Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dark Souls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark Souls
    Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 7:33pm
i cant wait for this

Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 6:42pm
Demon's Souls was no doubt the best single player experience I have had in the past 8 years or so. Def gonna get this.
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 12:20pm
i know its still early but if you've played it what do u think so far?
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 2:54pm
:O This game looks sweet. Ill pick it up monday ;o
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 3:06pm
it is sweet. im still goin back and forth with which one i like better (Demon or Dark Souls). Theres dif things that they did with this one that i like and dislike, but its still early in the game so theres a lot to rate yet. ill wait til you get and play a little before i go into detail with it. dont want to ruin anything for ya. i will say just like demon souls it is a challenge for sure and youll be able to put a lot of hours into it.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 3:25pm
the longer the gameplay the better imo :) especially those types of games which last like 40 hours total and after that still never seem to bore me at all :)

I never played the Demon souls version, is that like a previous version?
Aigh Ill pick it up monday and play it for a bit. Then post what I think about it.

EDIT: is this coming for PC as well? lemme search Google.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 6:10pm
after reading about this game and how brutally hard and awesome it seems... i really really really want to get this game :O
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 1:47am
Its amazing, plain and simple. I don't even really like RPG's but this has me hooked.
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 7:32am
Kinda pissed that my roomate and me both bought this game under the assumption that it used a huge server like Demon's Souls, while it's only P2P in it's stead.  We have tried NUMEROUS times to get into the same game, alas, hasn't, and more than likely won't happen.    Other than that, it's a solid game. 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 12:19pm
game is amazing like the first one. i dont know which i like more but probably dark souls because its bigger
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 2:18pm
@ darkn3ss yea demon souls was the first one. the story is not linked tho. the gameplay is the same.

@matt this game is def one of the few single player games worth the money

@ supra your def right. i was hoping that was something they would change about the game, to be able to play with friends. the other thing about that i wish they would have fixed was lvl matching when playing with people. ive been able to summon people 10x stronger then me and have had people invade my game 10x stronger then me. kinda sucks to have someone do all the work for you. i want to play with people and it still be a challenge for us, and it really sucks when someone invades and kills u in one hit.

@ deadaim the game is def bigger because they went a more open world format. so you can kinda go where you want but it also has its draw backs in this game. its so easy to get lost or forget where ur shortcuts to get back are. last night i spent 30min in an area trying to get back cause i realized i was in a place that i should have been yet cause of how hard the enemies where, so i knew i had traveled to far without completing a section first. long story short, i spent 30min running around and dying when if i remembered where my shortcut was it would have been 5min and no dying. i must say tho they did an amazing job designing the world. how the made the world intertwine in itself so you will always have a shortcut to get back to certain spots. its just remembering where they all are.

another thing the open world cut out was the way you could make the stones to enter a lvl in demon souls black or white, and all depending what color you made them you would open new paths and enemies to awesome items in the lvl.

not sure if anyone else gets this way towards this game but it makes you so mad that you keep playing cause you have to show that ur better then the game and that you will beat it. its so addicting even just clearing a little area is so satisfying after dying so many times. i guess the challenge is whats so addicting not to mention it has great map layout, weapons, items, enemies, magic, and hard as hell bosses. it has it all.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 2:53pm
i recommend anyone who hasnt tried any of the 2 games in this series and wants to get involved in them, but just doesnt have the money for Dark Souls. Def get Demon Souls, its prob about $20 or less used and you wont be disappointed. Its may be a little more difficult now tho since it will prob be hard to find people to summon to get past some of the harder parts, but then again we are gamers here and should be able to figure out how to beat any game. plus people that play offline can do it, so it can be done.
Zoltrekun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zoltrekun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 7:10pm
It's definitely possible, I play Demon's Souls offline whole time, now I'm on NG ++ and going for a platinum.

I must get Dark Souls ASAP, lemme just collect the money, and it will be the first thing I'm gonna spend it on!
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:24am
@ Milly.  Demons Souls server was shut down release day of Dark Souls.  Also love that when someone summons you, they have to heal you, not yourself.  -Lunchy
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

@ Milly.  Demons Souls server was shut down release day of Dark Souls.  Also love that when someone summons you, they have to heal you, not yourself.  -Lunchy

sorry didnt want to call ya lunchy since i dont know ya, anyway

@ Lunchy ha. i didnt know the servers went down, and there is a way to heal urself. not sure how he was doin it. if he was using an item (not the flask) or if he was using a healing magic but a guy i summoned last night was healing himself. i kinda like that you have to be healed by the host if you dont have a way to do it urself. adds another element for the host to keep an eye on if he want to save them for himself or to use more of a team plan and use them to keep the team alive.
hinterland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hinterland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:55am

Publishers handle the servers and Demon's Souls has a different publisher than Dark Souls (except in Europe). Atlus handles the North American Demon's Souls servers and they've promised to keep them up until at least 2012 ( http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/atlus-continues-demons-souls-server-support-into-2012/ ). Not sure what Sony is doing with the Asian Demon's Souls servers or Namco Bandai with the European servers.
Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by hinterland

Publishers handle the servers and Demon's Souls has a different publisher than Dark Souls (except in Europe). Atlus handles the North American Demon's Souls servers and they've promised to keep them up until at least 2012 ( http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/atlus-continues-demons-souls-server-support-into-2012/ ). Not sure what Sony is doing with the Asian Demon's Souls servers or Namco Bandai with the European servers.

thanks for the info
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Milly

@ Lunchy ha. i didnt know the servers went down, and there is a way to heal urself. not sure how he was doin it. if he was using an item (not the flask) or if he was using a healing magic but a guy i summoned last night was healing himself. i kinda like that you have to be healed by the host if you dont have a way to do it urself. adds another element for the host to keep an eye on if he want to save them for himself or to use more of a team plan and use them to keep the team alive.

I'm pretty sure you cant use the flask as a phantom but you can still use healing spells.

I've had a few occasions where I've used phantoms selfishly and just let them die as I got into the proper position I wanted vs a boss. One thing I dont like doing is summoning a phantom for a non boss situation.. Its ussually me exploring the level at my pace and them already having done it and wanting to blaze right through.

I'm pretty far in the game though, I've rang both bells so far.

My character is a sorcerer.. a big difference from the ultra high dex katana wielding wanderer I used in Demon's Souls... but still getting good results vs black phantoms.. im 4-0 right now.. and I'd probably of run into more black phantoms but I dont spend all that much time in human form.

Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

Originally posted by Milly

I'm pretty sure you cant use the flask as a phantom but you can still use healing spells.

I've had a few occasions where I've used phantoms selfishly and just let them die as I got into the proper position I wanted vs a boss. One thing I dont like doing is summoning a phantom for a non boss situation.. Its ussually me exploring the level at my pace and them already having done it and wanting to blaze right through.

I'm pretty far in the game though, I've rang both bells so far.

My character is a sorcerer.. a big difference from the ultra high dex katana wielding wanderer I used in Demon's Souls... but still getting good results vs black phantoms.. im 4-0 right now.. and I'd probably of run into more black phantoms but I dont spend all that much time in human form.

you def cant use the flask as a phantom.

yea i do the same thing i do my exploring and getting all my items by myself in hollow form. i always try and do the boss by myself before getting help. i like to help others tho too. so i might try it once by myself then ill lay my sign for some to try and help them. its a good way to get a strategy plan for when ur in human form.

i just rang the bottom bell last night (i already rang the top one). now i have to figure out if i need to keep goin forward or if i should go to were the door opened from ringing the bells. thats one thing about the open world format, its easy to wonder into a section ur not suppose to be yet and get ur ass handed to u.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:28pm
yep milly.. i wandered past the 2nd bell and you get stopped at one point by a sealed door.. but their is quite a bit you can do.. its rather hard though.

I would suggest heading to the forest if you havent already done all that.. or heading to Sen's Fortress.. thats where im headed next.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:37pm
yea i have been in the forest a little bit then seen a huge 3 headed thing that fired 3 magic things and i was like f this dont think im suppose to be here yet. ill prob go forward a bit to see if theres any good items then head back though all of it which will suck. i know i still have to beat that thing that throws lighting right before u enter the the woods. i usually just ran past him. so maybe ill try and beat him too on my way back.

is Sen's Fortress were the door opened from ringing the bells?
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:39pm
yep, thats sens fortress.

ive done everything in the woods besides beat that hydra your talking about and one other boss
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:43pm
yea im pretty sure i searched most of the woods but i seen him and i was like im outta here. plus i didnt feel like losing the souls i had at the time.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 5:27pm
just to let u guys know dont open the cell for the guy in golden armor. youre gonna regret it
name_is_clantag
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 5:38pm
o f*** i already did
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>