FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

iAM Gaming PodCast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iAM Gaming PodCast
    Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:20pm
Hey everyone, what up? Within the last month or so, I've been getting into assorted PS3/video game podcasts, check out website: www.podbean.com. They even have a Gaming channel. I myself have no experience in podcasting other than listening to the assorted ones that I've found on the net. I was thinking that maybe we could start a weekly/monthly iAM Gaming podcast which we could have a host clan/player on each show and discuss assorted co-op/competative online gaming topics, clan matches (and war reports) after each clan match, etc. What are your thoughts/opinions? Not much of an investment would needed as we could use Skype for our "phone system".
iAM_Dedicated, iAM_Dependable, iAM_Dynamic: I Am KayoticKilla
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 12:55am
Well, if we could get it organized enough, then maybe it could be a great and awesome means of spreading the word and getting more UT3 and PS3 people in general over here.  Oh, and I don't know about the Skype thing (I don't got it, but I think my mic is Skype and PS3 compatible, as it was mainly made for computers anyways.) and I don't have a PS3 Eye, nor do I plan on getting it, just for your info.  Lol.. if this were to work/ works, I bet a review segment wouldn't be too far behind.
iAM_KayoticKilla View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 1:26am
Skype is free to download from www.skype.com. It's a VoIP program and internet phone calls are free with it, if i'm not mistaken. I was kind of thinking along the same lines as you silver. It would be cool to kind of spread the word of iAM Gaming and what we're all about here through something like this.
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 3:26pm
any other comments for or against getting something like this setup?!?
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 4:29pm
id like to do it, i was gonna go learn how to do it, but i haven't found time yet. ill look into it later today or tomorrow
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 7:40pm
So sounds like a good idea.  If I understand correctly, do you mean for you guys to set up conferences and talk, or to broadcast your games?  I've been on Justin.TV lately, and there are a lot of gaming channels on there as well.  
ASHYTEBUBLExD View Drop Down
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 8:07pm
We need sum people to record there games get some screen shots and put a load of them together in a program like movie maker, then put them on sites, pod casting sites, You tube and just spread these videos around on gaming sites like IGN, That's what will get new ppl on UT3    
Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 8:09pm
I guess i haven't really put a lot of thought into how the actual podcast would go. I was looking to see if the community was interested in putting something like this together. I guess we would have a regular cast of 3 to 4 from individuals from around the UT3/PS3/Gaming community that regularly visit the iAMGaming website.  

Killin, we could probably do both to be honest, assuming that we could use the GoW Spectate Mod or something along those lines. We could also have a follow up "show" with a war report from each team. Assuming someone had a video capture card on their PC, we could even record the match with commentary for posting on the forum for others to watch with "play-by-play". On non-match shows we could talk about UT3 and other things going on within the online competatvie/cooperative gaming community and possibly have a guest clan on each show.

These are just a few ideas that I've had, and if this ever takes off, I'm going to need help in doing this from the community.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 8:20pm
Well, if at all possible, I'm willing to try and help, but I wouldn't count me in on being one of those 3 or 4 people, since I have a tendency to forget and procrastonate every now and then.  An example?  As we speak, I still don't have Skype downloaded. :P  Oh, and Punisher asked me to download and try Time-Shift a little over a week ago.  I didn't actually finish downloading it and played it (against him) until a few nights ago.

Lol.. I just thought about this, but if we get this going.. what about a tips section?  You know, for if we get more than regulars watching this, surely it would be nice to show other people and NewBs how to do some of the more advanced things. (like Raptor Airlifts, places where you can wall dodge to get to quicker, etc..)
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 11:20pm
Most likely it wouldn't be something that could be watched, it would be more of a radio show, unless we were able to setup match recording for clan matches. So, I guess we could have someone setup a server with spectate mode and go over some tips/tricks. However, I'm not sure how this would work as different clans/players might have different routes that they don't want to share with other people.
ASHYTEBUBLExD View Drop Down
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 9:02am
Originally posted by iAM_KayoticKilla

However, I'm not sure how this would work as different clans/players might have different routes that they don't want to share with other people.

Well I think there are VERY few routes or tricks not already exploited and those routes won't massively downgrade the Videos or whatever. 
Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 2:18pm

Yeah, thats true. Plus there is nothing wrong with sharing information. The more the community knows, the better off it will be.

Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by iAM_KayoticKilla

Yeah, thats true. Plus there is nothing wrong with sharing information. The more the community knows, the better off it will be.

That's the whole point in my suggestion.  The more everyone else knows, the more gg's (or more likely a gg will happen) we'll see and so on.
 Post Reply Post Reply