FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Science v Religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Science v Religion
    Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 2:11am
you guys should check out -Wonders of the universe with Brian Cox- The known and unknown: How gravity shapes the universe and specifically, Earth.

There starting the realise what i figured out years ago.... they still don't get the overall picture of gravity yet though.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 9:45am
Gravity is the least understood of all the forces of nature. Scientists have realized that for decades.
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 10:08am
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

i'm not talking about tampering with the bible, i'm talking about the formation of the bible itself. tampering with the bible is how other denominations such as baptists and methodists got here :). 

there is nothing wrong with believing there's a god and following a religion, but it's wrong to limit someones knowledge based off a book that isn't accurate. the bible has good stories that teach people life lessons but i think people should not take it so literal. there are a lot of metaphors and potential translation errors that could cause people to misinterpret the whole thing. for example jesus being a shepherd and jesus being a carpenter and us being his children. the carpenter being the foundation for the philosophy, the shepherd being jesus guiding us through harsh times, we are his children meaning he is the teacher and we are his students. jesus saying he is the son of God and believing in him will lead us to heaven could mean that we are all sons and daughters of God in the grand scheme of things and believing in him could mean trust his logic because being a good person should surely lead people to heaven. 

Yes the formation of the Bible was down to the early catholic church. There were many gospels that didnt make it into the Bible. But the book (which is actually a collection of books and writings) isnt a manual so accuracy idk. The gosples are like eye witness accounts so they are subjective and interpretive through the eyes of the author hence the inconsistencies. There are truths metaphors tales poems (parables and psalms) so something for all - and debates a plenty for scolars believers and non believers.
Jesus chooses to be represented as the son of a carpenter, a fisherman, a sheperd and not the king of kings or the almighty powerful to demonstrate that status does not count for much its whats in your heart. Being humble is better than being rich and greedy ie it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
--I- p-ers-o---n-a-l-l-y-- -b-e-l-i-e--ve --th-a-t -e--v-e-r--yo-n-r--e- -i-s- -b-o--rn- -i-n-h-e-r-e-n-t-l-y- -g--o-o-d-- --wit-h -t-he-- -c---ap-a-c--i-t--y- ----------------------------to b-eco-m-e evil--
Also this follows that u dont have to believe to be a good person or have good morals (and vice versa).

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

you guys should check out -Wonders of the universe with Brian Cox- The known and unknown: How gravity shapes the universe and specifically, Earth.

There starting the realise what i figured out years ago.... they still don't get the overall picture of gravity yet though.

i saw a commercial for it, but i didn't watch it. i plan on catching a rerun next time i have some free time. 
one word, magnetism
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Iuckshot

Originally posted by chisox666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72srSaFskVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHKTSOgJbo

Every other band I listen to lately seems to have multiple anti-religious songs lol. I'm not religious, but it gets kind of annoying

Yeah but Slayer's songs are so well crafted. They've been doing their thing since the 80's, and they're the best! Tom Araya is a lyrical genius too, so that helps. I can picture him with a thesaurus going over and over his lyrics to make them sound better, more appealing, and more intelligent.
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 4:23pm
People in here are truly retarded.

@Phant.. Jesus was crusified for what? Was jesus a true christian?

Science cannot be put in tha same category as one/many religions. It has NOTHING to do with eachother.

Who decide what texts are holy, and therefore is in the bible?

Texts that are thousands year older speaks of same thing.

MrSmith and Mormons.. Has anybody even read the story about he's enlightment?

Atlantis-lemuria was fiction?

Maybe phantaci as a true christian can tell us what "the ark of the covenant " is?

NO... I taught so..
PS: we all are indoctrinated in a beliefsystem witch is made to keep us blind. Poeple that "see the light and hear god speak" are  A: Qrazy. B:Qrazy.
Has money something to do with religions?

PS#2: In the beginning there was a creator. Who was he/them? Where is the second comming... What is the second comming?

Our collective taught pattern has changed, no doubt. But why?

In this post Christianity was the example... Could easily be some other religion..
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:29pm
read Dune and Dune Messiah
it's worth it
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234