Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > Borderlands 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Borderlands 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Borderlands 2
    Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:41pm

The first bit of Borderlands 2 details have come out of the latest issue of Game Informer.

Co-op will stick to four players, the magazine hints. A new set of protagonists will star, with the four characters from the first game becoming non-playable characters. The bearded dwarf fellow (above) is Salvador, the Gunzerker. His special ability allows him to dual-wield any weapon. You’ll take on dynamic story missions; for example, during a rescue mission, if you take too long and fail to arrive on time, the story will shape to your failure.

A new element, known as Eridium, has been added. While it’s not a weapon, it can be applied to other elements, such as guns or vehicle, to improve their stats. It’s also used as a form of currency.

Enemies will take on a much more varied form. AI’s been greatly improved. Bandits can access their own type of weaponry. Enemies, in general, are more responsive and interact better with each other. Non-playable characters are also improved; they’ll be up and about, moving around, offering players interactive dialogue.

Weapons from the first Borderlands will not appear in Borderlands 2. Gearbox is scrapping the weapons from the first game in favor of all-new weapons. Each gun manufacturer in-game will have their own themes — unique styling, colors, and personality, that is. Weapons will have custom decals and enhancements, as well. Some pickups will have temporary buffs. such as the cores in the original game’s General Knoxx expansion. The magazine makes no mention of gun crafting.

Vehicles are back, and with variety. One vehicle shown in the magazine is called the “Bandit Technical.” Another vehicle was shown with four seats.

The skill tree in Borderlands 2 will be similar to that in the first game. It uses a traditional 3-branch system.

If it wasn’t expected, Claptrap is back in some shape or form. On that note, the game is promised to be of epic scale.

Stay tuned.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:43pm
man oh man oh man!!! I can't wait! 
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 4:12pm
hey i think i seen this before. do you know the expected release date..... do you want to know?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 4:27pm
As of right now the release is expected for 9/1/2012 but it may get pushed back into 2013!!!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 5:30pm
I think i'll probably end up getting this game, Borderlands was pretty fun for only a Co Op..
InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 5:38pm
Man thats a long ways to go for Borderlands 2 :( I want it to come out already!I still play Borderlands and have fun, its just that addicting!
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 1:05pm
i hope that lady that made the lesbo love robot in Claptrap Revolution isn't included in this game. she was annoying. but i do hope there's midgets though.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 1:25pm
not really a Borderlands 2 trailer but still good.

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:44am
im guessing the best place to soon find upcoming news would be the site, borderlands2.com..you can already pre order it lol
shine on you crazy diamond
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:47am
I just want to experience playing this game with Apollo drunk... and in the middle of the game he passes out while you're busy killing and trying to defend his drunk passed out ass like what Bain had to do in the first Borderlands... one of the funniest gosh darn stories I have ever heard ever from playing! 
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 3:55am

dont think i was there for that bummer

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:02pm
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 12:20pm
I was super excited to see the 11 page teaser in this months Game Informer of Borderlands 2. I wanted to dissect these pages and write down some of the new changes that are coming and share them to all you Borderlands fans.

Part of the new story is learning who the vault hunters were and are now. Lilith, Roland, Brick and Mordecai are now fully animated, they move around their locations, interact with their surroundings and respond to your action which means fewer cut scenes so players won't get taken out of the action. That means the original 4 won't be playable characters so we get to be introduced to new ones.

One of the new New characters, Salvador will have a dual wielding ability, like a timed rage mode similar to Bricks berserk mode which allows him to shoot two weapons independently using the left and right triggers. Any guns can be used, rocket launchers to mini-guns.

Enemies can now dodge incoming fire and traverse more complex environments.

During missions if the player takes too long to complete the plot, it will change, requiring them to deal with their failure in a later mission.

The article talked about some new enemies that will be introduced but the one that caught my eye was called the Surveyor.

A new droid (similar to the lance droids in Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC) dubbed the Surveyor can do more than attack, When alone on the battlefield surveyors deploy an energy shield that reflects incoming fire back at the player. If other robots are in the area, Surveyors switch to a supporting role, repairing injured allies with its energy bean.

The story missions in Borderlands 2 are about three times the scope of a single story mission the first game and they twist and turn throughout, your game playing is changing, your goals are changing

Bandit Technical is a new class of vehicle with higher resolution models and textures, better collision detection and the ability to "powerslide".

Four seats will be standard on all vehicles, like most of us that played the first one we either had to leave our friends behind or push them through the maps.

The skill tree will be back but will have features, more defined abilities as opposed to simple stats boosts.

A new element along with shock, explosive and corrosive damage called Eridium. Doesn't add any damage to the base attack value, instead the alien material augments other elemental damage. Along with it being a currency in Pandora. The most powerful weapons in the world can only be purchased with Eridium, which is scattered throughout the planet.

Class mods and artifacts are making a return. Class mods are aimed at introducing more tweaks to subclasses by allowing players to activate more skills in their skill trees while artifacts now act as a catch-all for any idea that didn't fit into the other systems. Artifact ideas include a chance players shots don't cost ammo, increases after burner length in vehicles and an aura of healing around the player.

Giving each firearm manufacturer its own sense of identity. For an example, Vladoff weapons feature the highest rates of fire, Hyperion weapons featured greater recoil reduction and accuracy.. etc. These features were in the original game but will be more apparent in the new one.

With the new Tediore guns, rather than reloading, the player can throw the firearm onto the battlefield, where it explodes like a grenade.

Guns can now have custom decals and enhancements.

The developer said it plans to fix some of the nagging problems in the original Borderlands including the cumbersome split-screen support and certain missions being ineligible for players depending on their level or place in the story.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 10:09am
i hope they bring back the Shredder Shredder. best gun in the game, imo.
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 12:48pm
if somebody makes it, the shredder shredder was a mod gun..gettin irritated im almost on my second playthru on 1 again and i havent found one damn havok once i hit 50 i need you or jp to anne some weapons up, prefferably some havoks and my love, the twisted serpens
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

I just want to experience playing this game with Apollo drunk... and in the middle of the game he passes out while you're busy killing and trying to defend his drunk passed out ass like what Bain had to do in the first Borderlands... one of the funniest gosh darn stories I have ever heard ever from playing! 
LOL!!! he passed out when we were right next to an enemy camp. he was using his broken controller with the "auto-walk feature" and just going around in circles. they would respawn every five minutes so i couldn't wander to far away.

@ jesse. just let me know when and i'll hook you up. want a shotgun that does 20,000,000 damage?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by BAIN

LOL!!! he passed out when we were right next to an enemy camp. he was using his broken controller with the "auto-walk feature" and just going around in circles. they would respawn every five minutes so i couldn't wander to far away.

@ jesse. just let me know when and i'll hook you up. want a shotgun that does 20,000,000 damage?

now thats funny, cant say ive done that before. passed out before i started playing before. woke up with a controller on my lap and starring at a title screen, but never while playing.
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:24pm

no but i want someone to do my second playthru w me hint hint.. i have the goty edition so any time your free id like to copy all your pearlescents and havoks and put em in my bank. if you or jp are unavailable to help w my second playthru atleast play the last dlc with me when i get to that point my last system died right before it came out..man starting from scratch sucks ass i need those gearbox guns too if you still have em

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 2:38pm
i still need to do the 3rd armory mission. tried it with Zodi but he must have gone in the glitch room too because we couldn't get in the door.

i don't have any gearbox guns. i know JP has one at least. got the pearlescents though and a maybe few havocs.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:12am
too many boobies Gunja.. sorry 
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:13am
I was gonna say they've changed art direction since I've played borderlands
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:14am
LOL! I know, kinda thought the same thing... DAMN! 
GunJaCrew View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GunJaCrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:20am

too many boobies Gunja.. sorry 
But a good picture
and there was even a little censored.^^
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:35am
Well for any guy, yes it was a VERY GOOD PICTURE, unless he is gay...  but no, I saw nips and full on boobies so it wasn't censored that much. lol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 12:05pm
did i miss something?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>