FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HanFei

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HanFei
    Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 8:55am
Questions...

1.  Since light is made up of photons, does light has a specific mass or weight?  I'm assuming yes because gravity can alter its path (lensing, etc.).

2.  When a black hole displays jets heating matter outside the event horizon, is this heating caused by radiation emitted by the back hole?

3.  If light cannot escape a black hole, how does radiation manage this?  Is radiation something different than a particle?

I know you're busy, but the world will end at a predetermined time if I don't get these questions answered.  I can't say when, because I don't want to stir up a panic. Cry
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 4:55pm
Ok now i'm panicking! How comes u know and I don't??? Do u have a better search engine, m/c or r u closer to God than me uh?
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 5:44pm
LOL - not really Wink

Just a couple things that have come up in conversation.  I would trust HanFei's guess before most other peoples' facts on topics like these.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 8:10pm
well i havent the foggiest..still trying to get ma thick head around the existence of dark matter. Dont think either can seen but they can be observed in theory. I understand science in principle but need to take time to ully absorb theories as i usually have many questions - im a thinker lol. I'm interested in the response tho....
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Aquaknot

Questions...

1.  Since light is made up of photons, does light has a specific mass or weight?  I'm assuming yes because gravity can alter its path (lensing, etc.).

2.  When a black hole displays jets heating matter outside the event horizon, is this heating caused by radiation emitted by the back hole?

3.  If light cannot escape a black hole, how does radiation manage this?  Is radiation something different than a particle?

I know you're busy, but the world will end at a predetermined time if I don't get these questions answered.  I can't say when, because I don't want to stir up a panic. Cry

1) short answer: so long as it is moving ,it has mass. Long Answer: http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/ParticleAndNuclear/photon_mass.html I can talk more, if you want. Yes, they are distorted by the gravitational pull or stars.

2) I'm not familiar with these jets, only Hawking radiation. Generally, the black hole does not emit anything.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 10:30pm
Yes, radiation comes in different forms of particles. More on Hawking Radiation formation: "Virtual particle pairs are constantly being created near the horizon of the black hole, as they are everywhere.  Normally, they are created as a particle-antiparticle pair and they quickly annihilate each other.  But near the horizon of a black hole, it's possible for one to fall in before the annihilation can happen, in which case the other one escapes as Hawking radiation."
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 6:54am
Awesome!.  Exactly what I was looking for.  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

My guess then is that the Hawking Radiation that IS escaping is what appears to be heating the matter outside the event horizon.  This guess would then explain deep space images of suspected black holes having super bright matter surrounding them (sometimes in the form of jets).

This is fascinating for me and if my life had gone in a different direction; I like to dream that it would have been in physics.  Thanks for giving more relevant info than I could find on my own and for explaining it in simple terms. Thumbs Up
-- Thomas Jefferson
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:47am

Aqua are you planning on taking on Stephen Hawking?  Or trying to disprove Einstein?

ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:52am
i got a question for u hanfie.... is there anything u dont know? lol xD
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:54am

Awesome!.  Exactly what I was looking for.  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

My guess then is that the Hawking Radiation that IS escaping is what appears to be heating the matter outside the event horizon.  This guess would then explain deep space images of suspected black holes having super bright matter surrounding them (sometimes in the form of jets).

This is fascinating for me and if my life had gone in a different direction; I like to dream that it would have been in physics.  Thanks for giving more relevant info than I could find on my own and for explaining it in simple terms. Thumbs Up

You can always go back to school, but most of your coursework won't be glamorous....
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:56am
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

No. HanFei is the Chuck Norris of our generation.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:58am

I'm not so good at history, automotive repair or the middle east conflict.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:00am
Originally posted by HanFei

Don't worry about the middle east conflict. For over 10,000 years now, people can't figure out the middle east conflict. We're all just too stupid to realize that the conflict in that region will never be solved.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:59am

look what our small convo had.  got this old man's juices flowing again.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 9:01am

it's not a plan of mine in the future, but it's funny nonetheless to read.  has a lot of info about how the earth could be technically destroyed by crazies.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Aqua are you planning on taking on Stephen Hawking?  Or trying to disprove Einstein?

LOL - no.  More of a casual hobby/interest.  I've been interested in this since my earliest memories.  Other kids were memorizing baseball cards and I was digging through books in the library or reading the dictionary.  Sad commentary on my childhood... lmao.  I should have played sports and chased girls more.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Ether404

look what our small convo had.  got this old man's juices flowing again.  

Ha, after our chat, I couldn't stop thinking about it until I asked our resident Zen Master!
-- Thomas Jefferson
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 10:55am

You can always go back to school, but most of your coursework won't be glamorous....

I've thought about it, but the 3 years I spent in the 9th grade were plenty Wink
-- Thomas Jefferson
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Don't worry about the middle east conflict. For over 10,000 years now, people can't figure out the middle east conflict. We're all just too stupid to realize that the conflict in that region will never be solved.
solar power and a big f***ing fence would solve it.
 Post Reply Post Reply