Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GameDay 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GameDay 2.0
    Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:39pm
How It Will Work
Every Tuesday/Wednesday, I will post the NFL schedule.  After the scheduled is posted, every one who has joined the competition will PM me their picks by Thursday, no later than 5pm.  The reason I'm making it before 5pm is so the picks are in before the Thursday night games start so we don't have to change anything.  After the first week of picks, everytime I post the game schedule I will also post everyones last week's results and overall results.  Feel free to post your picks or thoughts on this thread, but you must PM me your official picks for the week. Please when u send your pick make the title be the week #.  I'll be keeping all the results and stats.  So all you have to do is pick the teams and personal message them to me.  If we get enough people to stick with this throughout the season, there may be a small prize for the winner.  I have some ideas for the playoffs already, but I'll wait a little bit to release them.

Missing weeks
- How missing weeks or sending picks late will work: The first week, you will be given the average of everyones' picks and zero points for the monday night game (the points for the monday game will be explained in the next update). For the second week, you will be given the lowest person's picks -1 win and +1 loss. Finally the third week, you will be eliminated from the competition. I think that is fair to everyone and very leniant.

- The * in the standings/results post is the number of weeks you didn't or were late sending in your picks, and that the rules were enforced. Each week you miss a * will be added and the attached rule will be enforced. I'm not tryin to sound like an ass but these rules have been here from the beginning. I'm not goin to be a d*** either, i understand people forget and what not so if your picks are sent friday i won't care the first or second time. Except when the thursday games start. Then theres is no exception. Anyway all i'm saying is that i see how much everyone is on the forum and 10 mins to send picks isn't to much to ask. Thanks everyone.

Points system
- Monday night games will also have a point value attached to them as well as counting to your wins and losses. These points will come into play for the playoff system we will have, which i will explain closer to that time. The points for the monday game will be on a 1 to 5 scale. I will give its value on how hard i think the pick is. Ex. NO vs. DET would be a 1 point game, but NO vs. IND would be a 5. You'll want to gets these picks right. They might be the difference between you getting to pick your team in the playoffs, or your opponent picking it for you.

New for GameDay 2.0
- The people playing will be split into two sides. The NFC and the AFC. There will be two things going on between the sides throughout the season. First youll be competing for 5 extra bonus points at the end of the season. How that will work is simple. Which ever side has a higher win percentage at the end of the season, each player on that side will recieve 5 extra points. Second will be points won or lost every monday night game. How this will work is every week there will be one person picked from each side to represent their side in the monday game. So their monday night pick will have a points clause attached with it for their respected side. If their pick wins the entire side will recieve 1 extra point but if their pick loses their entire side will lose one point. So what this means is if the monday night game is worth 5 points and u get it right and your player representing your side gets it right, u will recieve 6 points. Now if you get it right and the representor gets it wrong u will only recieve 4 points, and if you both should get it wrong you will be deducted a point. I know that sounds a bit confusing but after u see it take place the first week you will understand better how it works.

Playoffs
- For the divisional playoff round (next weekend) each game will be worth 2 points, but unlike the reagular season if you pick wrong you will lose 2 points instead of losing nothing. Your point total will be carried over from the regular season. At the end off the divisional round the 2 people with the lowest point total will be eliminated from the playoffs. The remaining 4 will move on to the conference championship round.

- For the conference championship round the four remaining names will be pick out of a hat for who they will be match up against and for what game they will be picking. Remember how important i told you these point will be, well this is where they will come into play. Out of the 2 people who are matched up against each other, the person with more total points will get to pick which team they want to pick. The other person is stuck with the other team. EX. Milly vs. Lily and the game they will be picking is HOU @ BAL. For our EX. we will say Milly has more total points he gets to pick the team he wants. Milly picks BAL to win. That means Lily's pick is automatically HOU. Which ever team wins that person will get to move on to the Super Bowl. So if you have done well your fate is in your own hands.

- For the Super Bowl i was thinking of doing the same thing as the conference round but i have decieded to change it cause i want both people to have the choice of picking their team. So each person will get the chance to pick their team but as a tie breaker you must also predict the final score.

Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:39pm

Results/Standings

Last Week   (W-L)                                      Overall           (W-L)   *Points

Milly             12-4                              2nd  Milly               169-87    *60
Jpinator        10-6                              3rd   Jpinator          168-88    *59
Bain              9-7                               5th   Bain               158-98    *42
TX2K7          11-5                              6th   TX2K7            157-99   *40
Do_or_Die    12-4                               1st  Do_or_Die      175-81    *53
FireLily         10-6                               4th  FireLily           159-97    *44
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:40pm

Games

Playoffs                           Super Bowl        Actual score

NYG - Lily                              Lily                  
 @                                      NE - 35 +18         NE - 17
SF - Milly                            NYG - 24 +2         NYG - 22
                                                        20 point dif

BAL - DOD                              JP  -  WINNER
 @                                      NE - 24 +7              NE - 17
NE - JP                               NYG - 17 +5            NYG - 22
                                                        12 point dif

ok here how it stands after last week with the points.

Milly - 60
JP - 59
DOD - 53
Lily - 48

TX - 44
Bain - 42

so Bain and TX have been eliminated from the playoff. Milly, JP, DOD, and Lily are moving on to the head to head round. so from the draw of the hat it will be.

Milly vs. Lily for the NYG @ SF
JP vs. DOD for the BAL @ NE

since Milly and JP have more points in their match they get to choose their team.

Jp and Lily have made it to the Super Bowl for the big showdown. They both have picked NE to win so looks like it will come down to the score. Good luck to both.

They both picked the losing team so they are both losers.... jk. since they were playing each other and picked the same team it came down to the score. JP's score was closer to the actual score so she is the winner. congrats JP and thanks for playing everyone.

Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:41pm
The NFC won 5 extra bonus points by finishing with a better win percentage.

NFC           64.5%                  AFC             63.9%
Bain           61.7%                 Do_or_Die    68.4%
Jpinator      65.6%                 FireLily         62.1%
Milly           66%                    TX2K7          61.3%

*Next to the NFC and AFC are the entire teams win % and next to each player is their own win %
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:53pm

Picks

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 2:15pm
sweeeeet!

I just noticed you having a conversation with yourself with emoticons... wtf milly
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 2:28pm
Only 6 people interested? Damnnnn.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 2:04pm
dont hate on my emoticons haha

yea i would at least like to have 8. if will work better for whats new for this year.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 4:30pm
I thought i saw Phantaci post somewhere he was interested?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 12:34pm
still looking to at least get 2 more people. if ur a fan of football i cant see how u wouldnt want to do this.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 6:32pm
ok we got some updated stuff here. please read everything. ok so i would like to have a mini draft to decide the teams. I have chosen Bain as one captian and DOD as the other captian since they were the top 2 that are playing from last year besides myself. Bain you get first pick since u won last year.

and to everyone im still accepting people to play. i would really like to at least have 2 more players.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Milly

Representing the NFC this week - Bain
Representing the AFC this week - DOD

NFC                                 AFC
Bain                                Do_or_Die

*Next to the NFC and AFC are the entire teams win % and next to each player is their own win %

F*CK Da AFC!
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 9:59pm
Regarding the last section about the Monday games..

Let's say its Me (NFC) and DOD (AFC) doing the picks it's Dallas vs Vikings... can we both pick Dallas or Vikings as our pick? or only 1 can pick the Vikings?

If I picked the Vikings to win, and Bain who is in the NFC with me picks Dallas to win..and Dallas WINS... Bain and anyone else in the NFC team who picked Dallas will lose a point because I picked the Vikings? but what happens to those in the NFC team who also picked the Vikings to win? As well as me? Will they still lose a point because they didn't win either? 

So the only way we can NOT lose a point is if I picked the winning team and so does everyone on my NFC team? But in any other combination.. everyone loses a point? If I picked Dallas to win.. and they do.. and Bain picked the Vikings.. then I don't lose a point, but Bain does?

How are we going to do double headers on some Monday night games?

AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Regarding the last section about the Monday games..Let's say its Me (NFC) and DOD (AFC) doing the picks it's Dallas vs Vikings... can we both pick Dallas or Vikings as our pick? or only 1 can pick the Vikings?If I picked the Vikings to win, and Bain who is in the NFC with me picks Dallas to win..and Dallas WINS... Bain and anyone else in the NFC team who picked Dallas will lose a point because I picked the Vikings? but what happens to those in the NFC team who also picked the Vikings to win? As well as me? Will they still lose a point because they didn't win either?  So the only way we can NOT lose a point is if I picked the winning team and so does everyone on my NFC team? But in any other combination.. everyone loses a point? If I picked Dallas to win.. and they do.. and Bain picked the Vikings.. then I don't lose a point, but Bain does?How are we going to do double headers on some Monday night games?

DoD(NFC)
Jp(AFC)
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 9:40am
no way in hell i would pick dallas over minnesota!!!!!!!
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 10:15am
ok didnt realize it was that confusing.

@DOD u can ask bain if he will give u the NFC

@JP anybody can pick any team no matter what the other person picks. ur whole team does not have to pick the same team nor do they all have to pick it right to gain points. BUT even if the get it right but their teammate picked to represent them in the monday game gets it wrong, they will still lose a point. so instead of getting the full lets say 5 points for their correct pick on that monday they will on get 4. if everyone on the team picks it wrong yes everyone will lose a point. none of this will effect ur wins and loses only ur points for the playoffs thats all. i just wanted to add something a little dif but not change the whole point of the game. double headers are worth 2 points that week. basically 1 point each game. so if u look at this weeks monday games you could possibly have anywhere from 10 points to -2 points at the end.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 10:16am
Bain whos ur first pick?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 10:18am
DOD and Bain if u want we can pick the teams then instead of having a. AFC and NFC yous can pick ur own team names if u want to do that instead?
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 11:39am
Right.. I'll just wait till we actually start it then.

Annnd what about the double headers?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 11:44am
each game will be worth 1 point. so instead of it being only a possible gain or loss of 1 point, there is 2 up for grab.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 11:56am
I pick JP. i need someone to explain all this sh1t to me.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by BAIN

I pick JP. i need someone to explain all this sh1t to me.

"and with Bain on the clock, the first overall pick goes to JP..... WOW questionable pick there. i def didnt see that one coming Jimmy." - Bill

"Yea im right there with ya Bill. She went from last place last year, to the number one pick this year. she must have had some intense off season training help." - Jimmy

"well i highly doubt that Jimmy boy, since most of her off-season has been tied up in Warfare drama and b****ing at noobish players telling them what to do. so im not sure she had much time to train. Well non the less she is our first overall pick and Bain will be hoping he didnt waste it on a flopper." -Bill

"Ok we have DOD on the clock and he should have no trouble matching that questionable pick from Bain." - Jimmy

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 1:47pm
hahahahaha you know, in any normal situation I would go on the attack, but ****.. Milly... you hit that on the nail, so I can't complain. Bain I think you did pick up a flopper!! haha  Good stuff! KEEP EM' COMING! 
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 2:01pm
i have faith in you. you'll do well.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 3:12pm
I select Qwest with the 2nd overall pick in the 2011 draft.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>