm sure Wopr is busy so why not have phant and CS work togother on runnin the tourny? Or someone else that is willing to do it. It doesn't have to have a cash prize.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

Im sure most people would be down for this, enough pro dueler's still play and this would be a great way to boost the community's interest abit.

I know its not just that simple and funding is needed for a small prize and server support, also WOPR will need to approve of this for the support of the website.

The reason I picked duel is because I believe its the most competitive game mode and the most intense for a tourney

This thread is just for feedback coz some people might not agree but there's no harm in throwing it out there.

Players List

- ColossusSlayer
- -DaGoN-
- Fehtalatee
- Phantaci
- BuMrUsH24SeV
- DEVIL_associate
- Anomolitics
- Xx_WaR-xX
- remY_is_Fn_a
- TuNA FISh
- Drokun
- Demon_On_Slaught
- GOD_BIOFREAK
still short one KuPcAKe on the list lol... dont you need it to be a even number of players as well?
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
GOD__BIOFREAK View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOD__BIOFREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:34pm
hopefully this goes down Big smile
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 6:35pm
It's HardhatTuna instead of tuna fish
- Best Coast

WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 10:31pm
So, I just read through all this...ummm....whatever you guys wanted to do I would be up for.  If you want to have people contribute to play or not have any prize but just want me to organize it. 

I have always liked the idea of having a duel tourney geared more towards intermediate players.  I feel like people that are decent duelers/players end up not signing up for the tourney's because they see the list of people in it and know they will get crushed.  Personally idg this because everything we've done is free to play so why not...but i know this is a reason nonetheless.  It would be interesting to see the results of that....the hardest part is deciding where the cutoff is for skill level.

I do need to check what I have for money because actually that DM tourney we just had I just paid out of my pocket, I never even did deposit the google check because I couldn't find it lol...I had them re-issue it though so I should have it soon...so it's almost like found money all over again by now. 

So we could do another tourney of some kind relatively soon.  Could do duel, the DM thing again or maybe we push our luck and try a 2v2 TDM or something lol.

The next few weekends are going to sketchy for me though so for anything I would be running it would be into May.  I think right now the first and second weekend in May would work for me. 

So I guess I'd like to hear what people think about what I've said, if we need to put up a vote to decide what we do we can do that.  I'm not trying to take away from what this thread is about which is a duel thing I just think if people want me to bring site funds into it then everyone should have a little say in it.

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 12:27am
i do really like the idea of a pro-AM, meaning a mid level duel tourny.  i agree that the reason alot of people dont want anything to do with it is what wopr said, people see the list and know theres no chance to win.   i think a 5 or so man tourny with a game set to everyone has to play everyone once and the person with the most wins, wins.  i think that would make for a great tourny.  maybe have a buy in idk just throwing it out there and dont mean to **** on the pro tourny that the thread was originaly for, i'd play in that tooThumbs Up
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:30am
The only reason I thought of a duel tourney is coz its easier to set up and the most competitive.

also I am willing to chip in about £10 - £15 that about $20 or abit more

I just want this to be an IAM tourney so we can have a great montage of the tourney :)
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 12:23pm
mikey gets to be in the pro tournament just so we can maybe match up >:)
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 12:58pm
what about having a mid level tourney and the top three get bumped up to the pro tourny.
- Best Coast

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

what about having a mid level tourney and the top three get bumped up to the pro tourny.
this
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 8:48pm
NO, that idea sucks.... shut the fu*k up tuna.
person who wins mid level tourney wins.... that is all 
:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 8:57pm

lol well rican you might as well not play ;)

puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:20pm
who always get 1st blood when we duel??
thats right, i do.
ill kill you once, and run for my life.... please believe.
*Remembers your comeback on Azul in last tournament.....  >.< *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by WOPR-1

So, I just read through all this...ummm....whatever you guys wanted to do I would be up for.  If you want to have people contribute to play or not have any prize but just want me to organize it. 

I have always liked the idea of having a duel tourney geared more towards intermediate players.  I feel like people that are decent duelers/players end up not signing up for the tourney's because they see the list of people in it and know they will get crushed.  Personally idg this because everything we've done is free to play so why not...but i know this is a reason nonetheless.  It would be interesting to see the results of that....the hardest part is deciding where the cutoff is for skill level.

I do need to check what I have for money because actually that DM tourney we just had I just paid out of my pocket, I never even did deposit the google check because I couldn't find it lol...I had them re-issue it though so I should have it soon...so it's almost like found money all over again by now. 

So we could do another tourney of some kind relatively soon.  Could do duel, the DM thing again or maybe we push our luck and try a 2v2 TDM or something lol.

The next few weekends are going to sketchy for me though so for anything I would be running it would be into May.  I think right now the first and second weekend in May would work for me. 

So I guess I'd like to hear what people think about what I've said, if we need to put up a vote to decide what we do we can do that.  I'm not trying to take away from what this thread is about which is a duel thing I just think if people want me to bring site funds into it then everyone should have a little say in it.

Since people are bound to have differing opinions on who is "pro" or not, why not have the cutoff be that anyone who has previously placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in a duel tourney, be considered a pro...then, those who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the mid-level tourney can play those who were excluded, in the pro tourney that follows.  This would be a non-subjective way of deciding who is "pro" or not...just a suggestion don't get mad. Smile

(edit: that last bit is not directed at you WOPR)
Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

who always get 1st blood when we duel??
thats right, i do.
ill kill you once, and run for my life.... please believe.
*Remembers your comeback on Azul in last tournament.....  >.< *
you can't run from the px5s son!
warfare's idea is pretty dope... however that would mean me, tuna and remy would sit out? But is remy even active?
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 6:02pm
Give me headphones and I wont die.

When I had headphones..I died once to none..
Now I dont have headphones..I die all the time and im very inconsistent..BUT
I still own the kids who do have headphones..meaning I still be winning..muahahaha
PSN:Imaginative
TripoXx View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx

Post Options Post Options   Quote TripoXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:53pm
hey make larger tournaments such as CTF or VCTF Warfare players to return or collect more emotion

PhyX_TripoX

PhyX_Artikuno
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by TripoXx

hey make larger tournaments such as CTF or VCTF Warfare players to return or collect more emotion
callenteeeeeeee cabrona joto ;) tu ingles es caca
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by TripoXx

Tripoz...i think everyone would love to see a vctf or ctf tourny, but no one except a few would show up so it would be a waste of time. iAM,qM, and A-R for Vctf and qM vs tri for ctf going at it is a site to see but no one would see it. the last one failed and i dont think any one would "want" to invest there time in it.

it would mean a lot more ppl would be playing if it was a high and low class(rican your high gtfo lol)

players like me would be low class, but the ppl with headphones would be high(you too Bum)

we can vote on who is going to be in low and high. from my pass matches i think everyone should be in high but its not my callEmbarrassed lol but good luck with dat WOPR!

Edit:i do think we should do a small vctf ALL STAR match. it would be easy to pick teams. just see who can fly, tank driver, flag runner, etc so the teams would be even.(NO CLAN MATCH UPS)
it would be just for fun. it can have 4 teams, team, 1,2,3,4 or bue, red, green, and yellow(ill be in da yellow teamEmbarrassedkidding)

just throwing that out there. ca this would have a chance ca who ever realy do play and have time to play will sign up and show up. it beats forcing a clan mate to play for there clan even tho he doesnt have time.

i know what i said ^^^ but this idea do have a lil more chance of success in a way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>