| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Headsets and other accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

new mic setting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MEGA_DRoNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new mic setting
    Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 12:11am
what can we do to get some one to fix the new mic setting where its timed when u talk, it always cuts u off.  i think its really gay and when i grab a flag and need to tell some one where i am i dont want to keep repeating my self by that time it might be to late they need to know right then. i actually like the old setting better. can we do anything about it ?, and i wanted to know what every one else thinks or knows.
PSN = MEGA_DRoNE,DR-o-NE
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 12:16am
ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!!
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Harmerty

You might have to install it on a XP or Vista system and then copy the installed folder/files onto your 2008 system.
Also, you PS3 users will be happy to know, through PC hosting, you will be able to change the default 10 second mic limit to how many ever seconds you will want.

TotalChatTimeAllowed=10
ChatWaitTime=1

LOL

So apparently, if Aquaknot and the other awesome server hosts (anyone that hosts is fairly cool in my book and anyone that hosts multiple servers (let alone four freakin' servers) is beyond repute imo..) can get this all figured out and implemented, maybe they could at least remedy it on their servers.

Anyways, it looks like this might be at least slightly fixable.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 4:18pm
lmao it blows its like 4 sec or something
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 4:38am
i'm getting very irritated with this new update... it's retarted as sh1t.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 7:48am
It's one major buzz kill, i cant even smoke out & talk @ tha same time without some nOOb finding me hidin in corner and killing me LoL
iAM_KayoticKilla View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 10:46pm

Back in the day, at least on pc games, and maybe still today. If an opponent was facing a corner he was off limits. You never shot at him as he was usually AFK (away from keyboard). I wish we'd adopt this on the ps3.

iAM_Dedicated, iAM_Dependable, iAM_Dynamic: I Am KayoticKilla
ReC-Harry View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReC-Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 12:53pm
jea da new mic setting is defenetly **** . i like the old 1 . 10 sec. are to less .
Greetings from Harrypotsmoker
Administrator View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

It's one major buzz kill, i cant even smoke out & talk @ tha same time without some nOOb finding me hidin in corner and killing me LoL

Hey, just saw this.  Don't call me a noob...
XtC_PAIN-KILLER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote XtC_PAIN-KILLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 7:49pm
honestly the only thing i like bout the 10 sec thing is that the annoying noobs that decide to blast their music while they play can do that ne more....i remember 1 game i played a while ago, sum guy was blasting his music ovr the mic (ON PURPOSE) just to annoy ppl in the game. n belive me it was annoying...i couldnt talk to my teamates at all b/c we couldnt hear eachother..we lost the match b/c of him rrrgh....stupid c-u-n-t..
RTO_megafreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RTO_megafreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 9:50pm
who was that weev and why u say that was it on ur RTO_ name
holy_diver45
XtC_PAIN-KILLER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote XtC_PAIN-KILLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 12:05am
no it was way b4 RTO...it wat during my days wen ckc was around
RTO_megafreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RTO_megafreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 1:27pm
oh lol glad it wasnt me u were talkin but lol wassup
holy_diver45
gimp25 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote gimp25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 1:21am
Too bad broadband and PS3's aren't cheap enough that we all could afford two of each. That way, we could use PS3's native chat on one line, and not make a dent in the connect rate of the other hook-up. No timers, and you could boot (or mute) the 'lil bastard from the chat w/o actually removing them from the game. A DS-3 connection could do just that, but seeing that I haven't won the lotto yet..........    (FYI: about $1800/mo. to start) (from what I've heard)
I thought pwn was pronounced "poon". Pwn was cute for the first week or so, but it's getting so old now.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 9:05am
If it was just with friends that you played often, you could Skype...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 12:14pm
we should start a petition & send it to Midway.....r the XBOX & PC users of UT3 having the same problem ??
B1GbOnG View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote B1GbOnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by iAM_KayoticKilla

Back in the day, at least on pc games, and maybe still today. If an opponent was facing a corner he was off limits. You never shot at him as he was usually AFK (away from keyboard). I wish we'd adopt this on the ps3.

Aye gun down facing corner, man is still off limits on pc. But you gota remember console players are more likely to be kids and these guys dont have any scruples and take pride from an easy kill.
GunJaCrew View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GunJaCrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 3:10am
Originally posted by iAM_OffTheEdGe

we should start a petition & send it to Midway.....r the XBOX & PC users of UT3 having the same problem ??

jep on the 360 its the same sh*t
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 4:40am
I miss tha good ol days where you could host your own server & be able to lock down tha mic tha whole match.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 12:45pm
Yeah, I do to.. whenever I actually remembered how to do it, as I forgot how to a few times.  It a lot less distracting.  Then again, I sometimes get distracted by talking on the mic in DM/ TDM, so I think I'm going to pretty much stop talking in those modes. (leave the headset connected but not on my head)
 Post Reply Post Reply