GameDay 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GameDay 2.0
    Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:39pm

Results/Standings

Last Week   (W-L)                                      Overall           (W-L)   *Points

Milly             12-4                              2nd  Milly               169-87    *60
Jpinator        10-6                              3rd   Jpinator          168-88    *59
Bain              9-7                               5th   Bain               158-98    *42
TX2K7          11-5                              6th   TX2K7            157-99   *40
Do_or_Die    12-4                               1st  Do_or_Die      175-81    *53
FireLily         10-6                               4th  FireLily           159-97    *44
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:39pm
How It Will Work
Every Tuesday/Wednesday, I will post the NFL schedule.  After the scheduled is posted, every one who has joined the competition will PM me their picks by Thursday, no later than 5pm.  The reason I'm making it before 5pm is so the picks are in before the Thursday night games start so we don't have to change anything.  After the first week of picks, everytime I post the game schedule I will also post everyones last week's results and overall results.  Feel free to post your picks or thoughts on this thread, but you must PM me your official picks for the week. Please when u send your pick make the title be the week #.  I'll be keeping all the results and stats.  So all you have to do is pick the teams and personal message them to me.  If we get enough people to stick with this throughout the season, there may be a small prize for the winner.  I have some ideas for the playoffs already, but I'll wait a little bit to release them.

Missing weeks
- How missing weeks or sending picks late will work: The first week, you will be given the average of everyones' picks and zero points for the monday night game (the points for the monday game will be explained in the next update). For the second week, you will be given the lowest person's picks -1 win and +1 loss. Finally the third week, you will be eliminated from the competition. I think that is fair to everyone and very leniant.

- The * in the standings/results post is the number of weeks you didn't or were late sending in your picks, and that the rules were enforced. Each week you miss a * will be added and the attached rule will be enforced. I'm not tryin to sound like an ass but these rules have been here from the beginning. I'm not goin to be a d*** either, i understand people forget and what not so if your picks are sent friday i won't care the first or second time. Except when the thursday games start. Then theres is no exception. Anyway all i'm saying is that i see how much everyone is on the forum and 10 mins to send picks isn't to much to ask. Thanks everyone.

Points system
- Monday night games will also have a point value attached to them as well as counting to your wins and losses. These points will come into play for the playoff system we will have, which i will explain closer to that time. The points for the monday game will be on a 1 to 5 scale. I will give its value on how hard i think the pick is. Ex. NO vs. DET would be a 1 point game, but NO vs. IND would be a 5. You'll want to gets these picks right. They might be the difference between you getting to pick your team in the playoffs, or your opponent picking it for you.

New for GameDay 2.0
- The people playing will be split into two sides. The NFC and the AFC. There will be two things going on between the sides throughout the season. First youll be competing for 5 extra bonus points at the end of the season. How that will work is simple. Which ever side has a higher win percentage at the end of the season, each player on that side will recieve 5 extra points. Second will be points won or lost every monday night game. How this will work is every week there will be one person picked from each side to represent their side in the monday game. So their monday night pick will have a points clause attached with it for their respected side. If their pick wins the entire side will recieve 1 extra point but if their pick loses their entire side will lose one point. So what this means is if the monday night game is worth 5 points and u get it right and your player representing your side gets it right, u will recieve 6 points. Now if you get it right and the representor gets it wrong u will only recieve 4 points, and if you both should get it wrong you will be deducted a point. I know that sounds a bit confusing but after u see it take place the first week you will understand better how it works.

Playoffs
- For the divisional playoff round (next weekend) each game will be worth 2 points, but unlike the reagular season if you pick wrong you will lose 2 points instead of losing nothing. Your point total will be carried over from the regular season. At the end off the divisional round the 2 people with the lowest point total will be eliminated from the playoffs. The remaining 4 will move on to the conference championship round.

- For the conference championship round the four remaining names will be pick out of a hat for who they will be match up against and for what game they will be picking. Remember how important i told you these point will be, well this is where they will come into play. Out of the 2 people who are matched up against each other, the person with more total points will get to pick which team they want to pick. The other person is stuck with the other team. EX. Milly vs. Lily and the game they will be picking is HOU @ BAL. For our EX. we will say Milly has more total points he gets to pick the team he wants. Milly picks BAL to win. That means Lily's pick is automatically HOU. Which ever team wins that person will get to move on to the Super Bowl. So if you have done well your fate is in your own hands.

- For the Super Bowl i was thinking of doing the same thing as the conference round but i have decieded to change it cause i want both people to have the choice of picking their team. So each person will get the chance to pick their team but as a tie breaker you must also predict the final score.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415