FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Science v Religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Science v Religion
    Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

When you die it's the same as before you were born    :3
Hey Penguin, why aren't you
Originally posted by QwEsT

willing to listen to the truth
? :O
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

What's the point of arguing here, if they don't believe, & aren't willing to listen to the truth they're screwed when they die.I believe, in Jesus being the Son of God. Btw the gospels, Matthew Mark Luke & John, were written by ppl who lived while Jesus lived, & they also had a close relationship with him.

Qwesty, there is much debate regarding the canonical gospels. For instance, the gospel of John has been deeply debated. It's authoriship is still unknown. However, it's universally accepted that John the Apostle wasn't the author. That is why it is the most comprehensive gospel. It's been revised multiple times over the years. It takes from all of the gospels and ties the stories together. Without the Gospel of John, the 3 other gospels contradict each other to some degree.

Also, the original Bible on had 3 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke). In the 2nd Century, the Book of John was added in an attempt to create "Gospel Harmony". That's when the discepancies started to emerge. It's the equivilent of you and I tring to tell the same story, but they sound different. The stories should be the same, yet perspective is different.

Most stories will be different, you gotta take into account where the person is looking, & location. One person might get distracted by a bug & miss something, or another, person might be blocking his view.
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:36pm
Dro there is talk of a large comet next month.... ive heard that a Rusian scientist posted on NASA's site that it will real close 0.7, and then NASA instantly shut down the chat because they were saying 3.8

I also heard there's a NASA site you can go to and you can see where their tracking it, but i havn't cheched it out.   
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:55pm

What's the point of arguing here, if they don't believe, & aren't willing to listen to the truth they're screwed when they die.I believe, in Jesus being the Son of God. Btw the gospels, Matthew Mark Luke & John, were written by ppl who lived while Jesus lived, & they also had a close relationship with him.

Qwesty, there is much debate regarding the canonical gospels. For instance, the gospel of John has been deeply debated. It's authoriship is still unknown. However, it's universally accepted that John the Apostle wasn't the author. That is why it is the most comprehensive gospel. It's been revised multiple times over the years. It takes from all of the gospels and ties the stories together. Without the Gospel of John, the 3 other gospels contradict each other to some degree.

Also, the original Bible on had 3 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke). In the 2nd Century, the Book of John was added in an attempt to create "Gospel Harmony". That's when the discepancies started to emerge. It's the equivilent of you and I tring to tell the same story, but they sound different. The stories should be the same, yet perspective is different.

Most stories will be different, you gotta take into account where the person is looking, & location. One person might get distracted by a bug & miss something, or another, person might be blocking his view.

Lol the talk of Jesus might be a bit exaggerated if the people got distracted by bugs all the time :o
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 3:48pm
^ LoL that was just an idea of some1 getting distracted. O_o
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 6:52pm
Ay Pinn, in your opinion who wrote the Epistles 1 , 2 ,3 John?
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 11:41pm

Originally posted by ax412

then somebody is gonna say well how do you know the apostles wrote the Gospels.
like qwest said it will never end if we try to debate it.
one of us just has to die eventually and bring a cell phoneWink

Very true. I wouldn't call it debating, but rather enlightenment. There are a lot of people in this world that are Christian, but do not know or understand the origins and history of Christianity. It is very complex to digest. Furhtermore, there are many working peices. Doesn't make it wrong. However, most people that speak against Christianity are looking for something simple. Christianity is anything but simple. However, it Christianity's complexity that makes it a powerful religion.

The issues are that there are dozens of authors to the Bible. Therefore, there are multiple acounts of what actually occurred. Also, the Church of England screwed things up when the royalty thought they were decendants of Jesus and thus they can come up with their own interpretation of the Bible (i.e. King James Bible). Furthermore, the Counsil of Trent, in 1546, canonized the current version of the Catholic Bible. A lot was added to the Bible at this time. Of course, this is an oversimplification to the reason why Christianity is heavily debated, but these type of actions have added to the debate.

<FONT size=+0> 

At least, they allow women and gays to be priests....
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 12:04am

Qwest has a point lowkey.
Luke was written by Luke who wrote Acts. But Luke didn't walk with Jesus. He had to ask the other Apostles and base it on it was told to him.
I personally believe John as written by John.
The John Rylands Papyrus 52 kinda helps.It was  found A.D 135.
And in order for John to have made its way to Egypt it would have to been copied and circulated elsewhere.

And personally speaking as a student in a school of ministry If I could only live with 3 books of the Bible...
It would be the Gospel Of John, Romans and Revelation.
IMO
The 3 most important books in the Bible.
John is about who Jesus was./is
Romans is about what Jesus did for the believer.
Revelations is about what he will do.
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 1:50am
Jaysus Christ, I read maybe the whole first page before I almost puked on my nice hardwood floors and had to stop. I must say you're all a bunch of f*ckin homos for trying to jerk each others viewpoints off. Flame onWink

A beautiful little message from SLAYER off the album "God Hates Us All":

2. Disciple

Drones since the dawn of time
Compelled to live your sheltered lives
Not once has anyone ever seen
Such a rise of pure hypocracy
I'll instigate I'll free your mind
I'll show you what I've known all this time

God Hates Us All, God Hates Us All
You know it's true God hates this place
You know it's true he hates this race

Homicide-Suicide
Hate heals, you should try it sometime
Strive for Peace with acts of war
The beauty of death we all adore
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered

God Hates Us All; God Hates Us All
He f***in' hates me

Pessimist, Terrorist targeting the next mark
Global chaos feeding on hysteria
Cut throat, slit your wrist, shoot you in the back fair game
Drug abuse, self abuse searching for the next high
Sounds a lot like hell is spreading all the time
I'm waiting for the day the whole world f***ing dies

I never said I wanted to be God's disciple
I'll never be the one to blindly follow

Man made virus infecting the world
Self-destruct human time bomb
What if there is no God would you think the f***in' same
Wasting your life in a leap of blind faith
Wake the f*** up can't ignore what I say
I got my own philosophy

I hate everyone equally
You can't tear that out of me
No segregation -separation
Just me in my world of enemies

I never said I wanted to be God's disciple
I'll never be the one to blindly follow
I'll never be the one to bear the cross-disciple

I reject this f***in' race
I despise this f***in' place

A lil vid to accompany the above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72srSaFskVU

And another:

4. New Faith

Holy man open up your eyes
To the ways of the world you've been so blind
As the walls of religion come crashing down
How's the ignorance taste the second time around

Tell me how it feels knowing chaos will never end
Tell me what it's like when the celebration begins

Welcome to the horror of the revelation
Tell me what you think of your savior now
I reject all the biblical views of the truth
Dismiss it as the folklore of the times
I won't be force fed prophecies
From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
Join the new faith for the celebration
Cult of new faith fuels the devastation

Holy man come and worship me
I am all that you ever wanted to be
I'm the life of indulgence you never knew
The epitome of evil shining through

Tell me how it feels knowing chaos will never end
Tell me what it's like when the celebration begins

Welcome to the horror of the revelation
Tell me what you think of your savior now
I reject all the biblical views of the truth
Dismiss it as the folklore of the times
I won't be force fed prophecies
From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
I keep the bible in a pool of blood  (this line is just wrong, lol)
So that none of its lies can affect me

This is new faith
A different way of life
Witness the shame
See for yourself the lies
I'll take the fight
Bring it every time, any time
Refuse to let them win
My heresy begins

Pray for life - wish for death
Pray for life - know in time you'll pray for death

Tear it away
It lives inside your mind
Silence the fear
That keeps you pure inside
Now you can see
Life's atrocities endlessly
Witness the miracle
Witness the miracle

Pray for life - wish for death
Pray for life - with every breath
You'll pray for death - you'll pray for death
Embrace new faith, embrace new faith
Yeah, new faith - yeah, new faith.

And another lil vid to accompany the above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHKTSOgJbo

I'm going to hell for this. And you're all coming with me. Sorry to offend anyone but the mere sight of this thread after that 30 something page fiasco from earlier this year just irked me.

From Tom Araya's (vocalist) mouth:
"God doesn't hate... [but] it's a great f***ing title."
--Tom Araya

get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 2:31am
What a wonderful world
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 5:48am
well phant even the book of Revelations has had a story added to it that today, because most people will not discriminate between footnotes and actual text, is widely regarded as biblical fact for its mere inclusion in the book. Im speaking of the story of the Rapture., which was not authored nor concieved of by John of Patmos when he wrote the book of Revelations. In fact it was not even added into the Bible until the 1800's. up until that point, there had been no mass belief backed by the church that heaven is for the chosen few who believe only
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 6:57am
Originally posted by chisox666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72srSaFskVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHKTSOgJbo

Every other band I listen to lately seems to have multiple anti-religious songs lol. I'm not religious, but it gets kind of annoying
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 10:24am
Originally posted by TX2k7

well phant even the book of Revelations has had a story added to it that today, because most people will not discriminate between footnotes and actual text, is widely regarded as biblical fact for its mere inclusion in the book. Im speaking of the story of the Rapture., which was not authored nor concieved of by John of Patmos when he wrote the book of Revelations. In fact it was not even added into the Bible until the 1800's. up until that point, there had been no mass belief backed by the church that heaven is for the chosen few who believe only
you gotta give me a link.(in other words which part) I always find these things interesting lol
I due know Thessalonian talks about being caught up in the air with the Lord.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:40pm
http://www.evangeland.com/Secret-Rapture-Theory.html

http://www.macquirelatory.com/Rapture%20Is%20A%20Lie.htm

just some info sites, the subject has also been discussed on the history channel

if ur asking for a specific line in the Bible i cannot remember exactly where the footnote regarding the addition is and cannot locate it as i do not currently own a Bible
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 11:27pm

Qwest has a point lowkey.
Luke was written by Luke who wrote Acts. But Luke didn't walk with Jesus. He had to ask the other Apostles and base it on it was told to him.
I personally believe John as written by John.
The John Rylands Papyrus 52 kinda helps.It was  found A.D 135.
And in order for John to have made its way to Egypt it would have to been copied and circulated elsewhere.

And personally speaking as a student in a school of ministry If I could only live with 3 books of the Bible...
It would be the Gospel Of John, Romans and Revelation.
IMO
The 3 most important books in the Bible.
John is about who Jesus was./is
Romans is about what Jesus did for the believer.
Revelations is about what he will do.

Interesting post about the three books. I oddly agree with this perspective. What is the ministry's view on the Gospel of John? I'm asking this seriously, since this is the most discussed gospel in modern history. I've always been  fascinated on the perspective of the Gospel of John and it's history. I'd love to hear your thoughts. We should rock an in chat discussion of this. Maybe you, me, TX and whoever else would like to partake. Should make for good conversation. Enlightening at the very least.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 11:41pm

Again, the Epistles are also a much discussed subject. The authorship of the Johannine works are still getting parsed, with some understanding and still a lot of undiscovered history.

As I understand it, they were written by John the Evangelist. Since the writtings are all different in writting style, however, there are schools of thought that suggest that the Gospel, 1-3 John, and Revelations were all authored separately. Some churches believe that John did not author any of the books. It doesn't change their importance though.

I wasn't trying to provide opinion in my previous posts. The Gospel of John is a tough one since there isn't clarity as to who "John" is that wrote the Gospel. The description of the author is "the disciple whom Jesus loved". In the 2nd Century it was widely believed that it was John the Apostle. Therefore, the Gospel was according to John. However, as I mentioned before, the Johannine works are still studied and discussed, without clear concensus. i.e., the Roman Catholic Church believes that the works were authored by one person, other churches believe that there were many authors.

If you want my opinion, the Gospel of John is the most complete Gospel. By this I mean, the most polished and spiritual.

And for the record, I spent a lot of time during my undergraduate years in university studying various religions. My family is Christian and fairly religious. Therefore, I have always taken to learning more about Christianity. I do not claim to know more that others. I just like the discussion. However, it's probably not best to have this discourse on these forums since most of these kids hate the idea of God or Jesus.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:05am

Again, the Epistles are also a much discussed subject. The authorship of the Johannine works are still getting parsed, with some understanding and still a lot of undiscovered history.

As I understand it, they were written by John the Evangelist. Since the writtings are all different in writting style, however, there are schools of thought that suggest that the Gospel, 1-3 John, and Revelations were all authored separately. Some churches believe that John did not author any of the books. It doesn't change their importance though.

I wasn't trying to provide opinion in my previous posts. The Gospel of John is a tough one since there isn't clarity as to who "John" is that wrote the Gospel. The description of the author is "the disciple whom Jesus loved". In the 2nd Century it was widely believed that it was John the Apostle. Therefore, the Gospel was according to John. However, as I mentioned before, the Johannine works are still studied and discussed, without clear concensus. i.e., the Roman Catholic Church believes that the works were authored by one person, other churches believe that there were many authors.

If you want my opinion, the Gospel of John is the most complete Gospel. By this I mean, the most polished and spiritual.

And for the record, I spent a lot of time during my undergraduate years in university studying various religions. My family is Christian and fairly religious. Therefore, I have always taken to learning more about Christianity. I do not claim to know more that others. I just like the discussion. However, it's probably not best to have this discourse on these forums since most of these kids hate the idea of God or Jesus.
Same here, the Gospel of John is my most favorite book in the Bible.
1 John is a close 2nd, most of the verses that I love come from these two books.
And its also possible that it could be two authors.
Easy example there's Philip the Evangelist (the guy who baptized the ethiopian eunuch then there's Philip the Apostle)
And I agree it would a great discussion.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:07am
Originally posted by TX2k7

http://www.evangeland.com/Secret-Rapture-Theory.html

http://www.macquirelatory.com/Rapture%20Is%20A%20Lie.htm

just some info sites, the subject has also been discussed on the history channel

if ur asking for a specific line in the Bible i cannot remember exactly where the footnote regarding the addition is and cannot locate it as i do not currently own a Bible
Now i know what you mean. And yes rapture is a new term that isn't found in the original.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:09am

Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Yeah but Jesus being the Son of God is a game changer. If Jesus is the Son of Go, Muhammad was deceived. If Jesus wasn't ... well Paul said it best, "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable."

jesus wasnt considered the son of god until like 300 years after his death. that's a game changer too. how do you know what jesus said? gospels were written decades after he died

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

you mean the council of something starting with a N?
where they decided on the canon of scripture?
where EVERYONE in attending attested to Jesus being the Son of God except for 1-2 people under the influence of Gnosticism?

i'm talking about the civil war in rome between the christians and the pagans that resulted in the emperor converting to christianity and forming a council to decide on the contents of the bible. jesus wasn't considered god in human form until that moment. 

why cant we all agree that all religion has it's similarities and that whether someone is christian, Buddhist, or muslim doesn't matter as long as we keep the philosophy of peace and goodwill to others that our world will become a better place? then maybe we can truly help those in desperate need in places such as the congo, etc. seems like most people do good deeds only because they think it will better there chances in heaven which seems kind of selfish from an outside perspective. im in no way accusing everyone of this nor am i down playing religion as a whole but when you include a large percentage of the worlds population into various religions you have to wonder who all is sincere and who all is just following the leader. 

i respect religion and i may have posted some rude comments in the past or said some rude statements in religious debates with friends but with age comes maturity (better perception) and i understand how sensitive this topic is and saying rude and negative things about christianity (or other religions, depending on location) is like talking bad about someones family because it's been apart of their lives for so long. i only wish that devout religious individuals should keep an open mind to science and try to include it in their OWN personal view on creation and life. whether you're inspired by your religion or life experience shouldn't matter in the long run because we all have one thing in common and that is consciousness and we shouldn't let that go to waste.  
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:16pm
Sorry if i offended anyone with my previous post on the 2nd page I think. It was uncalled for and inappropriate. I respect everyone's views. I was just having a bad day when I made that post and was just lashing out. I apologize.
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:54pm

LOL
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 10:35pm

Yeah but Jesus being the Son of God is a game changer. If Jesus is the Son of Go, Muhammad was deceived. If Jesus wasn't ... well Paul said it best, "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable."
jesus wasnt considered the son of god until like 300 years after his death. that's a game changer too. how do you know what jesus said? gospels were written decades after he died
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolyou mean the council of something starting with a N?where they decided on the canon of scripture?where EVERYONE in attending attested to Jesus being the Son of God except for 1-2 people under the influence of Gnosticism?
i'm talking about the civil war in rome between the christians and the pagans that resulted in the emperor converting to christianity and forming a council to decide on the contents of the bible. jesus wasn't considered god in human form until that moment. 
why cant we all agree that all religion has it's similarities and that whether someone is christian, Buddhist, or muslim doesn't matter as long as we keep the philosophy of peace and goodwill to others that our world will become a better place? then maybe we can truly help those in desperate need in places such as the congo, etc. seems like most people do good deeds only because they think it will better there chances in heaven which seems kind of selfish from an outside perspective. im in no way accusing everyone of this nor am i down playing religion as a whole but when you include a large percentage of the worlds population into various religions you have to wonder who all is sincere and who all is just following the leader. 
i respect religion and i may have posted some rude comments in the past or said some rude statements in religious debates with friends but with age comes maturity (better perception) and i understand how sensitive this topic is and saying rude and negative things about christianity (or other religions, depending on location) is like talking bad about someones family because it's been apart of their lives for so long. i only wish that devout religious individuals should keep an open mind to science and try to include it in their OWN personal view on creation and life. whether you're inspired by your religion or life experience shouldn't matter in the long run because we all have one thing in common and that is consciousness and we shouldn't let that go to waste.  

The bible has been tampered with practiclly from its beginning Tuna, but thats no reason to disregard the whole thing though. I let jews worry about the old testimate bexause it pertains to their religion. The new testimate is for Christianity.

Believing that there's a GOD, and that GOD knows a lot more then I do makes me feel pleasantly humble. If thats crazy then I don't ever want to be sane.

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolyou mean the council of something starting with a N?where they decided on the canon of scripture?where EVERYONE in attending attested to Jesus being the Son of God except for 1-2 people under the influence of Gnosticism?

The bible has been tampered with practiclly from its beginning Tuna, but thats no reason to disregard the whole thing though. I let jews worry about the old testimate bexause it pertains to their religion. The new testimate is for Christianity.

Believing that there's a GOD, and that GOD knows a lot more then I do makes me feel pleasantly humble. If thats crazy then I don't ever want to be sane.

i'm not talking about tampering with the bible, i'm talking about the formation of the bible itself. tampering with the bible is how other denominations such as baptists and methodists got here :). 

there is nothing wrong with believing there's a godand following a religion, but it's wrong to limit someones knowledge based off a book that isn't accurate. the bible has good stories that teach people life lessons but i think people should not take it so literal. there are a lot of metaphors and potential translation errors that could cause people to misinterpret the whole thing. for example jesus being a shepherd and jesus being a carpenter and us being his children. the carpenter being the foundation for the philosophy, the shepherd being jesus guiding us through harsh times, we are his children meaning he is the teacher and we are his students. jesus saying he is the son of God and believing in him will lead us to heaven could mean that we are all sons and daughters of God in the grand scheme of things and believing in him could mean trust his logic because being a good person should surely lead people to heaven. 

- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

that's a good way to look at it, syz. im glad you have an open mind for science ;)

i watched an episode of into the worm hole last week that posed the question "is there life after death?" and it had some really interesting theories on why we have consciousness and what happens to our conscious when we die. you should check it out. on one part of the doc they recalled reports about when they were running tests on astronauts to determine how many G's they could withstand that the blood flow stopped going to their brain at a certain speed and many of them recalled looking at themselves from above and seeing bright lights that are similar to near death experiences. since the blood stopped going to their brain and they inevitably lost consciousness it's impossible that they were able to still see anything at all unless their consciousness left their body. 
- Best Coast

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 9:58pm
I acually agree with you about not taking every word in the bible literaly. Some people believe that every word in it is the word of GOD, but i don't.

I've also watch into the worm hole and it was very interesting. Morgan Freeman is the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>