| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

VCTF customs maps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VCTF customs maps
    Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:16am
Wich VCTF customs maps work on dedicated server ?

Megastructure ?
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 12:23pm
i dont think megastructure does, but if you can that would be awesome! be nice to play that. I thought rails and stranded were the only ones they could get to work tho? im not sure tho

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 1:31pm
i tried megastructure and couldn't get it to work. benwa told me of one that he got working but i can't remember the name. the only warfare map that i got working was flare. custom maps on a public dedicated server can be more of a problem than their worth. people who don't even have the maps installed on their ps3's will vote for the customs. next thing you know the server has emptied out and it's stuck on a map that no one has. then you have to either reset it or go in and play it out.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 1:36pm
Draggy I know Lucracia SE does although it takes a while to load and Apex I heard does too but I didnt have that one on my server at the time. None of the others do tho. You could try re-cooking the PC maps for PS3 then posting the files here if they work. Strictly speaking u should ask the original map designers for permission but I guess its up to the individual.....
Here's a link u might find useful, if ur successful i'll come back and haunt u lol.

Update: Bains correct they can be a pain but I think a fundamental problem with UT3 is that its played out. A couple of servers with custom maps that work for PS3 would actually revitalise the current scene. I have DL PS3 server on my PC with the intention of trying to do something like this but atm I dont have time and I will need input from others here if I am to be successful. Mods and custom maps will rejuvenate UT3 for a while longer anyway imo.

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 2:26pm
ANY map with Raptor and/or Viper is a MUST imo...
cry2EUKing View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote cry2EUKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 2:44pm
plz get the GoW custom mods 4 warfare! GoW insane mod was truly insane i miss that server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHICH ONE OF U IS PRO GAMER??? O YAH DATS ME
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by cry2EUKing

plz get the GoW custom mods 4 warfare! GoW insane mod was truly insane i miss that server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hears that Admins needed to restart server all the time with this GoW customs mod
 Post Reply Post Reply