Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Gran Tourismo 5
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Update 1.10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update 1.10
    Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:48am

ford-gt-nurburgring

As announced, the latest version of Gran Turismo 5, v1.10, has just been made available for download. Here’s a complete list of changes and bug fixes:

Racing Gear Items

• New racing gear items consisting of helmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players in A-Spec, or for any of the “My Drivers” in B-Spec.
  • There are plenty of variations to the racing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presents when you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful in online events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing their favourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile.
  • For more details, please refer to “Racing Gear” under Top Menu -  [Manual] – [GT Mode].

Special Online Event Campaign

• For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector’s Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.

Prizes for online events

• GT5 will now offer online events in which players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according to performance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them will vary per event.
  • Details of the various events are found in [GT Life] – [Online Events].

Parts purchases through the Settings screen

• In the Settings screen, parts that players have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearing next to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts will immediately be equipped on their car.
  • For details, refer to Top Menu –  [Manual] – [GT Life] – [Settings]

Improved Opponent AI Algorithm

• The search range of opponent AI has been expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.

Interrupting and resuming Championship races

• In the championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.
  • If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they can continue the championship race from where they left off.

Additional music track

• After playback of the ending movie (*short version), “Day To Live/daiki kasho” will be added as a bonus music track.

Other Changes

• Check the physical endurance of drivers that are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.
  • Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]
  • In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings], players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when the ballast position is changed.
  • The A-Spec driver is now displayed in the profile screen.
  • In the pit menu of B-Spec, the time limit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching “0″ in the count down, to “Until the car comes to a complete stop”.
  • The sorting order of the music album has been improved.
  • When selecting a track created in Course Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can now run single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those made before the update, and dirt tracks.)
  • It is now possible to take 3D photographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.
  • It is now possible to export 3D photographs to [Photo] on the XMB™.

Correction of Known Issues

• PDI has addressed the issue of the maximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differing from the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with the relevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for which each gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission in update versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
  • An issue with the increase and decrease of the online logon bonus has been corrected.
  • An issue where the player’s car and opponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec has been corrected.
  • A problem where racing sound effects were turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.
  • An issue of how dirty the oil is when players purchase a used car not being affected by the car’s mileage has been corrected.
  • An issue where some of the driver gear colours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.
  • An issue in the championships of GT Life where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwards has been corrected.
  • An issue where the menu BGM was being played back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.
  • An issue of the program freezing when opening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has been corrected.

A new “Expert Challenge Race” Seasonal Event has also been made available with the following races:

• Trial Mountain in a Fiat 500
  • Tsukuba in a Lotus Elise 111R
  • Laguna Seca in a Subaru Impreza Sedan
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:51am
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TRIPLE XP AND MONEY WHILE YOU CAN. AND THERE'S SOME SWEET HALF PRICED CARS AVAILABLE IN THE ONLINE DEALERSHIP. Remember, for a limited time only.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:55am
One thing that I noticed now is that when you hit the circle button to back out of a screen you actually back out. Before when you hit circle it would just send the cursor to the backout button then you would have to hit the X button.

And you gotta love being able to shop for parts from the settings menu in the pre-race screen.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 12:25pm
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this update wooohooo triple XP!!! 
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 8:38pm
they should take the feature they added to championships n add them to Endurance races too lol why didnt they think to do that?

also, i got silver in the damn Fiat Expert race & im not fairing well in the other 2...if anyone has some tuning tips please list specifics! i finish about -5 secs from 1st with the Fiat so im gettn close, but every tweak i make now barely affects da time.
the other 2 r bonkers, the Impreza just will not turn for the life of me, its fn frustrating & the Lotus burns out everytime i try to take a turn. lol ughhhhhh
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:21pm
Throttle control noob, learn how to drive.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 12:43am
shut up seph lol i drive just fine thanks, id like to see how u fare in the new seasonal events
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 1:17am
Bugatti cluster f*** FTW!!!!
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

shut up seph lol i drive just fine thanks, id like to see how u fare in the new seasonal events

all golds.... eat it

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 11:48pm
i highly doubt it lol u hv trouble golding da license tests haha noob
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 10:03am
i raced every license test once and went with the time i got, i just wanted the license, wasn't to concerned with golding them..... 15 golds with only doing each test once is pretty good i think ;)

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 12:12pm
ok good, I thought I was the only one just doing that.. and I'm proud to say I haven't got **** for gold trophies.. dont care either, which is why I'm going to spend 20million dollars on the redbull cause I tried the challenges and said fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck THAT!!!

Besides, I play fun games while I'm doing all these races.... for the muscle car seasonal at Daytona.. I have to say my opponents car make and model before I pass them... gotta do something to pass the time away.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 12:32pm
y would u spend $20mil on a car u get free @ lvl 35? LOL
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 12:36pm
Here is the reasons why I don't want to do that:
I wanted to get the Multimillion trophy
I get the redbull today
I've passed Seph in Aspec level which makes bain happy because he doesn't have to scroll down in the profile list to join my lounge
I can change my redbulls color
I don't have to waste time on doing stupid Bspec races
My redbull I think is better than the free one
CASE CLOSED!!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 1:08pm
LOL!!!
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 1:25pm
lol if i didn't work you wouldn't of passed me in a spec ;).... f***in job gettin in the way of ****... ugh

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 1:32pm
i'm gonna try like hell to get to at least lvl 39 A-Spec during this triple xp seasonal event promotion. right now i'm working on the $12,500,000 F2007 Ferrari Formula car. should have it tonight. might have to try for the $20,000,000 Ford Mark IV race car next. but damn thats alot of K Car, Muscle car and Supercar races, lol.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 1:39pm
the time & drift trials give u $1mil each for gold, so theres a few mill off da bat
n JP, ur red bull will b like ur Bugatti, hittn 270 wen we r at 283 & up lololol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 1:42pm
as close as i can figure here are the best three races for grinding out cash:

K Car Seasonal - 5th Race - $93,876 per minute based on a 3:15 race

Supercar Seasonal - 5th Race - $93,333 per minute based on a 5:15 race

Muscle Car Seasonal - Daytona - $71,765 per minute baesd on a 4:15 race

Note: Race times are very conservative.

* i don't have the ferrari Formula yet to test that seasonal.

EDIT: updated the Supercar Seasonal. With some of these newly aquired race cars i've been turning out some 60 second laps on that track.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 2:10pm
How about XP??

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 2:11pm
races are 20 laps lol not worth it
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 2:19pm
LKJFALSDJFLASJDFASODFJOASHDFASKJF;KSAJDF;KLASJDF;LAKSJDFLKASJDFKLASJDF;LJSAD;LFKJASL
KDFJA;LSDKFJLSKADJF;LASKJDF;LASKJDF;LKASDJF;LKASJDSDALFJSDLKJFALSKDFJ
SDAFLKJSDALFJSLDFJSLADJFLASDKJFLASDJFLASKDJFLASKJDFLASKJDFLKSAJDFOIASEJFASLDGLKSDJGAS
SDLFKJASLDKFJOEIGFODIJFDOSIFJAOSJKDFOSDIJFLWKJEPFAJSDFKLSAJDFLKJSADFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST A f***ING HEADSUP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to buy the redbull for 20million.. you NEED TO BE AT LEVEL 40!! GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 3:17pm

BAHAHA!!! not a problem 4 me!!! xD
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

How about XP??
for xp stick with the K Car race. 50,000+ in just over 3 minutes
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 11:59am
As of last night they still had triple XP and cash rewards for the Seasonal Events. Get it while you can. It won't last forever!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>