FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Help me pleeeeeaaassse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me pleeeeeaaassse
    Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 3:24pm
Anyhow, for this computer I want to install windows 7 ultimate. (but i want the legit version)
so this link is from my school. The wording however is throwing me off....
Am I purchasing windows 7 ultimate? Or is it assuming I have the basic windows 7 and this purchase won't work unless i have windows 7 home.

I'm sorry for the dumb question but help me out.

Also I want to dual boot Snow Leopard and Win 7, is that a good endeavour?
Thanks in advance.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 3:34pm
when i opened the link it said "page not found". what does it say in the requirements section?
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 3:35pm

1. If you want to dual boot, start with a Mac and dual boot windows.  Nothing runs Windows 7 Ultimate better than a Mac.  I can prove it.  I run it on an i7 MacBook Pro and it's scary fast/seamless.
  2. If you dual boot these 2 operating systems, go with 8Gb of RAM and use VMWare Fusion or similar rather than Bootcamp.  Allocate the memory evenly and it will be a rocket
  3. You can't install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with a Student key/license.  There is a specific edition for this discount licensing
  4. You don't need Ultimate unless you need to use Bit-Locker to protect your data or want a choice of 35 different languages to install - no other day to day features are added to Ultimate that would benefit the average user.
  5. Your link goes nowhere.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 3:37pm
Think u mean are u upgrading from Windows 7 or is it a straight forward install of W7 ultimate. Answer is dunno cos the link doesnt work. I know u can get W7 as a digital download but Ultimate gives u nothing worthwhile that u cant get with additional software imo .Phantaci is this a PC or Mac? Afaik Snow Leopard only works on Mac systems but they can run Windows too. 
EDIT: I concur with Aqua dont get Ultimate unless its the same price as Home/Basic W7 and stack it out with RAM - minimum of 4GB and iCore 3 or 5 processor or AMD equivalent.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Think u mean are u upgrading from Windows 7 or is it a straight forward install of W7 ultimate. Answer is dunno cos the link doesnt work. I know u can get W7 as a digital download but Ultimate gives u nothing worthwhile that u cant get with additional software imo .Phantaci is this a PC or Mac? Afaik Snow Leopard only works on Mac systems but they can run Windows too. 
EDIT: I concur with Aqua dont get Ultimate unless its the same price as Home/Basic W7 and stack it out with RAM - minimum of 4GB and iCore 3 or 5 processor or AMD equivalent.
My bad with the faulty link,
its a straightforward install on W7. I assumed ultimate was special, but obviously I'll get the professional ;)

Edit*
These are my specs will they work?
I plan on assembling a better computer before the end of the year just in time for mass effect 3 ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply