| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New PS3 Update!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PS3 Update!!
    Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:22pm
enjoy...Clap
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Crypto-_-421 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Crypto-_-421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:26pm
iI Agree!!!  Omg check and requiring an update! doing now!!!!!
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:27pm
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/

We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.

If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.

We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:36pm
PSN is NOT back.. just to clarify.. but they do want you to do the update
gr01n5h07 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote gr01n5h07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:49pm
Thanks... I did the update.
Bots > Me > valjohn > Syzygy
PSN/XBL: gr01n5h07, MLP_gr01n5h07, sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd, JFF_DuCkTaPe
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:52pm
no problem im here to helpSmile
Dalsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:09pm
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/kazuo-hirai-playstation-network-relaunch-announcement/

New video.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:14pm
see JP, I told you IHOP was not a douche. GOOD JOB IHOP!!!!!!
Dalsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:15pm
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

The PSN is being turned on gradually in the US :)

William Butler Yeats
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:24pm
Figures that link isnt showin up 4 me on da ps3 browser..
Dalsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:32pm
I did the update, and it's not up in France yet.

Apparently it's back in some states.

William Butler Yeats
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:41pm

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online.

WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:43pm
Ladies and gentlemen, your PS3 may technically be able to connect to PlayStation Network now, but we're not through the woods yet -- today, Sony is issuing a mandatory System Update (v3.61) which will prepare your game machine for that magical day when the company actually throws the switch. In the meanwhile, Sony says the update will prompt you to change your PlayStation Network password, which will likely rank among the easiest decisions that you've ever made.

Update: Sony's just announced that a "phased restoration" of PlayStation Network and Qriocity is beginning today, and that online gaming, Music Unlimited, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.TV should rolling out right now in Europe and North America. Watch cool cat Kaz Hirai deliver the good news in a video after the break.

Update 2: Sony's got a map of the US up, and will be lighting up individual states -- check out our more coverage link to get a rough idea of when you'll be able to play. The company also says it plans to have PlayStation Network fully functional by the end of May. PR after the break.
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:46pm
I wasn't asked to change my password when i did the update. Did you have to go somewhere to do that?
Dalsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:46pm
Well I can't wait any longer, it's almost 3am in France, I'm going to bed guys ^^

William Butler Yeats
Crypto-_-421 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Crypto-_-421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:50pm
updated & ready 2 lock&load my shock rifle!!
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by iAM_Determined

I wasn't asked to change my password when i did the update. Did you have to go somewhere to do that?

You'll have to wait till PSN comes back online, what I did was click on the "forgot your password" button when I try and sign in and it goes to a different menu but it says there its under maintenance.
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Originally posted by iAM_Determined

You'll have to wait till PSN comes back online, what I did was click on the "forgot your password" button when I try and sign in and it goes to a different menu but it says there its under maintenance.

thanks, thought i f'd up when i chose the auto shutdown after the update. so no ones changed their pw yet til we get online. sounds good thought since this was my 3rd ps3 that i might have problems since it wasnt the original ps3.
now just a few more hrs... i can almost smell it.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:00pm
lol yeah we are placing bets on what state will be up first, I picked North Dakota hahaha, Bain picked Texas of course.. couple people said Alaska or Hawaii haha
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:06pm
i say cali & west coast simultaneously (exclude Alaska & Hawaii)
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:18pm
going by everyone on this website, no one is from VA so im guessing its going to be one of the ones last in line...OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!Angry

im going to be the last one getting jumpboots

stupid playstation notwork!!
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:03pm

East coast , and west coast at the same time and theyll work there way into the middle

Tacote_del_Orno View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tacote_del_Orno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:11pm
Start in the center(midwest), then spread like a disease for all these gaming addicts
gr01n5h07 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote gr01n5h07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:18pm
PSN is up in NJ.  I just reset gr01n5h07 and sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd
edit: the store does not work for me, and I'm not sure what else does not work, but I'm just glad I could change my passwords.
Bots > Me > valjohn > Syzygy
PSN/XBL: gr01n5h07, MLP_gr01n5h07, sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd, JFF_DuCkTaPe
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:20pm
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

East coast is highlighted... they are first.. far west as New York
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>