FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dark Souls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark Souls
    Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 1:31pm
I agree with you chisox666! How far have you gotten?
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by chisox666

This game is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. I still don't understand how humanity works, lol. Anyone know where a good place is to farm souls?

what lvl are you? and where are you at in the game? there are 2 good ways to farm but its easier for me to recommend which way to use by knowing what lvl u r and where ur at in the game.

yes this is one of the best for sure. i have played through 3X. would have finished a fourth but i started to play ACR since i had it on my shelf unopened for over a month. thought it was time to crack it open. im sure ill go back to Dark Souls once i get through single player on ACR.
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Ppareja76

I agree with you chisox666! How far have you gotten?

i just beat the butterfly in Darkroot garden. I went into Blighttown first, but decided to go to Darkroot garden instead because I kept getting poisoned by those darts and needed moss clumps (i think) from the ents ( the tree enemies in darkroot garden) to counter the poison.

As far as level goes, I'm on 49 I think. My highest stats are Vit, End, and Dex, all 22 with Strength close behind at 20. Don't really remember what everything else is. I use virtually no magic, lol!

I've been playing the game hallowed for the most part, but am going to try and play as a human more so I can get invaded finally:) I wish you were given your life back after beating a boss, instead of just when you consume humanity.
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Milly

This game is the best RPG I have ever played in my life. I still don't understand how humanity works, lol. Anyone know where a good place is to farm souls?

what lvl are you? and where are you at in the game? there are 2 good ways to farm but its easier for me to recommend which way to use by knowing what lvl u r and where ur at in the game.

yes this is one of the best for sure. i have played through 3X. would have finished a fourth but i started to play ACR since i had it on my shelf unopened for over a month. thought it was time to crack it open. im sure ill go back to Dark Souls once i get through single player on ACR.

Holy sh!t on being on your 4th playthrough! I'm on soul level 49. I just started farming souls recently by running a lap behind the crested door in darkroot garden, getting the guys there to chase me and then they fall off the ledge, usually netting me 7k souls in 2-3 mins, but sometimes that damn mage just doesn't want to follow you which will lengthen the process!

So, where else can i find lotsa souls mighty quick? Anything in this game like that storm level from Demons Souls where you could rack up 20k souls in a few mins by using the storm sword? That'd be nice!
get fragged

chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 1:34pm
Anybody have a good strategy on how to beat the Red Dragon? I can't shoot him to death with arrows because he keeps healing himself. Trying to melee him is a PITA too. I can manage to get a couple of melee hits on it's head by standing off to the left side (after getting it to come forward by shooting one arrow) but then I die once it's starts breathing fire. Help!!
get fragged

Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 2:07pm

Holy sh!t on being on your 4th playthrough! I'm on soul level 49. I just started farming souls recently by running a lap behind the crested door in darkroot garden, getting the guys there to chase me and then they fall off the ledge, usually netting me 7k souls in 2-3 mins, but sometimes that damn mage just doesn't want to follow you which will lengthen the process!

So, where else can i find lotsa souls mighty quick? Anything in this game like that storm level from Demons Souls where you could rack up 20k souls in a few mins by using the storm sword? That'd be nice!
Looks like you found a good way to farm souls in the darkroot garden. I was actually going to mention what you mentioned.

By Red Dragon, are you talking about the dragon that drops the Drake Sword? if so, the way I was able to beat him was to sit by the edges where the fire cant hit you. When he comes towards you, get behind him and chop away. I actually passed him and didnt come back to fight him till i had strong enough weapons and armor. Im about to go thru my 3rd walkthrough and still think he was the toughest boss out of the entire game. 

chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Ppareja76

Looks like you found a good way to farm souls in the darkroot garden. I was actually going to mention what you mentioned.

By Red Dragon, are you talking about the dragon that drops the Drake Sword? if so, the way I was able to beat him was to sit by the edges where the fire cant hit you. When he comes towards you, get behind him and chop away. I actually passed him and didnt come back to fight him till i had strong enough weapons and armor. Im about to go thru my 3rd walkthrough and still think he was the toughest boss out of the entire game. 

Sounds like I need to get some stronger armor then I'll come back and try again. I'm still using the original armor I was given as a Wanderer!
get fragged

Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:37pm
sorry been a bit busy, but ill get u a response about farming souls up tonight. yea u def need to use some better armor. do you just not have anything better or just havent really checked what u got in inventory? you said you were set up as a melee character right?
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:26am

sorry been a bit busy, but ill get u a response about farming souls up tonight. yea u def need to use some better armor. do you just not have anything better or just havent really checked what u got in inventory? you said you were set up as a melee character right?

I have the Elite Knight Armor now which I'm using along with the Drake Sword and Knight Shield. It's an ok setup, but still not what I want for where I'm at in the game.
get fragged

Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:36am
ok there are a couple ways to farm souls. one is the way you are already doing it. to do a lap in Darkroot garden and have the Hunters fall of the cliff. here are some others.

1. joining the Darkwraith covenant. this covenant always you to invade other players game whenever you want and also if you are killed in their game doesnt make you lose anything. i def suggest if you want to use this method that you do it in you first play through. reason being you have to go through the Four Kings boss to get it. now while there are hard on the first they may become thee hardest boss in the game on the second play through and beyond. i have heard that from many people and would prob agree with them. so def do this one on your first play through if your thinking you want to use this method.

2. this one you can do one of 2 ways. you can do it as a hollowed or human form. you are goin to want to set up PvP cause you will be fighting other human players in this method as well, but in this one you will have some help. unlike if you invade using the darkwraith covenant. ok so go to the door you opend with the crest in the Darkroot garden. as a hollow go to the bottom of the steps lay your summon sign. basically wait to be summoned, just about everyone that summons at that spot is farming souls. the way it works at that part of the Darkroot garden is whena human comes the Hunters covenant summons people to attack them. when you are summoned you and your summoner will continuously be invade by players that are part of the Hunters covenant. when you kill them you will get how ever many souls they are carrying. you can do the same thing in human form only you will be the one summoning and when you get killed you will drop your souls and have to pick them up again.

3. the third one is much like the second but right before the end of the game. after filling the lordvessle with all the souls needed the big doors will open and you will go down a flight of steps and then a little platform. lay your summoning sign down on there. you will get invaded by human players in a little bit of time. if you are in human form try using the item that attracks phantoms may speed up the process.

4. this one is simply just setting your summoning sign in front of the boss at Anor Londo. its an easy spot to get to once you open the door way to the building its in. plus people are always looking for help with that one and its a fair amount of souls as well.

i have never used the darkwraith covenant method but out of all the other one the 2nd one is the best one to use. plus its fun to PvP with someone on your team. ive had many of times it was actually a 2v2 cause they Hunters can summon more then one person to invade you or your summoners game. hope that helps and if you need more details let me know.
Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:45am

ok i was goin to mention the elite knight armor cause it easy to get. dont rememebr if you said you have been through Blight town. if not go through there and ring the second bell by beating the spider lady. follow the path down and the go out the doorway to the next area. cant remember then name but has lava. follow that to the right and go through the fog. dont worry the big thing will not attack you til you grab the armor. the back corner this is an item which is an armor set. it is one of the best all-round armor set you can get, and its even light in weight. i actually still use the bottom part of that armor set now mixed with some others and im lvl 140 something i think. that will def help ya.

Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 11:34am
Has anyone been able to get the sword from the wolf?
Zoltrekun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zoltrekun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 12:06am
Just finished this masterpiece a few days ago.
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:27pm
After a very successful petition to port Dark Souls to PC I now notice a lot of outcry at the fact that a small company with other projects to attend to and no experience in Pc games isn't able to really improve the performance compared to the console versions, and that this is a dealbreaker

(along with complaints about a pricetag of 40 euro being very high; even though it includes ~10 hours of new content)
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:39pm
Yup, Dark Souls on PC is 6h1t. Why? Because they couldnt make detailed area's smoother.

Btw, new expension called "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die" is on its way.

Side note: Dro, that might be the new content your talking about.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:55pm
Yea, Pc version gets that content included
I hope there'll be a demo of sorts so people can just try it out before dismissing it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234