Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby vs Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rugby vs Football
    Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:49pm
I know this isn't rugby but damn.. this is why most people here in America hate soccer or "football".. haha

Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 9:00pm
Wow that justs makes soccer players look like even bigger pussy's..... faking injuries ftw

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:07pm
you see it in hockey and basketball too. it's amazing how easy it is to drop a 6'2", 200lb+ athlete.  just a sign of the times in pro sports.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 3:10am
just a few examples of some guys u dont wanna fk with:

Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 7:38am
To ALL: If u have ever played Rugby u really wouldn't call them guys f*gs, u question this and don't question why the NFL player gets to put his tackle in on a crash test dummy - c'mon really, in a sport so tough they couldnt find a real offensive player to test on? And seriously u think LA rugby club is on par with the Lions, French, Aussies or NZ All Blacks? Or any at club level. The test is flawed for many reasons mainly because of the inconsistency in the methods and subjects I would say.
As 4 football i'll just say theyre Spanish - lol our English players get sent off for fArt1ng in their general direction - we dont play the game in the same way as a rule. I was ashamed to watch this tho - bunch of fkn pl_lssies 4 sure. whatever their nationality or sport NO MAN/NO COMPETITOR amateur or pro should resort to this style of competing by cheating (the equivalent of glitching, hacking or CHEATING online - remember we see those b1tchez 2).
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 7:48am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

I know this isn't rugby but damn.. this is why most people here in America hate soccer or "football".. haha

JP if most people watched the premiership in US then they would not see this from our players its not our culture. English/British clubs are handicapped in European competition (like the one you have selected) because we play the game in the right competitive spirit - most times - and sometime we go OTT.
These 2 teams are widely tipped by experts as the 2 best teams in the world but if they came to the Prem (our national league) I doubt very much if either of them would have enough mettle to finish in the top 4. But thats my opinion when it comes down to pure football then yea they ar def up there at the top, we it comes down to acting/drama - same bracket as Tom Cruise, De Niro, Pachino AND more critically Meryl Streep!
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 9:22am
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 9:36am
You hardly ever see an English footballer dive or feign injury. Sure it happens but whatever. The game takes a lot more skill than any other sport in the world. You can find a million reasons to hate anything if you want... I'll leave you to it.
Click Me :)

iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 12:04pm
^^ exaclty lol...
and in reply to tx's post..... so what if your "football" players would come and destroy our football players.... they would of course... but just cos yours is a more tough sport with bigger/stronger men it doesnt mean that it's "real football"... its just simply not football!!! its not using your feet neither are they using a ball!
and i know spanish football is more fancy and they are more exciting to watch as they utilize faster gameplay and are more skillful but they are weak and do cry like a bunch of pansies lol... not like england.... even though u do get the odd few..... drogba for example.... hate him so much!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 12:14pm
who said the foot part has to mean actual Feet?    O:

RUGBY PLAYERS DONT USE RUGS
CRICKET PLAYERS DONT USE BUGS
BOWLERS DONT USE BOWLS

XD
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

^^ exaclty lol...
and in reply to tx's post..... so what if your "football" players would come and destroy our football players.... they would of course... but just cos yours is a more tough sport with bigger/stronger men it doesnt mean that it's "real football"... its just simply not football!!! its not using your feet neither are they using a ball!
and i know spanish football is more fancy and they are more exciting to watch as they utilize faster gameplay and are more skillful but they are weak and do cry like a bunch of pansies lol... not like england.... even though u do get the odd few..... drogba for example.... hate him so much!

Droggers isn't English though ;) 

Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Penguin

BOWLERS DONT USE BOWLS

XD
 lol +1

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

BOWLERS DONT USE BOWLS
XD
 lol +1

+2 lol
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

BOWLERS DONT USE BOWLS
XD
 lol +1

+2 lol

Rugby isn't a part of your body?
Cricket isn't a part of your body?
Bowlers isn't a sport or part of your body?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:22pm
Doesn't matter it's the same concept, Baseball uses "bases" and bases aren't a part of your body.

Who said you have to use what's in the name? or if it has to be a body part?  ;P 

Also, the definition of a ball....

ball/bôl/
Noun: A solid or hollow sphere or ovoid, esp. one that is kicked, thrown, or hit in a game.

a football = an ovoid that is thrown in a game.... so it's a ball.
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:34pm
You're totally missing the point. It is called FOOTball worldwide because the 6.5 Billion people that play it use their feet to kick to ball.

Thanks for defining what a ball is though... had no idea!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:42pm
LOL well the United States isn't gonna do something just because the rest of the world does it....which is why we don't use the Metric System   XD

and the definition of a ball was for Thatsmatt who claimed that a football wasn't a ball  (;  
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:46pm
Ha I never realised he said that...

United States never does anything because the rest of the world does it.... It does the exact opposite to try and be different. Don't worry I get the whole argument, neither side would ever admit the other is better :)

Side note... fav deadmau song? I like strobe a lot atm.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:55pm
LOL what a stubborn country   O:

danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 3:02pm
Tunes!!!

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by danjel3+5

Ha I never realised he said that...

ya hes a bit of a noob :S

United States never does anything because the rest of the world does it.... It does the exact opposite to try and be different.

thats right! lol we are stubborn fvcks xD
Don't worry I get the whole argument, neither side would ever admit the other is better :)

lol true...cuz our football is better :P (just pushn buttons, dnt worry haha)
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:23pm
i play both, football is better the most painful thing about rugby is getting cleated
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:56pm

BOWLERS DONT USE BOWLS
XD
 lol +1

+2 lol

1. Bowlers isn't a sport or part of your body?

LOL well the United States isn't gonna do something just because the rest of the world does it....which is why we don't use the Metric System   XD

and the definition of a ball was for Thatsmatt who claimed that a football wasn't a ball  (;  
Actually NO clever though you obviously are, my fellow Brummie (a person from the city of Birmingham, England) is correct the name of the sport depicts the activity, its heritage OR the origin. You are misrepresenting the English language by confusing the origins of words with the modern day usage of the prefixes or alternate meanings of "Cricket" etc. Also  you are confusing nouns (naming words) with actions (doing words). For e.g. Bowling is the action of propelling a ball/spherical object towards its target not a game that uses a bowl! And for the record Matt is correct too as football is a game played primarily with a persons foot/feet and a ball! He is actually echoing my sentiments in a previous post but he/we are still correct. 
Also BTW You gave a definition of "ball" that appears to be americanised. So since we are talking about the English language then perhaps a quote from the Oxford English Dictionary (10th Edition, 1999) might give a more credible definition as "a solid or hollow sphere (round shape) especially one that is kicked, thrown or hit in a game". Please note there is not use of the word "ovoid" - egg shaped or whatever. Not even spheroid - meaning "sphere-like but not perfectly spherical."
For too long American sport has competed against the rest of the world using the might of your culture and global influence as credibility a to the worth of your sport. Yes you are great at Athletics, Tennis too, Cycling. 
  • You gave the world Basketball which imo is the one sport that is truly compelling to play and rivals fooball (y'know the real one). I will quite frankly kiss your ass3s for this game. 
  • In truth you have the Superbowl which is a champion of champions in a domestic league. 
  • And you have the Baseball "world series" that actually is only played on 1 continent by 1 nation!
  • The question is how global are the sports that you play as a nation? 
You would think a game played primarily with your hands and running wouldn't be called football but thats America for you. I wish you guys would stop bast4rdising the English language because all you see here is stupid fvks who cant spell using UK English or spell checking in US English. Its suppoased to be their language but I guess they spend more time on the Internet than in real English classes/books etc. ANyway thats enough of a rant from me so I bid you good night OR should that be gud nite? 
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

BOWLERS DONT USE BOWLS
XD
 lol +1

+2 lol

1. Bowlers isn't a sport or part of your body?

Actually NO clever though you obviously are, my fellow Brummie (a person from the city of Birmingham, England) is correct, you are misrepresenting the English language by confusing the origins of words with the modern day usage of the prefixes or alternate meanings of "Cricket" etc. Also  you are confusing nouns (naming words) with actions (doing words). For e.g. Bowling is the action of propelling a ball/spherical object towards its target not a game that uses a bowl! And for the record Matt is correct too as football is a game played primarily with a persons foot/feet and a ball! He is actually echoing my sentiments in a previous post but he/we are still correct. 
Also BTW You gave a definition of "ball" that appears to be americanised. So since we are talking about the English language then perhaps a quote from the Oxford English Dictionary (10th Edition, 1999) might give a more credible definition as "a solid or hollow sphere (round shape) especially one that is kicked, thrown or hit in a game". Please note there is not use of the word "ovoid" - egg shaped or whatever. Not even spheroid - meaning "sphere-like but not perfectly spherical."
For too long American sport has competed against the rest of the world using the might of your culture and global influence as credibility a to the worth of your sport. Yes you are great at Athletics, Tennis too, Cycling. 
  • You gave the world Basketball which imo is the one sport that is truly compelling to play and rivals fooball (y'know the real one). I will quite frankly kiss your ass3s for this game. 
  • In truth you have the Superbowl which is a champion of champions in a domestic league. 
  • And you have the Baseball "world series" that actually is only played on 1 continent by 1 nation!
You would think a game played primarily with your hands and running wouldn't be called football but thats America for you. I wish you guys would stop bast4rdising the English language because all you see here is stupid fvks who cant spell using UK English or spell checking in US English. Its suppoased to be their language but I guess they spend more time on the Internet than in real English classes/books etc. ANyway thats enough of a rant from me so I bid you good night OR should that be gud nite? 

ehh 1 question?? why the fvck would you write all this? i looked at the bullet points and saw mainly 1 problem. most of your baseball players are from latin america some are even from japan, as a matter of fact more and more every year. also hockey is mostly russian and canadian. so as for how global? i'd say it's a decent amount.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Actually NO clever though you obviously are, my fellow Brummie (a person from the city of Birmingham, England) is correct the name of the sport depicts the activity, its heritage OR the origin. You are misrepresenting the English language by confusing the origins of words with the modern day usage of the prefixes or alternate meanings of "Cricket" etc. Also  you are confusing nouns (naming words) with actions (doing words). For e.g. Bowling is the action of propelling a ball/spherical object towards its target not a game that uses a bowl! And for the record Matt is correct too as football is a game played primarily with a persons foot/feet and a ball! He is actually echoing my sentiments in a previous post but he/we are still correct. 

-Sorry to disappoint but I'm sure the definition of words can change over time. So a football is still a ball. 

- "the name of the sport depicts the activity, its heritage OR the origin."
Says who?  Anyways, pertaining to the origin part, I read that basically there was Football in Europe, which restricted the use of hands. Players that didn't like that basically made Rugby Football. (It's actually called Rugby FOOTBALL on Wikipedia) and then Americans wanted to use the sport and alter it so they renamed it American Football to distinguish it from Rugby Football   :/

EDIT-  I don't even know why I'm posting in here, I don't even f***ing like sports   XDDDD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>