| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to Know a UT3 Player - Associate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to Know a UT3 Player - Associate
    Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 1:54pm
Welcome everyone to another special addition of “Get to Know a UT3 Player”, the EU Duel Tournament addition. Today we have the main event, which is interviewing the 1st place winner of this tournament Associate! Let’s first congratulate him on proving to everyone he is the best EU Dueler in this UT3 community!

Let’s get to know the King of Duel.

What’s your age and location?

I'm 17 and I’m living in Montpellier, it's a beautiful city which is situated in the south of France.

What’s your real name?

My real name is Sylvain.

What you do when you are not on your PS3?

Ugh! We can do other things than playing on PS3? I didn't know ;o lol jk body-building, tennis, football, cinema, shopping, I’m going to disco as well UnZ uNz lol xD I also love being with my family which is more than important in my eyes... many other things =P

I think everyone was fist pumping when you were saying UnZ uNz haha.

What other games do you play?

I mainly play UT3, even if it's an old ass game which is almost dead because in my opinion it still is the best FPS on PS3... otherwise I play COD black ops or MW2 and Killzone 3.
Oh, I also tried Super Street Fighter 4 but kali owned me so hard that I stopped quickly lol XD

We all know that a game like UT3 requires people to actually practice and work on their skill to be better at this game and not getting exp points to gain special armor or guns but upon putting this game in for the first time, do you remember what it was like being a noob in UT3?

Yes I remember it well... Moreover, it was certainly the best moments I had on UT3 ... I still remember the first time I played against thatsmatt, xkal1bur, pawweezy, phanatci and some others... I was like " how the f*** can they play like that? Are they human? ;o " lol
And it was from that moment that I started a challenge that was to become better than them or as good as them.

Are you happy with how the tournament was run?

Yes, I think this tournament was a success thanks to phantaci, drokun, killinugood, helscream, ether... and all participants who made the tournament proceeding as planned. Even if I would've liked see hunt4excuses playing for this tournament =P

All of us want to know how the final duel match went with you versus Phantaci.

The final duel match against Phantaci was tough but well it seems normal because he is one of the best UT3 players, even with a high ping that was the case for him. I think I did a great job on our first map that we had to play which was Pure... then we played subterrane which was the favorite map of Phantaci from what I’ve heard and it was fn close, I think the turn of the game was when Phantaci was waiting for the shield belt and he ate my rocket in his face then fell down near the sniper and then I killed him... after this kill I got some other frags and went on killing spree so Phant couldn’t make a come back because there are only 1 or 2 minutes left.

After this we played Azul which wasn't my favorite map to be honest and Phantaci did exactly what he had to do to murder me lol he had very good map control and I couldn't do anything.
To finish, it was bonesc****r... I think it was the only duel of the tournament which I was a little nervous =p anyway congrats to Phantaci :D he is a killa even with high ping tho xD

What would be some good advice to share for either Duel noobs or new people to this game?

I tell them that they should not be discouraged just because they were slaughtered in a duel but to persist and try to get better as I made it myself.

They should try to understand that every weapon is unique, they all have different uses... like for example: use sniper and shock rifles in open for long range battles;
use flak canon and rocket launcher at close range;
use link gun and mini stinger to finish weakened opponents...
oh and I almost forgot to say that in duel, you have to learn to time everything like armors, health, weapons, jump boots to be in map control.

What would be your favorite maps?

My favorite maps are:
- DM/TDM : Deck, Defiance and Shangri la.
- Duel : Deck, Devolve and Sentinel.
- CTF : Spoondog, Reflection and Omicron dawn.
- VCTF : Necropolis, Suspense and Sandstorm.
- WAR : Downtown, Sinhkole and Floodgate.

Of course as a dueler you would have to pick Sinkhole, shame on you! Haha such a spammy map!

What about the maps you hate?

The maps I hate are:
- DM/TDM : Deimos, Arsenal and Carbon fire.
- Duel : Shangri la, Azul and Arsenal.
- CTF : Vertabrae, Coret and Hydrosis.
- VCTF : Corruption, Containment and Rails.
- WAR : Dusk, Torlan and Tank crossing.

Now I know you have played with the best of the best in this tournament but overall who is the best dueler you played ever and why?

I'm gonna say ric0_is_Fn_A because he murdered me in those last duel tourneys like really hard... I don’t know if I should say the scores mhhhh let me guess lol he beat me something like 27 - 4 on Azul :O no wonder why i hate Azul now :(

What weapon would you like to see banned in duels and why?

I would like to see banned in duels is the sniper rifle, because I hate getting shot in the head ;o lol jk no seriously I think the flak canon is overpowered but I wouldn't like to see it banned.

What are some do's and don'ts of your favorite mode?

In duel, don't let your opponent take all health, all weapons, armor and other stuff before you or he'll control the map easily... don't rush on your adversary if you don't have enough health or if you don’t have any good weapon at close range and long range. You have to try find him quickly after he spawns so as not to let him take weapons and health, you must use the right weapon at the right time.

Has anyone helped you achieve your UT3 awesomeness?

In fact no one has helped me because I never really asked for tips since I’m French and most of the community speaks English... So if I am as good it's simply because I played against the top players over and over until I improved.

What is one thing you need to work on, as for skill?

I think i got this game on lock nuff said lolol jk xD I mainly need to work on my vehicles skills...

Come join us in any of the pub Warfare matches, we’ll make sure you get your dosage of vehicle time haha!

Do you remember your most embarrassing moment in UT3 or any game?

Like I said in the previous questions... my most embarrassing moment in ut3 was when ric0 completely demolished me during the last tournament ( FnA/iAM ).

Can you remember something that really made you laugh in UT3 or any game?

Many things made me laugh in ut3 or any game but I have chosen to speak about the pick up that dr4g0v and myself did on necropolis... so I took the nightshade and I went into to camp the opponent ... Once arrived there, I waited for dr4g0v grabbed the flag and jumped on my nightshade,  then we went at full speed ... we were laughing hard because players which were following us were trying to flak us but we were too fast and I guess they were like " wow never saw something like that before” We scored and won the party lolol

Hahahaha that is pretty gosh darn funny! That reminds me of a time I was titan and went on top of an invisible nightshade and was just scooting around, that was a good time.

Now that you won, what are you going to do with your $50?

I'm going to buy MW3 with it =p

So you’re not going to Disney World? Haha that’s a good choice! Hopefully you can wait that long to spend it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’ve read it here, the interview with the champion! I would like to thank Associate for doing this interview even though their might have been a language difference. There was a lot of talk about Associate taking the gold before the start of this tournament and after watching the final game, I know why everyone had faith in him.  From all of us in the iAM community Congratulations again and we hope you enjoy playing MW3 with the prize money!

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 2:21pm
Great interview. I had no idea you are only 17. You've been a beast from the start. It's always been fun playing against you in warfare.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Great interview. I had no idea you are only 17. You've been a beast from the start. It's always been fun playing against you in warfare.
dude get out of here I am sylvain's #1 fan.. 
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 3:08pm
Another good interview. It's always nice to find out things about people you don't know very well.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 3:28pm
Great interview, miss seeing these every few weeks!  
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Great interview, miss seeing these every few weeks!  

Heart
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:47pm
Can you do fehtalatee next and NOT correct any of his spelling or grammar?

That'd be a riot.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Can you do fehtalatee next

That'd be a riot.
i think feht would like that very much lol
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:53pm
Devil, kali kicked my ass at street fighter as
Well, quit for same reason
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Zellot

Can you do fehtalatee next

That'd be a riot.
i think feht would like that very much lol

youre right. I think thats what they mean when they say ignorance is bliss
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:58pm

Can you do fehtalatee next and NOT correct any of his spelling or grammar?

That'd be a riot.

This is the best fvcking idea ever!!

Good interview, i too never knew you were only 17, you're an excellent playerClap

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 9:49pm
i think feht would have jen laughin too much during the interview
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 9:55pm
He'd be hittin on her too much

Jen: "whats your favorite map to duel on"

Feh: "you"

Jen: "whats your favorite weapon to use"

Feh: "Yours"

Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:04pm
lol yeah thats how it'll go down lol
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

hahahahahahahahahahaha

FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:36pm

Jen: "whats your favorite map"

Feh: "sinkhole"

Feh: "Bio"
fixed it for youWink

but really lol i cant help it da way i talk! i like to mix it up a lilConfused

but really come on you no picking me! lol

and sure ill do it if JP wants me tooSmile
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:39pm
"but really" you're a noob

FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:42pm
Hey man thats not nice! /;(

btw yea Seph he told me he was like 16 last year and i didnt believe him until now lol
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:46pm
Untill*

"But really" I'm just messing with you.

Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by iAM_HoPe

Jen: "whats your favorite map"

Feh: "sinkhole"

Feh: "Bio"
fixed it for youWink

but really lol i cant help it da way i talk! i like to mix it up a lilConfused

but really come on you no picking me! lol

and sure ill do it if JP wants me tooSmile
sorry that can still be take sexual feht
sinkhole= vjay jay
biorifle= u know what shoots out ah skeet skeet skeet lol
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:56pm

hahahahahahh LMAO i literally woke up my pops from this...  "are you accurate with shock combos?"  Nahh, I just shoot my balls and hope that someone else like yourself blows one for me....
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 1:16am
Great interview! But that nightshade thingy wasn't funny at all cuz I was on the other team Ouch "W T F are my eyes fu*king me or are the devils doing a nightshade pickup ??!!" Wacko Actually it was brilliant guys and funny as hell LOL Thumbs Up
doom5day View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote doom5day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:19pm
Good job, bro!
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 8:55am
Good interview bro :)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 3:29pm
nice interview jp :) and god answers ASSociate :D... i still remember the time when u dramatically had a skill boost lol.. i was beating u and i rarely lost.. then the day aftre.. u was owning me, maiden and loads of others which u didnt beat b4.. i was like whaaaaa?!?!? :O lol improved over night lol... but always had good times playing with u :) alot of close duels and not so close duels xD but always fun.... hopefully internet will be back soon! then i can own the eu duel king xD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>