Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Mayweather vs Ortiz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FnA
FnA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mayweather vs Ortiz
    Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 12:42am
Who saw this fight earlier? Definitely going down as one of the most controversial ones in the history of the sport.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 12:49am
i did, what a d1ck move, Ortiz was dirty with the headbutt, but Floyd is grade "A" B1tch.
a true champion does not need to win like that.
he needs to stop being a pussy and gets his ass owned by pac-man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:00am
Just saw replays, the ref didnt was not even looking when the punch happened, what a load of bullsh1t
lol at floyd and larry merchant tho, hilarious 
Watch in 720P....duh
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:00am
Ortiz got caught with his
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:02am
And you're half right rican. Ya, kind of a b itch move from floyd, but ortiz shouldn't have went out of his way to apologize like that. Protect yaself at all times, and he didn't do that. Kissing another dude on the cheek and s hit.....
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 3:42am
Mayweather would win the fight anyways if this sh*t happen or not. On to the next one.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 9:09am
Agreed, he would have one, but he still acts/fights like a b1tch  :)

Watch in 720P....duh
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:00pm
From my knowledge of this fight, both fighters were wrong. Ortiz shouldn't intentionally headbutt Floyd while he (Ortiz) was frustrated and Floyd shouldn't hit Ortiz while ref wasn't observing the fight. As soon as ref said "Time" and wasn't looking, Floyd took advantage and ended the fight with 2 blows. Whether the fans like it or not, it was a legal punch.

To me, this fight reminds me of Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs Arturo Gatti (R.I.P.). Gatti was complaining about Floyd elbow him behind the head (neck area), kneeing him down. Gatti look at the ref and as soon as he took his eyes off from his opponent, Floyd landed a flush shot which floored Gatti's knockdown. Rule# 1: Protect yourself as all time. The ref can't save you for everything in the ring.

I do want to see a rematch if its happens. But then again, Floyd would embarrass his ass just like he did last night with a proper way.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:58pm
I guess every ref states "protect yourself at all times" before every fight for a reason. lol

Mayweather also gave the announcer some sh1t after the fight. That old announcer told Mayweather "If i was 50 years younger id whoop yo ass" xD
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 5:15pm
moral of the story, mayweather is a Candy-Ass
may have one of the best records in Boxing history, but fights like a pansy and is one of the most boring people in the ring.
Will never be in the top 10 all time fighting the way he does.
Watch in 720P....duh
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

From my knowledge of this fight, both fighters were wrong. Ortiz shouldn't intentionally headbutt Floyd while he (Ortiz) was frustrated and Floyd shouldn't hit Ortiz while ref wasn't observing the fight. As soon as ref said "Time" and wasn't looking, Floyd took advantage and ended the fight with 2 blows. Whether the fans like it or not, it was a legal punch.

To me, this fight reminds me of Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs Arturo Gatti (R.I.P.). Gatti was complaining about Floyd elbow him behind the head (neck area), kneeing him down. Gatti look at the ref and as soon as he took his eyes off from his opponent, Floyd landed a flush shot which floored Gatti's knockdown. Rule# 1: Protect yourself as all time. The ref can't save you for everything in the ring.

I do want to see a rematch if its happens. But then again, Floyd would embarrass his ass just like he did last night with a proper way.

I doubt you'll see a rematch, Floyd gonna BaNk about 40 Million.
Ortiz is a punk & got knocked out for his troubles. There's a reason why they say KEEP YOUR GUARD UP @ ALL TIMES!
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 6:42pm
who kan beat Floyd let me know
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by phhiLLN

who kan beat Floyd let me know
Maybe Pacquiao but the world will never know until they fight.

As far as competition, no fighter I can think of can't beat Floyd in Welterweight Division. To me, he's the best fighter (boxing) of our era. Floyd receive his first cut on his 42 professional bout from a dirty hit.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 11:17pm
1) you dont give a guy another hug when the ref says get it on
2) protect yourself at all times
3) Ortiz looked like a fool out there
4) Pacquiao TAKE THE DAMN TEST!

Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 11:24pm
Exactly! If Pacquiao wasn't whining like a b*tch and complaing about a test, we would already see the mega fight of the century.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 12:13am
Gos both ways, manny should take the test, floyd needs to stop being a candy-ass
Demanding the majority of the money, when as of l8ly, he has not accomplished anything like what pacman has done
moving up in weight, going against people who are muchhh bigger then him and kicking the living sh1t out of them
Look @ what he did to Margarito, dude is know for always pushing 4ward and being relentless, and manny may have damaged the dudes eye 4ever
If the fight ever comes around, i think floyd will win, he fights like a pansy and defense > offense, will go to decision
But if he slips up even for a second, Manny will knock him out

Watch in 720P....duh
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 12:22am
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

Gos both ways, manny should take the test, floyd needs to stop being a candy-ass
Demanding the majority of the money, when as of l8ly, he has not accomplished anything like what pacman has done
moving up in weight, going against people who are muchhh bigger then him and kicking the living sh1t out of them
Look @ what he did to Margarito, dude is know for always pushing 4ward and being relentless, and manny may have damaged the dudes eye 4ever
If the fight ever comes around, i think floyd will win, he fights like a pansy and defense > offense, will go to decision
But if he slips up even for a second, Manny will knock him out

Sorry dude , your a cool guy when i played with u in MEGA but you dont understand floyd's mentality. Being hated = more money in the bank his fighting style is not pussy at all. Hes simply too fast. He knows how to move and he knows how to aggravate. Hes a wise fighter , but where he really shines is how he lands punches. Dude can hit you out of nowhere with his speed. Definition of stick and move pure and simple.

Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:04am
I agree with Yinyang 100 percent. Plus, Floyd has power as well. It's that he doesn't use it all the time. Why waste your power in a ring when you possiblibility have to fight 36 minutes? Floyd fight smarter than most fighters in the game. Why do you think Floyd never got a cut throughout his entire professional fights until last night? Just because these fighters think they can beat Floyd doesn't mean they can win. They can watch his tapes forever and will never get a solution to beat Floyd. Like at Hatton, Marquez, De La Hoya, Mosley. All tried and all failed. Speed > Everything.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:15am
And for the record, Floyd called out Manny Pacquaio in 2009. Fight was cancelled. He called out Oscar De La Hoya when he won his lightweight champion belt. He called out Shane Mosley twice. One in 2006 and the other earlier (don't know what year tho). Out of all of these fighters, they were in their prime at that time.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:17am
Its skill without question, and his hitting accuracy is amazing.
He can hit you no matter how you defend it, and can block or move away from anything you throw at him.
But, if he was more aggressive, and actually looked like he wanted to fight, id respect him.
He could fight the most exciting fighter in the world and turn it into a snooze fest. Boxing is entertainment, which is where those MILLIONS of dollars come from, 80% of people would rater see too homeless people going at it over a piece of ham then Floyd fight the way he does.
Its no wonder why MMA has been getting so popular as of late. (being a tad dramatic, but you get the point)
Back to subject, Floyd has amazing skill, But Manny is pound4pound the best fighter in the world (on many list) after all hes proven these last few years, so to ask 70/30 purse against Pac-man is retarded and he knows it, This way he knows the fight wont happen and can rest easy.

Its all a matter of opinion, and no matter what i say will change your mind, and vice versa.

Watch in 720P....duh
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:20am

And for the record, Floyd called out Manny Pacquaio in 2009. Fight was cancelled. He called out Oscar De La Hoya when he won his lightweight champion belt. He called out Shane Mosley twice. One in 2006 and the other earlier (don't know what year tho). Out of all of these fighters, they were in their prime at that time.

Back to subject, Floyd has amazing skill, But Manny is pound4pound the best fighter in the world (on many list) after all hes proven these last few years, so to ask 70/30 purse against Pac-man is retarded and he knows it, This way he knows the fight wont happen and can rest easy.

smh
Watch in 720P....duh
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:26am

Actually, it was 60/40 purse.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:29am

smh
You said I'm wrong. Ok. It's obvious you don't follow boxing as I do.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:34am
my mistake, 60/40
how can the #1 P4P fighter not get the bigger cut, or at least an even cut... Obviously he is trolling and knew they wouldnt/will not accept it
and i said your wrong??? huh? 
Watch in 720P....duh
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:44am
And after the first round of negotiations fell threw, Manny accepted them the 2nd time, Random drug testing up until 2 weeks of the fight, and agreed on purse, Floyd did not sign the contract.
either way, i think after Manny wins this next fight, it will be Floyd's turn, and he will more then likely win, using dem defensive skills 
Watch in 720P....duh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>