Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Quake Live
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Check out my boy GeN1us goin HAM with a controller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check out my boy GeN1us goin HAM with a controller
    Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:50pm

RP Interviews: Gen1us

Posted by Mastertouch on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Current Team: Galaxy

Favorite Gametype: Duel

Favorite Map: Campgrounds

Favorite Weapon: LG,RL,RG

Other Favorite Competitive Games: Tekken,StreetFighter

Hobbies: Movies,Music,Sports

Gen1us is a tekken 6 pro player.  A recent video of him shows that he can play Quake Live competitively with a controller.  

RP: When did you start playing Quake?

Gen1us: I started playing Quake, 5 Years ago with Quake 4 on the xbox 360

RP: You are the best pad player I’ve ever seen.  What inspires you to use pad on Quake Live?

Gen1us: I use pad on Quake Live to show players that it is possible to do.  Not only do it, but open a new world of 1v1 pad fps.  I play to show that with correct gear, a pad player can compete against a keyboard and mouse player.  Another reason is to show that it is possible for games like Quake to be configured on console games with pads.  

RP:  Have you played Quake Arena Arcade on the xbox 360?

Gen1us: Yeah, I bought Quake Arena for the xbox 360.  It is really not good.  The control settings are horrible, the game is not well set, and the aiming is uncontrollable.  Bad adaptation

RP: What configuration do you use with a game pad? 

Gen1us: My cfg with pad is:

-Left Stick Moving
-Right stick Aming
-Dpad for 4 weapons: Up (Rockets) Right (LG) Left (Rail) Down (Machine Gun)
-Buttons on front also for weapons: Y(Grenade) B (Shotgun) A(Plasma)

-Left Trigger Jump
-Right Trigger Shoot
-Top Left button zoom
-Top right button silent walk
-left stick click for crouch

-right stick click for gauntlet
-start to escape
-select is tab

RP: Do you see a future Quake title implementing cross platform multiplayer?

Gen1us: Hopefully, i'm doing all that to open a world like i said.  There are so many fps console players in the world.  But they are only halo and call of duty, which are a great games.  Shooters like quake should be on.

RP: Many PC players were questioning your skill with the gamepad.  They think you used a keyboard and mouse.  Will you follow up with another video in the future that shows you playing on your pad?

Gen1us: I definitely will, the video they saw was nicely converted by some friends I met.  The duel was basic.  Nothing was set on my gamepad, nothing on my graph, and i still need to get back on practice.  So a video coming soon like "The" video which will be a frag movie.  It will be a compilation of frags only on pad played which will include live footage with my playing with a controller.  I hope this future video will become popular in the world and make 1v1 dm games popular on the controller.  

RP: What do you think about the whole PC vs console hate?

Gen1us: It is really nonsense.  There is great stuff on pc and great stuff on console.  It can't be compared, it not the same style.  There are a few things that look the same, but it's two different worlds.  It should be brought together, not with hate.

RP: Did you participate in any Quake Live tournaments?

Gen1us: No, I never did.  I probably will when everything is set and with some practice.  But it's not my goal to be a beast on Quake Live. It's for the future of fps on consoles.

RP: How do you like the current state of Quake Live?  What do you think ID needs to do to make it better?

Gen1us: I like Quake Live right now.  I don't know Quake 3 much, so I can't compare.  But the game is great.  I would like it to be on console one day.  With everyone on the same graphic settings and everyone with the same game.

RP: How is the tekken scene in Europe? 

Gen1us: The tekken scene in Europe is great.  Though with tekken 6, it is more quiet.  A lot of people don't practice or play the game anymore.  But it's a great scene.  With tekken tag 2, it's going to be crazy again.  

RP: With tekken tag 2 coming out, do you see the tekken fighting scene exploding? 

Gen1us: Well tekken scene in tekken tag 1, tekken tag 5, and tekktn dr have really exploded.  Tekken is the most popular played fighting game alongside street fighter in the world.  Actually Tekken 6 is number 1 in Japan, in front of Street fighter and Virtua Fighter.  

RP: Thank you for your time.  Any shoutouts?

Gen1us: Thanks for all the pc players and other players that support me.  Keep connected on the net for the video.  Revolution is coming!!

Post Reply Post Reply